Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-27-2018, 12:24 PM   #1

Looking to upgrade to a Pinnacle 36FBTS ??

My wife is retiring at the end of the school year this year and we are looking to up grade from our Jayco Whitehawk 30dsre TT to the Pinnacle 36FBTS 5ver. Does anyone have one of this model or anyone have any thoughts on it? I travel for work about eight months out of the year with my TT and she will be coming along starting next year. Love the TT but not really set up for a couple that is pretty much gonna be full timing it. Our plan is to give the full timing ago for at least a year before we sell the house. Just to be sure its what we want. We have done a lot of looking at 5vers and still the Jayco seems to be winning out on the features we are looking for and the durability. Would really love to here from some other full timers as to how they like it. I have had my TT for about 6 years now and really don't have any complaints. (normal repair stuff but nothing I wouldn't expect from living in it for so long). Thats prolly the biggest reason we are sticking with Jayco! thoughts? ideas?
Old 10-27-2018, 02:49 PM   #2

Excellent choice. Ideal layout for a couple. We are extremely satisfied with our 2018 36FBTS. We have only had one small problem with a misaligned exterior service door that was promptly taken care of by our dealer.
Gary C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 05:36 PM   #3

We like ours real well. I got into some tree limbs with my roof and had it replaced through insurance but that was nobodies fault but my own! We would definitely buy the same thing again.
Old 10-28-2018, 07:24 AM   #4

It’s a real nice unit and we like ours a lot. If I had to do it again I would, but order it without furniture in the LR and get my own apartment-style cloth furniture to make it even more homey.
802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 06:27 AM   #5

We are happy with our 2016 36FBTS. Bought it new in 2017 and have full timed for 18 months now. Really comfortable. Currently wintering on Vancouver Island.
Bowana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 01:47 PM   #6

We just picked up 2018 last week and so far very happy...couple minor bugs but will be easy fix.....love the layout and the king bed...very comfy....definitely built and designed for long term travel if you wish....looking forward to being in FL this coming winter....
2018 Pinnacle 36KPTS

Sola123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 08:11 PM   #7

We have a 2016 that we purchased new in May 2017. Had everything we would have special ordered except for slide out awnings. We had the dealer order and install the matching slide out awnings. Why did we buy a Pinnacle? We had a 2012 Cardinal with four slides we had special ordered and it was a super unit however my wife is handicapped with a prothesis below the knee on her right leg and a deformed foot on her left due to diabetes problems. That along with some back problems it became too hard for her to go up and down the steps to the upper lever to use the bathroom. I decided if we were going to continue to RV we were going to have to get a unit with a half bath on the lower level. I don't remember now how I got on to the Pinnacle but in looking at the floor plans the FBTS was perfect for what we needed. I sent an inquiry to Jayco and in a very short time they Emailed me back and said the dealer for all of southern and western Kansas was 60 miles away and had one in stock. A few minutes a salesman contacted us and said they had a new 2016 model. We double checked how the unit was equipped and then went to see it the next morning. Ended up trading the same day. We love the unit and especially the bathroom on the lower level. We have a get-away country place and quite often we have visitors during the day. The location of the bathroom is perfect and keeps visitors from tracking through the bedroom and upper bath/shower area. I traded my 2012 Ford F350 6.7 diesel SRW the same week for a 2017 Ford F350 dually, a duplicate of what we had, same color and same interior. I had just put 17.5 Goodyear tires and aluminum wheels($2500.00) on the Cardinal so I kept them and they put the new tires and wheels off the Pinnacle on the Cardinal. Would do it again in a heart beat. No major problems of any kind. Please take into consideration these units are heavy and you need a truck that will safely handle them.
15 Gal Aux Gas Tank
Double Tow 2016 Yamaha Viking Side x Side
Donpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 05:39 PM   #8

R U sure the FB is worth it?

We own a 2019 36FBTS. The h@lf bath is nice, but you give up some much needed kitchen space and the bedroom is a little cramped for such a big unit. Also, the little double sinks and the half bath sink are all located underneath wood cabinetry; I crack my head regularly when trying to wash my face. We didn’t check everything thoroughly enough before they delivered to our destination campsite. Lots of issues that the dealer won’t fix—sound bar not connected, middle jacks don’t work, stereo stopped working altogether, massage chair won’t turn off, fridge ice dispenser never worked, etc. Other than these, it’s a nice trailer!
FBST1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 10:47 AM   #9

I don't think you could go wrong with any model Pinnacle. The extra 6 inches of width seems like a foot when it comes down to the interior. Love ours!
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote