Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-03-2019, 10:49 AM   #1

Hot Water Heater

I have a 36FBTS, my question is has anyone had to access the back of the water heater on my unit? My water heater is located under the pantry and the one half bath. There is no way to access the back that I can see. The only way I can see is to remove it from the outside. The reason I am asking is in case I have a leak or have to replace the electric element.
Squires2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 11:37 AM   #2

Just a guess since I don’t have your unit, but take a good look at the bottom of the pantry or under the sink for a false panel that can be unscrewed for access.

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 12:30 PM   #3

Thanks Magnolia Tom! I did take off a side panel under the one half bath sink. This only gave me access to a side of the hot water heater. I just can't imagine that they built it in where you can't get access without taking the whole water heater out to get to the back where all the connections are.
Old 03-03-2019, 12:41 PM   #4

So, it appears your Pinnacle is set up kinda like my northpoint. Go into your pass thru storage and remove the walls. You'll need a square head bit to remove the screws. That should give you full access to that hot water heater, furnace, etc...
Lake Huron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 12:53 PM   #5

I just saw a video on your model. Your pass thru storage wall is straight across. Mine has a small L to it, but is basically the same.
Take a look at this thread I have. You can see in a few pics I had to remove my was to get access to a few items. Hot water heater is right under the furnace.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f6/if-you-want-it-done-right-63735.html
Lake Huron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 01:44 PM   #6

My furnace is at the end of the pass thru storage, just before the one half bath. I can get to the furnace thru the storage, but the one half bath is between it and the hot water heater which is under the pantry in a enclosed compartment it looks like.