Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-13-2022, 12:02 AM   #1

New to Jayco, toilet so close to wall

Hello,

My name is Andy and we are close to making a deal on a 2022 Pinnacle 32RLTS. We have had two previous toy haulers. The toys are gone and we are ready for a 5th wheel with some extra comfort.

We have researched the Solitude 310GK,Alliance RV Paradigm 310R, and Pinnacle 32RLTS. The Wife has settled on the Jayco with the Farmhouse interior.

Funny how small items can stall a decision. We are on one now with the location of the toilet and how close to the wall it is. I have searched the forum and it doesn't seem like other people have the same concern.

Has anyone had the commode moved to center between of the space? It seems like a difficult task but might be worth the hassle.

For context, I am a larger fella (think defensive tackle vs running back)

Thanks for including us and for any information!
Pismoduner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 03:35 AM   #2

I understand your concern and know several folks that have the bathroom layout as a high priority when choosing an RV.

Before I made plans to relocate a toilet, I would have to KNOW there was room underneath the floor to do so. There could easily be something in the space you would need to relocate. And please don't let the dealer tell you "That shouldn't be a problem". That's their presale explanation for everything.

The toilet plumbing connection is usually a straight drop into the tank - that's a good thing. If you move it, you will be at least adding 2 90 degree elbows and a length of pipe.

If it's me, I'm looking for a different stock bathroom plan.
OnTheGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 05:43 AM   #3

I took a quick look at that floorplan. It may be possible to just turn the toilet at a 45-degree angle, or a little less, and solve your problem. I had a similar situation in my Eagle and I rotated it "just a little" to fix it. That way you don't have to move any plumbing. Might have to extend the water supply line, which I added a shut off and braided supply hose anyway. Without seeing the wall(s) behind it and how that exact toilet is mounted to the floor, I'm just kind of guessing it might work.
Old 02-13-2022, 07:33 AM   #4

I don't think anything has changed since we got our 2020 32RLTS. The stool being too close to the wall has never been an issue for us. We are not large people so no opinion on whether or not that would make a difference. We did not like the original Dometic 310 the Pinnacle came with as we were used to the elongated bowls in our home. I bought a Dometic 320 last year and changed it out. Much more to our liking and still plenty of room for it.

We had our dealer do a few changes to ours as part of the deal. If you are serious with getting it you might want to see what they could do.
F350guy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
32rlts, 5th wheel, toilet