Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Trailers, 5th Wheels, and Motorhomes > Jayco Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 05-23-2018, 03:05 PM   #21

We picked up our new 315 RLTS in March. It has really turned out to be a well built RV. It is our third RV and our second Jayco. Our first came from RV Direct in Orlando. This one came from Indiana RV Connection.

I noticed that the rear window looks smaller/cabinets are bigger. Also looks like the counter top material has some darker streaks in it. Thanks for the pictures.

Enjoy the new camper!
Fixentwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 03:13 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookemdanno View Post
I have to say that my favorite change is the new window in the kitchen. Looks great & happy camping!

Mine too...that’s a beautiful trailer

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 03:19 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixentwo View Post
I noticed that the rear window looks smaller/cabinets are bigger. Also looks like the counter top material has some darker streaks in it. Thanks for the pictures.
They actually raised the rear roofline on most of the 2019 models, which allows for taller rear cabinets (and I think same size rear window), and also taller slides (around 5" taller?) and taller entry door.

Todd
Just outside Philly
2018 377RLBH
2019 Ford F450 Platinum
Old Faithful: 2004 GMC Sierra 3500 Diesel Dually
Lowmiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 06:12 PM   #24

Our 377 got delivered to the dealer today. Can't wait to pick it up.
prm99v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 06:27 PM   #25

I like the kitchen window!! Its small but I bet it makes a big difference on the ODS!
Progressive EMS Hardwired
Beautiful Wife and Beautiful 11 YO Daughter
Standard Goldendoodle and Miniture Poodledoodle
Kahoneys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 06:34 PM   #26

Congrats on your unit. My slide operates similarly, and it operates much more smoothly when lubed. I lube my slide rails monthly.
Old 05-23-2018, 06:54 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubleheader View Post
Congrats on your unit. My slide operates similarly, and it operates much more smoothly when lubed. I lube my slide rails monthly.
I was planning on the lube job. What do you use? My dad uses some kind of white grease in a spray bottle on his motor home. I've never had slides that need lubrication.
Old 05-23-2018, 08:35 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Tom View Post
Mine too...that’s a beautiful trailer
Hey Tom, when you do the kitchen window mod make sure you write us down some good directions.
Old 05-27-2018, 07:14 PM   #29

Congrats on the new 377. I also like the kitchen window and the counter top looks good. Ditto on the dinette slide working that way, should not be an issue

Oh yea Tom, take lots of pics when you do the window mod for the kitchen as we may want to do that too!!
Meadowlark paint
Iraq 69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 08:55 PM   #30

Ok. I have a gripe about the window over the stove. I like that there is a window there but, they didn't move the electrical outlet under the cabinets. With the valance over the window, you can't use the outlet! Maybe a low profile plug might work but a regular one won't. Also, we just finished our first weekend in a brand new camper, and there is already a split in one of the connections on the macerator line. Luckily I found out when I was draining the gray tank and not the black! Some duct tape and relocating the clamps got me through. I can bypass the macerator, but, silly me, I didn't bring any sewer hoses with me. After all, I shouldn't need them with that fancy tank sucker, right? Well, they are packed now for our next trip! Overall, a successful first outing and we are ready for our longer trip next week to Colorado!
Old 05-30-2018, 09:47 AM   #31

I have a different trailer but the slide probably works the same. I assume yours is also a flush floor type, ie, when extended, the floor of the slide is same level as the living area.

When constucted like that, the slide mechanism has to tilt to allow the slide floor to rise up and onto the living area floor. That is what the initial 'tilt' is for. After it tilts and slides in a bit the rest of the slide follows. The important part is to make sure the slide retracts and extends fully every time you use it.

FWIW, I have had the slide 'stick' at the top when it is about halfway retracted. I had to stop the retraction and pull on the top of the slide so it would retract the rest of the way. Lube on the rubber seals stopped that (retracting the slide when it was 22deg F outside probably didn't help ).
Maggie, Old English Sheepdog
vcbice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 10:59 AM   #32

Thanks, vcbice. I thought the slide movement was probably normal since it is a different type of slide. The concerning part for me is the loud pop and jump it makes when extending it. It occurs in the first foot of movement. I guess I need to get on the roof and extend it with my fancy phone connection to see what is going on. Anyway, that'll wait. We are off to Colorado for a week of no Oklahoma heat!
Old 05-30-2018, 03:43 PM   #33

For the slide had a similar issue it actually ended up mistiming the gears on our eagle. Turned out to be a missing shim on the top of front slide tube.
hymanykd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 05:24 PM   #34

RVOne and Slide

I bought in RVONE Buffalo last year. The point is to expect to save money but do not expect much more. The sales/finance side wants the money. The techs are friendly and will try to help. The walkthrough is quick and any issue you find after leaving the drive is considered the service depts. issue. You need to get in line for service even if you come back the next day after a local night to test things our.

We found the same issue with the passenger side slide and after a locak dealer adjusted it, all is well. It seemed to catch when going out and did not retract straight. Once adjusted, it was fine.

Good luck with you new 5th wheel

Ray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbaron32 View Post
We just returned from picking up our new 377RLBH in Buffalo and bringing it back to Virginia (after a night of camping on the way, of course). Overall, things went well...here are a few initial thoughts:

On RVOne:
With so much commentary on RVOne, we basically knew what to expect and it lived up to the reviews. We couldn't find another dealer to come within $7,000 of their price, so we ordered the unit. Sales experience was good. They sent me a copy of the confirmation right off the Jayco Portal showing all options were ordered as I requested. The unit was ordered late February and arrived on-time (was told unit completion 4/26 and available for pickup before Memorial Day) and all options were correct. Final pricing, financing, etc. were all as proposed, no surprises. The sales and finance folks were generally responsive as I asked some questions and for some updates along the way.

The PDI (well, they call it a 'demo' because you have to pay for the unit prior to delivery...they send pictures and you are allowed to come view if you want to, but the full 'PDI' is after payment...save your criticism, we knew this going in, they make you very aware of it and to us, it was worth the risk). Anyway, the walkthrough left a lot to be desired. We were told we had two hours and toward the end of the two hours a manager came in to directly tell us that our time with the staff was up. The person who did the walkthrough with us was friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful. He went through and tested all systems with us and later, with my wife showing the way, used a wood crayon to repair minor 'wood' imperfections from the build. We experienced a problem with the check valve on the city water connection not working (when the water pump was on, water came spewing out of the water connection spigot) which they replaced with a new valve on the spot. The other problem found was a window shade that will not stay down. They could not put in a warranty claim unless we can bring it back to them to repair (obviously we are not driving 17 hour roundtrip for that) and they cannot send us the part they claim, so we're left to find another solution or go through a local authorized dealer.

So yes, we were rushed through our PDI, which was disappointing. I got through the PDI checklist that is on this forum while my wife focused on the cosmetics. It was clear that causing a stink about them limiting my time was not going to get me anywhere as the manager himself was the one telling us that time was up. Again, we were aware that this is likely part of the price you pay to buy from RVOne and we knew going in that we would not be returning for service... They fixed the one major issue we had (the city water connection) and everything else on the unit appeared to be ok.

Would I buy from RVOne again? Ask me in a year or two lol...but $7,000 is a lot of money. Service after the sale we all know is the most challenging part of this hobby with most dealers (there are exceptions of course). So rolling the dice with RVOne or rolling the dice with a local dealer for $7,000 more....I'd have a hard time not going with RVOne...just go in with the proper expectations.

On the Unit:
We really like the 377. Most of the 2019 changes are positive (to us). The floor pattern is an improvement, as is the new outlets in bedroom, added window in the kitchen, spray port by the door, TV sound bar, etc. Disappointing changes include the 'hybrid' cooktop in the outdoor kitchen and deleted metal skirting...although it is still a very good looking unit. The mattress is very comfortable for an RV and the overall look, feel and features of the unit we love. It tows like a dream...our first fifth wheel after years with a 36' TT and I couldn't believe the difference in towing behavior...really great.

Problems:
We have discovered three issues:
-City water connection spewed water when using water pump (resolved during PDI).
-One of the roller shades will not stay down...just refused to 'lock' at all...I am going to take it apart tonight and hopefully can figure it out.
-The passenger-side slide (which has the dinette and theater seats) is sticking a bit (well, we think it's sticking...we're not sure if there's a problem or not). When pushing out/pulling in, the bottom is going out / coming in first and then pulling the top later...it appears to be stressing the unit some. It appears to be even to me when looking at the slide side to side and all the seals are sealing. This slide is not a schwintek but a more 'traditional' bottom-track electric slide...I'm not sure of the brand. I'm going to put some conditioner on the seals and use some slideout lubricant on the gears...any thoughts are appreciated.

Sorry for the long post...so many of you have been helpful to us as we went through the build, thought we'd update on some thoughts. Looking forward to a 3-night Memorial Day trip this weekend!
virginia27.5rlts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 05:55 AM   #35

Slide Issue

As an observation, most of the slides I have seen do this to redirect any standing water on the roof away from the unit. If this is not correct, please let me know.
Cecil1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 06:11 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyin_low View Post
I was planning on the lube job. What do you use? My dad uses some kind of white grease in a spray bottle on his motor home. I've never had slides that need lubrication.

I don’t remember exactly but the product is on Amazon and specifically for slide rails.
Old 05-31-2018, 07:55 AM   #37

One note about that slide. Make sure u do not walk on the first couple of feet when it is in. The floor when in is an inch or two up and u can damage it by walking on it.
Rock
2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 02:33 PM   #38

Our 2017 has the same slide and operates just like everyone else is describing. Looks and acts ok to me. No issues yet with it. It is strange but maybe that's how it " locks" in place?
MLaffoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 03:04 PM   #39

Did they do anything about the bathroom countertop? I know they replaced the crap faucet. We had the faucet and countertop replaced on our 2018, but the silicone around the sink is failing, causing the pressboard of the countertop to swell again. I was hoping they cut one to match the material of the kitchen island countertop.
2010 Ram 3500 4x4 long bed crew cab
2003 Royal Star Venture 1300cc
MontyRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 09:31 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyRV View Post
Did they do anything about the bathroom countertop? I know they replaced the crap faucet. We had the faucet and countertop replaced on our 2018, but the silicone around the sink is failing, causing the pressboard of the countertop to swell again. I was hoping they cut one to match the material of the kitchen island countertop.
The counter in the bathroom is similar to the kitchen. It doesn't have the smooth polished surface though. I'm not sure if it is different from yours as I haven't seen the 2018.