Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-01-2023, 09:16 AM   #1

Items listed as Standard Equipment that are not installed

Hello All,

Has anyone dealt with standard equipment per the brochure not being installed in your RV? According to the 2014 Eagle Premier brochure, washer dryer prep is standard equipment. I could not find anything in the closet, no access panels or anything. I asked Jayco and my first response is that it was equipped with the W/D prep. I asked Jayco again for clarification and was told today that my rig in fact did not have w/d prep. The other things that are supposed to be standard and my rig is missing are not a big deal but the w/d prep is a big deal. Since there is no prep, I think it is pretty much impossible to add a washer dryer now.

Thanks,
Jason
bluemaruder001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2023, 09:27 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemaruder001 View Post
Hello All,

Has anyone dealt with standard equipment per the brochure not being installed in your RV? According to the 2014 Eagle Premier brochure, washer dryer prep is standard equipment. I could not find anything in the closet, no access panels or anything. I asked Jayco and my first response is that it was equipped with the W/D prep. I asked Jayco again for clarification and was told today that my rig in fact did not have w/d prep. The other things that are supposed to be standard and my rig is missing are not a big deal but the w/d prep is a big deal. Since there is no prep, I think it is pretty much impossible to add a washer dryer now.
Thanks,
Jason
Which Model? Are you the original owner? It is 9 years old and kind of late to be asking now.

As to your original question, you may not have an access panel. Many rigs have the prep behind a wall panel which has to be removed when you take out the shelves in that space, you won't see anything until then. That is how our 2015 was.
Old 05-01-2023, 09:36 AM   #3

Mine is the 331 RETS, 2nd Owner. We are full time and previous location had facilities on site, new location does not and laundry mats are not close by, thats why I was considering adding a w/d. In the closet, there is no power connections or panels of any kind.
Old 05-01-2023, 09:42 AM   #4

My understanding is that "Standard Equipment" simply means that those items do not cost extra when\if installed. What I suspect is that the original purchaser (or dealer) has the ability to order the RV with a storage closet instead of a W/D prep setup and likely for no additional cost. I have only ordered a couple of new RVs over the many years (purchased many more that were new but didn't custom order), in any case, many manufactures will allow you to swap out standard equipment items for less than standard components when ordering. Things may be different now days though as I have slowed down and haven't purchased a new RV in a while... maybe never will again. ~CA
Old 05-01-2023, 09:52 AM   #5

Quote:
there is no power connections or panels of any kind.
The panel would be the actual wall of the closet and everything may be behind it. As I stated, none of the plumbing was visible in our 2015 Pinnacle until the paneling was removed after we took out the shelves. Do you have separate breakers for a W&D?
Old 05-01-2023, 10:12 AM   #6

I cannot remember off hand if I have breakers for w/d in my inverter panel. I will have to look.
Old 05-01-2023, 10:14 AM   #7

From what I learned from Jayco this was not a special order. They also told me that as the rig moves down the line if there is something that they do not have on hand to install at the time, the rig does not get it.
Old 05-01-2023, 11:24 AM   #8

Ok, so I do have a breaker for washer and a breaker for dryer in the panel. In the upper right corner of the hanging closet there are 2 outlets, I need to see if the washer and dryer breaker feed those 2 outlets. If they do it is odd that they put them on the wrong side of the wall that divides the hanging closet and the washer and dryer closet.
Old 05-01-2023, 11:37 AM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Ok, so I do have a breaker for washer and a breaker for dryer in the panel. In the upper right corner of the hanging closet there are 2 outlets, I need to see if the washer and dryer breaker feed those 2 outlets. If they do it is odd that they put them on the wrong side of the wall that divides the hanging closet and the washer and dryer closet.
My 2011 has w/d prep. If you put a w/d in that hole you could not get to the outlets. Mine has a round hole drilled between the closet and the cabinet where the equipment would go. We decided we would rather have the storage. So it is never used.

You might try looking under that area to see if any water supply lines are there. Mine has all that and even a low point drain and valves.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2023, 11:42 AM   #10

I do not see any water or drain lines in the overhead of the basement running forward past the bathroom plumbing. I pulled the forward wall of the basement back and do not see anything there either.
Old 05-01-2023, 12:39 PM   #11

Quote:
I do not see any water or drain lines in the overhead of the basement running forward past the bathroom plumbing. I pulled the forward wall of the basement back and do not see anything there either.
As Norty said the outlets are properly located to access them. You may not see any plumbing lines until you remove the paneling in that compartment. They are not always visible as they normally run under the false floor in the regular closet.
Old 05-01-2023, 08:51 PM   #12

Do you have this carpeted “ledge” on the floor/wall?
If so, then that is were the water pipes are and the drain pipe. Then they run into the closet.
You can probably pull out the bottom drawer of the dresser and see the pipes.

If you don’t have the necessary plumbing, then put it in yourself.
Pull the wall down in the storage and hook up some 1 1/2 ABS to the bathroom grey tank and run some Pex.
You always needed to cut the dryer vent yourself.
Attached Thumbnails
EE3E6526-10FB-49A9-B7D6-993D235B0448.jpg  
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2023, 11:01 AM   #13

Ok, so I took the top shelf out of the closet and behind outboard side wall of the closet is a drain pipe and 2 water connections strapped to a support at the back outboard corner of the closet. Most W/D prep I have seen already have the washing machine outlet box installed, Has anyone done an install without adding the washing machine outlet box or should that be added.
Old 05-04-2023, 06:40 PM   #14

Contact Jayco customer service with your VIN and obtain a build sheet to confirm what was actually provided.

Assuming there is space for a washer/dryer, it may be possible to install hot/cold water/drain plumbing and electrical for them. We love the washer/dryer in ours.
Old 05-04-2023, 07:10 PM   #15

Quote:
Ok, so I took the top shelf out of the closet and behind outboard side wall of the closet is a drain pipe and 2 water connections strapped to a support at the back outboard corner of the closet. Most W/D prep I have seen already have the washing machine outlet box installed, Has anyone done an install without adding the washing machine outlet box or should that be added.
You don't need a w/d box. When they installed the w/d in our PINNACLE the dealer just added shut off valves to the lines and the drain hose was just pushed into the drain by about a foot. Everything was secured to be sure nothing moved.
Old 05-05-2023, 06:31 AM   #16

@Camp CA, I have been back and forth with Jayco. One person told me it did not have the prep and another this week said it did. I was able to confirm that I do have the fittings behind the outboard wall in the closet. I had to remove the top shelf to find them.

@Klassic, I do have the ledge, how did you remove yours (if you did remove it) I cannot find any screws along the top or bottom or side edges.
Old 05-05-2023, 06:55 AM   #17

Quote:

@Klassic, I do have the ledge, how did you remove yours (if you did remove it) I cannot find any screws along the top or bottom or side edges.
I’ve never taken mine off, but I can feel screw heads buried in the carpet along the top edge.
Maybe they sank yours a little deeper.
And like I said, if you take out the bottom drawer you will have access to the pipes.
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2023, 07:01 AM   #18

Ok, I will dig more into it. I do see all the pipes behind the bottom drawer. I was going to plumb the drain pan to the outside through the front right landing gear area and it would be easier to route and secure the hose with the ledge cover removed.

Tags
dryer, prep, washer