Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-04-2018, 07:28 AM   #1

Good Sam Experience

Had my first blowout ever pulling a rig. I always prided myself on checking tires before trips and making sure proper pressure etc. These are Gladiator Trailer tires 10 ply at 80 psi. Easter Sunday afternoon on the way to Cotton Hill Corp Of Engineer Campground the dreaded blowout occurred. We were between Cuthbert and Ft. Gaines, Georgia. In other words in the middle of nowhere. I saw the blowout occur in my side mirror and got stopped immediately as soon as possible with no damage to the 5th wheel, thank goodness. Fortunately, we had one cell tower showing on the phone so made the call to Good Sam. The biggest problem encountered was her locating us(she was in Texas) on a map. Finally made the connection and she said help would be on the way shortly and would we like text updates. Oh yes, we said. We had one text that help was on the way and then I received a phone call from the nicest guy ever. Said he would be there in 10 minutes. He shows up in his pickup truck with his tool box and Jack. I had already lowered the good spare. Had us back on the road in less than 20 minutes from when he arrived. Told he we were sorry that we had messed up his EAster Sunday afternoon, and he just said no problem. He was sitting around waiting for family to arrive for an afternoon Easter Dinner. We thanked him and were on our way. From time to blowout to getting back on the road, less than one hour. I can't say anything but good things about our service. Hope yours goes as well, should you ever need it.

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
:)
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 08:32 AM   #2

Sorry you had a blow out but that is great to hear positive feedback. We have Good Sam roadside and hope we never need it. Thanks for the post.
Old 04-04-2018, 09:38 AM   #3

Ive only ever used it once. The kids managed to lock u about k. The first trip, and the dealer had included it. We were pretty remote, and somebody was there in less than an hour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2x Honda 2K
NewBlackDak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 12:29 PM   #4

I HATE HATE HATE giving Camping World Marcus Lemonis any revenue but I have the Good Sam card and have saved LOTS of money not only in fuel savings but also at most campgrounds. Its a nice card to have.
Progressive EMS Hardwired
Beautiful Wife and Beautiful 11 YO Daughter
Standard Goldendoodle and Miniture Poodledoodle
Kahoneys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 02:31 PM   #5
Site Team

We have had GSRS for 12+ years and never had a bad experience and have used it a good bit.
We had it before the current CEO was here and we'll likely have it when he is gone.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 08:58 AM   #6

I had it GSR with my old trailer and used it once. We pulled into our site for camping and then noticed our flat. Luckily it wasn't a massive blow out while going 65 mph. Not sure exactly when it happened. I called Good Sams Roadside as soon as we were setup. It was raining and the guy said he would be on his way. I told him, let's wait until the next day since it's raining (we weren't going anywhere). He gladly accepted. He was out the next day, threw on my spare and checked all the other China bombs for pressure. Great service.

My new rig came with the free 1 year from CoachNet, but now has expired. I will register with GSR next week.
Old 04-05-2018, 10:40 AM   #7

Love the discounts, the only roadside assistance we ever needed was when I'm sitting at home in the burb's north of Atlanta and DW calls from a Nashville hospital parking lot where her and her sister were visiting a cousin. She proceeds to tell me they have a flat like I'm around the corner and can run and help. Long story short, call to Good Sam's and problem solved. Considering they were in an unfamiliar place after dark I was very pleased and very relieved!
"Gonna buy a home on wheels see
how it feels going mobile"
mothernaturesson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 10:57 AM   #8

We had a blow out on our Jayco Class C on Monday evening on Memorial Day 6 years ago. Called Good Sam and was told 2-3 hour wait because of the Holiday, 20 minutes later Tow truck pulls up changes my tire and has us on the road in no time. He told me Good Sam was a good payer so they give there customers priority. Sure made me happy.
Old 04-05-2018, 04:04 PM   #9

As a post mortem, How old were your tires? Date code if you still have them.
2016 Ford Focus set up to flat tow
Pfflyer is offline   Reply With Quote