Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-06-2019, 07:14 PM   #1

Pinnacle Owners Bridge Heights

I have owned four RVs in the last 19 years all have been lower in height then the one I just purchased . The one I just bought in July of last year was a Pinnacle that has a height of 13 foot 6 inches. All of the others were 12 foot in height. On my second trip in it this year I came across three bridges that were 13 foot 8 inches and one that was 13 foot 6 inches. All three were on highway 77 in Schulenburg Texas. Luckily I spotted the sign ahead of time and took the detour around the bridges. Since this happened I decided to buy a GPS for RV's. The one I bought was the Magellan RV9490T-LMB. It has the input for weight, width and height. It also shows you all of the yellow signs on the road. But guess what? No yellow signs for bridges. LOL When I bought it I planed a route that I took to the Texas Valley and low and behold it took me right thru those bridges. I emailed the service department at Magellan and ended up emailing them for a week without any help. They did answer my e-mails but just gave me the runaround. I then purchased a program that is called Low Clearance POI - GPS Data . Great program, but it doesn't load on to the new RV9490t-LMB. They have now put a lockout on 3rd party soft-where. I did manage to load it on to Google Maps. Sure enough it spotted the three bridges. Now I have a great feeling of security knowing where all the low bridges are. I hope this might help the Pinnacle owners out there.
Squires2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 07:09 PM   #2

Thanks for this. Our North Point is also over 13' feet and we get nervous whenever we come up on a bridge. It sure forces you to get good at reading those bridge height signs though.

Dave

2018 Ford F350 6.7 SRW
2018 Jayco North Point 315RLTS
dkegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 08:02 PM   #3

Does anyone have the Garmin RV 770 NA LMT-S? I have been considering this one for my GPS unit. It will let you enter info about your RV such as length, weight, and height. I would like to hear from anyone who has experience with this Garmin. I have also considered mounting a wireless camera to the front of the AC cover facing forward.
ETCrockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 11:58 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETCrockett View Post
Does anyone have the Garmin RV 770 NA LMT-S? I have been considering this one for my GPS unit. It will let you enter info about your RV such as length, weight, and height. I would like to hear from anyone who has experience with this Garmin. I have also considered mounting a wireless camera to the front of the AC cover facing forward.
We have been using the Garmin 760LMT, which is similar, for two years and have had good results. As a backup, we also carry the truckers atlas which gives bridge heights.
Old 04-09-2019, 12:04 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nOZ View Post
We have been using the Garmin 760LMT, which is similar, for two years and have had good results. As a backup, we also carry the truckers atlas which gives bridge heights.
Same here...especially since the DW has trouble reading maps!
USMC Veterans (both of us)
Marine71-76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 12:10 PM   #6
CTP

All Stays rv app allows you to filter low clearance bridge heights to 15’.
It’s a pricey app but well worth it IMO.
Our NP is 13’2”, so height is a concern as well.
Old 04-09-2019, 01:25 PM   #7

The RV Parks & Campgrounds app show's low clearances on its map.

It's a free app for both Android and IOS.
Old 04-09-2019, 01:35 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETCrockett View Post

Think that's the one I used to use. I'll look in my closet if you are interested.

2016 Pinnacle 36 KPTS
2016 F350 Lariat CC LB dually 6.7
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote