Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-23-2023, 01:38 PM   #1

Landing gear failed, auto-level on order

We had some trouble last fall with our landing gear on our 2019 30.5CKTS when we put it away for the winter. We finally have enough spring to get it out and checked over. Conclusion is that one jack is completely stripped out and the gears are heavily worn on both. At least it didn't fall on us last year.

Moving forward, instead of replacing the jacks with what was, I ordered the 4-point LCI Ground Control 3.0 from eTrailer last night. I know I should have went hydraulic, but timing and ease of bolt-on installation sold me this direction.

For those who have installed the aftermarket LCI kits, do you have any suggestions or advice on the install? Did you install a separate 50 amp breaker just for the Ground Control or us the one that came with the camper? Mine has already been changed to a 50 amp.

Since I had to remove the battery box to access the jacks, I see how much room is used by the battery box, and some space lost between the box and the one jack. Has anyone reconfigured that space to make it more usable? If so, some photos would be great.
H2oPumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2023, 07:09 PM   #2

Check out my thread on the install process from 2018. Installed on my 2018 30.5MLOK just a couple weeks after taking delivery. The installation too a couple days but was otherwise flawless. The system is still working great 4 1/2 years later.

To answer your question, I did not install a separate 50 amp breaker since it technically would have needed to be run straight to the battery. There was already a 50 amp present that the existing landing gear were connected to so I just tapped off on that.

On your question about the battery box, I was able to keep mine in the same spot, however in 2020 I went lithium and made my own box out of plywood.
Shackrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2023, 07:30 PM   #3

I did read your thread in the past, nice workup on it. I'll be reviewing it again before installing mine. Hopefully I'll find the rear sensor plate on my camper too. Thank you.
Old 04-23-2023, 07:44 PM   #4

Battery Box

Good luck to you! I also found a couple photos of my battery box that I installed in 2020.. No formal design just made it up as I built it.
Attached Thumbnails
61999716547__CE7D611D-7689-4A48-A652-E21F06BB22D6.jpg   IMG_3112.jpg   IMG_3114.jpg   IMG_3117.jpg  
Old 04-25-2023, 07:47 PM   #5

I have question on how you ran the wires to the rear jacks. Did you run them through the underbelly or strap them to the outer frame? It's not going to be so easy to drop the belly liner with it between the frame rails.
Old 04-25-2023, 08:13 PM   #6

I thought about trying to run the cabling through the underbelly but the prospect of that once I started to investigate the effort was a non-starter. I wound up running along the outside of the frame rails with zip-ties to hold them to whatever I could get a zip tie around. I haven't had any issues with the cable loom moving or sagging so far. I have the ends at the jack tied off with a drip loop and strain relief as well.

Running along the frame rails certainly helped to speed up the install a bit.
Old 05-12-2023, 03:04 PM   #7

Installed and functioning, but not as advertised

The ground control is installed. It went in seemlessly, just took time.
When I got the system, it had no remote in the box. I tried to put in remote learning mode to sync with the remote that came with the camper, but it would not enter the sync mode. Then I took a close look at the controller and it had BT and a Passcode one it, so I downloaded the phone app and it linked.
Attached Thumbnails
Screenshot_20230507-093839.jpg   Screenshot_20230507-093856.jpg   PXL_20230507_142821414.jpg   Screenshot_20230507-093937.jpg