Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-03-2022, 11:33 AM   #1

Icemaker not working…

Hi! I’ve owned my Northpoint 377RLBH for a year now. Over this past weekend I noticed that my icemaker slowed down, then completely stopped making ice a couple of days ago. I have the Jayco freshwater system and the Whirlpool side-by-side residential fridge. The pump is on (red light at the switch on the kitchen island) and I’m getting water at both the counter spigot and fridge. I also verified that the icemaker is turned on at the switch inside the ice cube bay. Any ideas what may be going on?

I refilled the 5 gallon jug for the freshwater system about a week ago. Other than that, everything else with the fridge and water system is working normally.

Also, out of curiosity, should the water from the fridge be chilled?

…Thanks for any help!
…Bill
Wodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 11:38 AM   #2

Raise and lower the wire bail a couple times sometimes that helps reset it.
Old 08-03-2022, 01:48 PM   #3

Thanks for the quick reply! I don’t see a wire bail inside the ice container or connect to the icemaker itself. Am I checking in the right place?
Wodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 02:26 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wodman View Post
Thanks for the quick reply! I don’t see a wire bail inside the ice container or connect to the icemaker itself. Am I checking in the right place?
That's what controls how full the bin gets. What brand fridge?
Attached Thumbnails
ice.jpg  
Old 08-03-2022, 02:28 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
That's what controls how full the bin gets. What brand fridge?
That's not the Whirlpool side by side they're talking about. There's no wire to shut off the ice.
rkymntsno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 02:42 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkymntsno View Post
That's not the Whirlpool side by side they're talking about. There's no wire to shut off the ice.
Thanks...Is there a reset button on the front of the icemaker?
Old 08-03-2022, 06:12 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Thanks...Is there a reset button on the front of the icemaker?
No. Just an on/off switch behind the ice bucket when you take it out of the door if they have the same Whirlpool side by side I have which it sounds like they do.
rkymntsno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 07:05 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkymntsno View Post
No. Just an on/off switch behind the ice bucket when you take it out of the door if they have the same Whirlpool side by side I have which it sounds like they do.
Realized I said brand when I should have said model#.. Does it use the flat paddle to detect the ice? Is it stuck in the off position, all the way under the ice maker?
Old 08-03-2022, 11:21 PM   #9

If you have access to rear of the fridge you will find 3 solenoids that control water flow. The main solenoid allows flow to the other 2 solenoids. One is for the drinking dispenser and the other one is for the icemaker. You can disconnect the 2 electrical connections from each solenoid to see which controls the water dispenser or ice maker. If you disconnect the water dispenser solenoid it won't work and then you know the other is the icemaker water flow solenoid. Disconnect those 2 connectors and using an ohmeter check for continuity of the solenoid coil (across the blade connectors). Infinity ohms (no resistance reading) the solenoid is bad. Happened to me on a brand new 2020 Pinnacle and Whirlpool warrantys are extremely bad. Fixed it myself and paid less for the part on the net. P/N's are on the solenoid.
Edutron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 08:02 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wodman View Post
Hi! I’ve owned my Northpoint 377RLBH for a year now. Over this past weekend I noticed that my icemaker slowed down, then completely stopped making ice a couple of days ago. I have the Jayco freshwater system and the Whirlpool side-by-side residential fridge. The pump is on (red light at the switch on the kitchen island) and I’m getting water at both the counter spigot and fridge. I also verified that the icemaker is turned on at the switch inside the ice cube bay. Any ideas what may be going on?

I refilled the 5 gallon jug for the freshwater system about a week ago. Other than that, everything else with the fridge and water system is working normally.

Also, out of curiosity, should the water from the fridge be chilled?

…Thanks for any help!
…Bill
Hi, we started having similar problems with our ice maker today. sounds like we have the same or similar model with the bottled water station. if you have not changed the filter in at least 6 months, that might be where to start. according to whirlpool the filter is required for the ice maker to operate. WP also said i could try to manually lower the shutoff arm, but it wouldn't drop. i was not willing to force it and possibly break it. the water had slowed to a trickle yesterday and ice stopped today. we removed the filter and water flow improved, but no ice.
had a thunderstorm this evening with brief power interruption, and low and behold, ice again though the bar is still in the raised position. what do they say, "don't look a gift horse in the mouth"?
good luck.
Old 08-04-2022, 08:15 PM   #11

Or, even try just taking the current filter out, shaking it and even flushing it with water and replace it. in either case, be sure to reset the filter warning on the door panel by hitting the options button 2 times, then filter reset (Lock) and then confirm (Measured fill).
Old 08-05-2022, 08:39 AM   #12

Update: later last night the water reduced to a trickle again which in turn affected the ice making since the volume was not enough to fill the tray. out of desperation/frustration i removed the filter again which was only 2-months old and had filtered only about 12 gallons of water so far. we now have half a bin of ice. so, contrary to WP you do not need the filter in place for the ice maker to make ice and the bar does is still in the up position. go figure! apparently it functions at the whim of the camping gods!!

Tags
icemaker