Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-16-2016, 08:08 PM   #21

We love our 16' 26.5BHS!! Perfect size, not to big. Just one kid now but having bunks is great. We're in Northern Nevada but purchased ours from Richardson's RV in Riverside, CA and the sales experience was great. I love having all the room, and nice that only about 24' of the overall length is behind the truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mtedelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 11:55 PM   #22

I going tomorrow to look at the 2017 Jayco Eagle HT 26.5RLS and see if we like it or do we want to go bigger.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 12:05 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by familyfun View Post
Hello All,

My husband and I are currently in the market for a 5th Wheel. We really are torn between the 26.5BHS and the 29.5FBDS. The problem is that we are in Texas. The closest location, Bossier City, LA only has the 26.5 (my husband's favorite) and Pooler, GA has my favorite 29.5FBDS.

We previously owned a Fleetwood Southwind. We enjoyed being able to travel inside the camper, but did not like the limited mobility we had once at a specific location. We opted not to tow a vehicle. I like the thought of having my home and vehicle where ever we go. We have a 4 year old and 11 year old still at home. We traveled a lot with our older children and can't wait to share the RVing experience with the younger ones.

We are new to the 5th wheel market, but I have done tons of research on affordable 5th wheel bunkhouses. Given the quality and price point, we decided upon the Jayco Eagle HT.

I would greatly appreciate any input regarding your experiences. We are considering doing some long term RVing during the summer months and weekend excursions during the winter months. We have purchased a Chevy Silverado 3500 to tow the camper.

Thanks!!!!
Hi we looked at the HT also, only thing we didn't like was the low ceiling in master bedroom. Ended up with Eagle RSTS lots roomier, had it for a year!Just got back from Lost Dutchman state park Apache Junction AZ.Happy Trails
Attached Thumbnails
+Actors Good.jpg   +L.D. Mtn 12-16.jpg  
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 08:22 PM   #24

If your going to be doing extended stays go big have the 265.rls will be getting something with a larger master soon and then some. Hope you end up with the perfect rig! have had a blast in ours now have boat footitiz. Good luck
Old 01-04-2017, 11:19 AM   #25

Hi We have a 26.5 bhs and really like it. Two Boys 15 and 11 very good space. Front bedroom is big enough. The only issue limited outside storage. Other than that I would highly recommend it.
JMBO is offline   Reply With Quote