Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-01-2020, 10:57 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomson View Post
You may want to use Microfiber sheets. We have a king bed and can wash the sheets and pillow cases in one load. They dry in about a half hour

You can wash all of that with no problem?
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 10:58 PM   #42

Hey, guys, so what is a good setting to set this at to wash normal cloth?
Old 07-01-2020, 10:59 PM   #43

Nice install...looks great
Pullrite Superglide.
Mikayles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 11:04 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by serfas01 View Post
We installed a Maytag washer and dryer that we got from Sears in our Pinnacle when we got it. The allocated space for them was too short (front to back) so I had to fir out the front of the cabinet with oak hardwood. The dryer is 220 volt so I installed a 30 Amp circuit breaker right off of the input cord for protection. The pair work very well together. The dryer works much better than the Splendide we had in our 2014 Pinnacle. We can wash and dry our King sheets with no problem. The hole through the back was a bit tricky but I got it within a quarter inch so it worked out okay. Very nice to have as we are snowbirds.

Oh, okay, I see how you did that now it look nice and it also look like that it was kind of tight getting it in there.

Now I went to Homedepot and ask the lady that do they have one that will fit, I should have known better than to ask them but all they had was two separate unit and I knew that I didn't want to go that way, I wanted just to all in one washer and dryer.
Old 07-01-2020, 11:10 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujonaut View Post
I went with the ventless 7100XC. The wife wouldn't let me drill a hole in the side of the trailer. It was a pain to get it in the cabinet, but it works pretty good.

Thank you for your comment I was thinking about going with the 7100XC but the wife wanted to vented one, happy wife happy life, right.
Old 07-01-2020, 11:19 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikayles View Post
Nice install...looks great

Thank you sir, and I did it all by myself I had to do some thinking though. I had my 4x8 utility trailer that I transport it in, I also had my hand dolly and two ramp. I unpack it in the trailer and I back up the trailer to the stair using the ramp to get it inside the door.

From there I man handling up the stair and use those rug slider underneath the washer and dryer to slide it up to the cabinet and from I pick up one side and push it in a little at a time.

So yeah I got a work out for sure, I have being lifting weight and running 3 to 5 miles at a time so I am pretty good shape, but since the pandemic I have being doing some at home. We get to try it out next week, I wanted to try the water line out when I was putting it in but my fiver is still winterize.
Old 07-03-2020, 06:44 PM   #47

We got a washer / dryer when we bought our new 5er. I wasn’t as brave as you are, I had them agree to install it!
Old 07-04-2020, 12:32 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger431 View Post
We got a washer / dryer when we bought our new 5er. I wasn’t as brave as you are, I had them agree to install it!

Lol, funny, yeah I know the dealer told me that it will cost $2,200 and that not included tax so I went to CW and bought the washer and dryer on sale for $999.00 and with my military discount and my Good Sam club discount I got it pretty cheap.

I bought the vented kit for about $30 or so and my time so I went for it. I can't wait to use it, will be going out for 11 days so we will see.
Old 07-04-2020, 02:54 AM   #49

Washer

Big1
When we had our Splendide, they suggest to NOT use a lot of detergent in it.
They even say to try it without detergent and you will be surprised how it actually cleans.

My neighbor at the time I sold it to, overloaded it one time. He then had the fun job of taking machine apart to put the belt back on.

Good Luck

2016 Pinnacle 36 KPTS
2016 F350 Lariat CC LB dually 6.7
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 07:18 AM   #50

My 2100XC has been working flawlessly for 10 years now. It did take me a while to figure out how to make it work well. Several things I learned:

Use HE detergent and don't get heavy on the amount

Do not overload it.

Do not use fabric softener. It just coats to the side of the vent and causes the need to vacuum it out

Use dryer balls. I use 4 and that helps cut wrinkling to a minimum.

I only use cycle 3. Any of the others makes wrinkles a lot worse. Adjust time drying time as necessary, but I only use cycle 3.

Early on the dryer cycle would shut off due to overheating (plugged up exhaust vent tube). See the comment above about fabric softener. Westland Sales sent me the following procedure to clean out the lint problem. It worked and now I perform this once a month, but only 1 time. I also stopped using fabric softener completely.

1. Start the unit without clothes and with the dry time off on cycle # 11. When the water stops entering the unit push and hold the start button until all the lights come on then release the button. *NOTE: If the water is not at least half way up the glass repeat this step.

2. Move the cycle knob to cycle # 2 push the extra rinse button then press the start button once (do not hold) then let it run through that complete cycle.

Do this 3 times then try the dryer.

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 09:06 AM   #51
JCM

You were better off with the vented on. It dries faster and better.
JCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 02:35 PM   #52

Thank you guys for the tips I really appreciate it we will be using it pretty soon, our trip Monday will take us out for about 11 days.