Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-30-2019, 06:03 PM   #1

Hot water issues

Here is my issue both faucets on the bathroom sink and shower and toilet are hot water this started a week ago. I have checked the outside shower faucet it is turned off but it is the same way, both hot and cold are scalding hot. The kitchen sink is fine. I checked the valves at the hot water heater they are correct. Like I said this started within the last week. 2019 Eagle HT 30.45CKTS is the model anyone have any ideas or have seen this issue.
LulaBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 09:46 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LulaBelle View Post
Here is my issue both faucets on the bathroom sink and shower and toilet are hot water this started a week ago. I have checked the outside shower faucet it is turned off but it is the same way, both hot and cold are scalding hot. The kitchen sink is fine. I checked the valves at the hot water heater they are correct. Like I said this started within the last week. 2019 Eagle HT 30.45CKTS is the model anyone have any ideas or have seen this issue.
Just doesn't seem possible if this has been working correctly in the past. Can a faucet go bad and bleed from one side to another?
Chris Wendt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 10:05 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LulaBelle View Post
Just doesn't seem possible if this has been working correctly in the past. Make sure the outside shower facet is turned off. Then make sure your valves are set properly - the ones you use to winterize the unit. Thats a start.
Chris Wendt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 11:18 AM   #4
Site Team

I would verify the hot water bypass valves. You didn't mention if they have been operated lately but they have been known to get stuck in the wrong position. The only way to fix it is to replace the bad valve if that is it.

Some of the new units have 2- 3way valves instead of 3- 2way valves. It threw me for a loop when they first changed them over.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 11:29 PM   #5

The first thing that came to mind was the outside faucet must have been left on causing the crossover. But they where both off. The next thing I did was verify that the hot water crossover valves were in the correct state. I knew they would be as it had worked just one week prior. The only thing that I know is weird is the week before we had gone on a trip and was walmart camping, when we turned the water pump on it did not pressurize the system and then cut off it continued to run. It worked as it should just would not shut off. I really did not have time to explore what was up with that at the time. But now I am seeing this issue and I don't know whats going on. The water pump should not cause this as it is just a supply to the hot water heater from the tank it is not a hot cold through way for the separate lines. Like I stated I am only having an issue in the bathroom, shower sink and toilet. The kitchen is working fine and that really makes no sense as it is not a separate system. I have let the water run in the kitchen and the cold water never gets hot. But if you turn the cold on in the bathroom it starts out cold and then goes scalding.
LulaBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 04:02 AM   #6
Site Team

You are getting hot water in the toilet? I have heard of this but it was in a new rig that was plumbed incorrectly. On your last post, you say the pump has nothing to do with the problem but if it won't turn off, it means that water is flowing thru the pump when it should not be ? hmmmm, stuck check valve or manual valve somewhere?

I'm following this but I have no clue.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 08:16 AM   #7

Does this trailer have the unidock system that has like 5 valves? If so one of those valves could be bad. That would explain the pump issue from your last outing (circulating water back to tank)
Only a couple of ways this can happen, 1) valve set wrong, broken, or 2) outside or inside shower valves open with head turned off, or 3) someone done some plumbing work. Since you didn’t say you replumbed anything I’d say we can rule out #3
Old 07-03-2019, 10:15 AM   #8
Lost in the Woods

Do you have a shower head that has a shut off on the head itself? Make sure both wall shower valves are off too.
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote