Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-29-2022, 07:54 PM   #1

Jayco Eagle Whirlpool Residential Referigerator Questions

We just brought home a new 2022 321RSTS.

A couple of questions on the fridge:

1. Will the water in the door only work through the island pump and 5 gallon water bucket or can it run from the city water.

2. How does the ice maker fill. The switch is on but the tray is still dry.
Bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 08:05 PM   #2

When we first got our Pinnacle it only worked thru the island pump. I decided to bypass the pump and the jug so it could be removed for added storage space. I installed a filter under the sink for the drinking water faucet and the Whirlpool has its own filter. We also have the whole house filter in the wet bay so I think we're pretty well covered filter wise.

Our ice maker/water in the door worked from the jug and pump when we had it and now from the direct connection. There is shut off valve behind the drawers next to the fridge on ours. Not sure about how yours is configured but if there is a set of drawers next to your fridge pull the bottom one out and look for one. It may be turned off.
F350guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 08:51 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by F350guy View Post
When we first got our Pinnacle it only worked thru the island pump. I decided to bypass the pump and the jug so it could be removed for added storage space. I installed a filter under the sink for the drinking water faucet and the Whirlpool has its own filter. We also have the whole house filter in the wet bay so I think we're pretty well covered filter wise.

Our ice maker/water in the door worked from the jug and pump when we had it and now from the direct connection. There is shut off valve behind the drawers next to the fridge on ours. Not sure about how yours is configured but if there is a set of drawers next to your fridge pull the bottom one out and look for one. It may be turned off.
Thanks for the info. I had found the valve under the drawer and confirmed that it’s on.

That island pump sure is loud.
Old 03-30-2022, 04:25 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdog View Post
Thanks for the info. I had found the valve under the drawer and confirmed that it’s on.

That island pump sure is loud.
We have 317RLOK with the 5gallon water jug in the island. We were told that it fed the refrigerator - both water and ice. YES that pump is really loud - to the point that my wife was awake most of one night was counting the number of cycles it takes to fill the ice maker every hour. (For the record ours is 24 :-). In your comment “the switch is on”. Are you referring to the water pump switch or the ice maker switch? In addition to the water pump switch there is on/off switch for the ice maker behind the ice holding compartment. It took us a while to find that one.
Roadpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 04:35 AM   #5

As Roadpop said, make sure the switch in the icemaker is on. Ours works great, somehow we don't think it is that noisy. It is just the 2 of us, so it typically , the water bottle, lasts a good week before needing replacing. Most grocery stores sell them and so far has not been an issue for us.
Old 03-30-2022, 05:35 AM   #6

Quote:
We just brought home a new 2022 321RSTS.

A couple of questions on the fridge:

1. Will the water in the door only work through the island pump and 5 gallon water bucket or can it run from the city water.

2. How does the ice maker fill. The switch is on but the tray is still dry.
We have a 21 37MDQS. It's brand new, and we've only camped in it on our way home from the dealer (a 1000 miles). We have NEVER had water in the jug, and our fridge has both water and ice in it, and we have only been hooked up to city water. We have never even had the pump turned on.

I thought that it would only work on the bottle, but in our case, that isn't true...
Old 03-30-2022, 04:16 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadpop View Post
We have 317RLOK with the 5gallon water jug in the island. We were told that it fed the refrigerator - both water and ice. YES that pump is really loud - to the point that my wife was awake most of one night was counting the number of cycles it takes to fill the ice maker every hour. (For the record ours is 24 :-). In your comment “the switch is on”. Are you referring to the water pump switch or the ice maker switch? In addition to the water pump switch there is on/off switch for the ice maker behind the ice holding compartment. It took us a while to find that one.
Yes, there is a switch for the ice maker inside the fridge, another switch for the pump on the island plus a switch on the pump itself.

All 3 are on.
Old 04-01-2022, 07:29 AM   #8

Being it is a new camper, you could have a valve shut off closed. I found this valve behind the stove because when I tested mine the line was not connected at this valve. I had to remove the bottom draws and stove drawer and trace the water hose back from the fridge to find it.
Flashdman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2022, 09:38 AM   #9

Did you get this issue resolved?
landmark573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2022, 11:01 AM   #10

I did verify this weekend that our system DOES have water and ice in the door, WITHOUT using the 5 gallon jug. We are only on city water, and the pump is off. I have never turned any valves on or off either. It was this was from the factory.

It is weird that they are all not the same when it comes to features like this...
Old 04-23-2022, 03:10 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by landmark573 View Post
Did you get this issue resolved?
I haven’t found a way to run water through the fridge without using the pump and jug.

That pump is just too loud to leave on all the time though, which really prevents us from using the ice maker.
Old 04-23-2022, 04:16 PM   #12

Quote:

That pump is just too loud to leave on all the time though, which really prevents us from using the ice maker.
I forgot to add that we do NOT get water at the spigot when we are hooked up to city water. We have to have the pump on to get water at the spigot We ONLY get water at the fridge on city water, and I can't figure out how to get the fridge on the 5 gallon.

Here's the funny thing though, our spigot pump is totally quiet, and we can't hear it when it's running. So the pump on is quiet for those don't want the pump!!

We are going to remove the spigot and replace it with a hand soap dispenser. We have a whole water filter, and a filter in the fridge. That's enough filtering for us...

YMMV...
cadman_ks is offline   Reply With Quote