Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-10-2017, 12:30 PM   #1

Lndg gear comes down slow on one side.

I've got an HT with the ground control 3.0. When I lower the front landing gear, one side comes down slightly faster than the other. Usually about an inch difference when all said and done. Once the faster side slows from doing all the work, they join up. Fully retracted and extended they're even, so it's definitely a speed of movement issue. Anyone else experience this? A lube issue maybe? I don't like putting all that weight on one corner when unhitching in particular.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
2024 Chevy 3500HD DRW
TxLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 05:58 AM   #2

The first thing I would do i store lubricate everything really well. When I did ours I pulled the leg extensions all the way out and cleaned/lubricated them, them lowered gear as much as I could and cleaned/lubed that. Don't forget to lubricate the pins too. Overall it made a world of difference in how the system operated.

Another thing that I do to ensure I get even pressure on both legs is to lower the legs about 6", then pull the pins and let the extensions "float" while running the legs down again. Once I hear the pins snap into place I check to make sure they are fully seated before raising the rig off the hitch. Depending on the terrain, I've had as much as three pin holes different on the extensions.
robkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 12:52 PM   #3

Great suggestions. I'll head out to my storage area tomorrow and give that a shot. Really like your lowering method. Makes good sense.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
2024 Chevy 3500HD DRW
TxLoser is offline   Reply With Quote