Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-30-2015, 05:48 PM   #11

It's done! A new 29.5BHDS IS on order with a deposit placed.

In the end, I'm happy with my trade in value and happy with the price I got. I'm not going to share it publicly because I don't want anyone "peeing on my Wheaties", I'm happy where I ended up and that is all that matters. However, if someone does want to know, I will share by PM if you promise not to tell me anything.

Now the waiting begins. They are telling me 6 to 8 weeks. I guess we'll see...

Thanks for the advice and words of wisdom, it sure helped!

Cdash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 06:04 PM   #12
Site Team

Congrats on sealing the deal!

Crabman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 06:25 PM   #13

Congratulations! Best of luck with it! Just out of curiosity what do you have for a tow vehicle? Also what hitch will you be using or what hitch did the dealer recommend??
Kevin O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 06:38 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin O. View Post
Congratulations! Best of luck with it! Just out of curiosity what do you have for a tow vehicle? Also what hitch will you be using or what hitch did the dealer recommend??
2015 F-350 crew cab with short box and 6.7L diesel.

Hitch is Pullrite Superglide, which we have been using on our soon to be previous camper.
Old 12-30-2015, 09:08 PM   #15

Congrats from here in AZ as well. Just so you know, our trailer came from the factory with the axles already flipped (to make it taller.) Still, our nose is about 5" high. We'll be having a sub frame added in a few months, which should level our 29.5 nicely.
Queen Creek, Arizona
tularockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 08:13 AM   #16
jtw

Good for you, everybody is a Monday morning quarter back. As long as your happy thats all that maters. Happy camping!!
Old 12-31-2015, 08:36 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdash View Post
2015 F-350 crew cab with short box and 6.7L diesel.

Hitch is Pullrite Superglide, which we have been using on our soon to be previous camper.
Congrats on making the deal. Being happy about your deal is what matters!

I'm wondering which model of the Pullrite Superglide you have?
dalebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 09:24 AM   #18

Congrats. We ordered ours on 11/18 and the waiting is hard for sure. But even if it was built and ready now, we won't be picking ours up until maybe March sometime.

Dave...

2016 Eagle HT 29.5 BHDS Picked-up 4/1/16
2007 Rockwood ROO 21SS - SOLD
Aero_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 04:39 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdash View Post
We are negotiating with a local dealer on a 29.5 BHDS, which will be ordered since we cannot find one in a lot around here. I got the first number from him. I think it's reasonable, but seems like there is some room for him to come down still. I've read the article here about how to get the best price already.

This is the first time I have dealt with an RV and doing a trade in with it. I'm thinking the trade in number I have been given is pretty fair. The thing that concerns me is that they value the trade sight unseen with a disclaimer about an inspection. I didn't lie or withhold anything condition wise, but committing to a purchase with this variable hanging out there concerns me. Our rig is a 2006, so is no spring chicken, it's not perfect, but it isn't falling apart either. What if there are more issues than I'm aware of, or should I be concerned that they may try to low ball me on delivery? This part seems odd to me.

Also, from a strategy side, what's the best way to approach negotiating? I suck at it. With cars, I get the benefit of employee pricing, so I really haven't had to negotiate before.

Should I go in asking for a low number and come up as he goes down, or just tell him what I'll pay walk out and leave the rest to him?

Any advice would be appreciated!

I'm in the same spot right now.. New trailer ordered November 1st and is scheduled to be built/delivered in the next 3 weeks or so. They still haven't inspected my 2005 trade. Like you, I was upfront and honest about all aspects of my trade. I'm hoping the 'trade value ' doesn't change upon the swap.
Old 12-31-2015, 07:05 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jloco View Post
I'm in the same spot right now.. New trailer ordered November 1st and is scheduled to be built/delivered in the next 3 weeks or so. They still haven't inspected my 2005 trade. Like you, I was upfront and honest about all aspects of my trade. I'm hoping the 'trade value ' doesn't change upon the swap.
I got them to the point in negotiations that they asked if I'd bring in the trailer to look at it. I did, and prefer it, so I don't have to worry about the disclaimer staying if the camper is different than described. They looked over it and said they were ok. They got real close to where I wanted to be, so I signed.

I told them we'd get it emptied out this weekend and it will be all theirs. I'd rather it be gone now instead of sitting home where something unexpected could happen.