Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-08-2021, 06:43 PM   #1

Portable Washing Machine

Any recommendations for a portable washing machine.

Thanks,

Marko
Marko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 01:25 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marko View Post
Any recommendations for a portable washing machine.

Thanks,

Marko
We have this one: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

We haven’t used it much yet but it seems to work pretty well.
Old 02-09-2021, 05:00 AM   #3

Scottenj

Thanks for the link and I checked it out on Amazon. It got great reviews.

Marko
Marko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 05:56 AM   #4

We have 2 of those, Mostly because we found them on a great deal on local classifieds. Our 33BHTS has the outdoor shower on the back of the camper so I made an adapter to hook the hoses to the outdoor shower faucet. For this upcoming season we bought a cargo carrier for the hitch on the rear bumper to put the washer/dryer on so it will always be high enough to drain and will be level all the time.

We have used 1 of them to wash clothes for about 9 people. It does a pretty good job.
Old 02-09-2021, 10:06 AM   #5

Funny, i was just doing some research online and came here to do some searches on posts. I saw the one posted earlier and then I was also looking at the Black & Decker BPWM09W

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...k_ql_qh_dp_hza

The first one is only 28lbs while the B&D is 44. Heavy, but able to move it around.

What type of adapter did you use for the outside shower? I suppose you could use a Y adapter if you have water faucet as well.
Old 02-09-2021, 11:54 AM   #6

We don't use our outdoor shower nearly at all so I just took an old shower head and removed the end of the hose and attached the hose from the washer to it with some pvc and clamps. originally I was using it with some re-usable zip ties but since we have pretty much stopped using the outdoor shower I just now leave only this hose connected.

The biggest issues that we ever had were:

1. one time while using it the "drier" stopped spinning. it was a set screw that came loose and took me about 25 minutes to get back together. This is when we were washing clothes for a group of 9 and had been running the washer/dryer for about 2.5 hours straight.

2. unlevel ground for the washer to sit on makes it much less efficient to wash or dry. which is why i now bought the cargo carrier. but the cargo carrier also provides the added benefit of not having to be bent over all of the time.
Old 02-09-2021, 02:29 PM   #7

Sometimes its hard to judge by amazon reviews with so many fake ones going around or I've seen a few lately that are reviews for a completely different product than what is currently being sold. 5 star reviews for a blanket but a washing machine is being sold.

There's several vendors of the wash/spin dryer. They all seem almost identical, probably made in China and vendor slaps different skin/color on it. On one of the vendors there are several reviews of what purchaser believes are used ones being delivered. Perhaps 1/3 of the reviews have it breaking, tearing holes in clothes or some other issue. Some of that you have to take with a grain of salt depending on how people use/abuse a tiny washer.

I'm favoring the larger washer that does the water automatically as those models seem to have better overall reviews. I'd prefer the cheaper one as it won't get too much use and its lighter, but worried about getting a bum unit where it would have been better to spend more the first time around.

Interested to see input others have. I don't think bots have infiltrated the forum yet.
Old 02-10-2021, 05:00 AM   #8

Even a used unit is likely not a problem. It basically 2 electric motors and 2 tubs. There isn't much to it so unless it was really beat on not sure it would matter. Both of the Units that I have I bought used.
Old 04-13-2021, 03:30 AM   #9

My little Giantex is the best small washing machine. I used one in my laundy at home for three years, and while it only handles a small load it washed well and was trouble free. It is a LOT lighter that 30kg - not sure of the actual weight but I could pick it up quite easily, bad back, crook heart and all.
Rihana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 09:05 AM   #10

For those that use the portable washer, where do you run it and how are you hooking up to a water source?

I bought the Giantex (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HKXVQYC) and I have fittings to connect to a hose as a water source as I was going to run it outside the RV. Then I had the ah ha moment (or oh no) when I thought about the draining.. I was planning on running outside just in case it started leaking.

So I suppose I could run it in the shower but then I need to figure out what adapter to buy. The quick connect on the washer is 55/64 faucet thread. I haven't been able to figure out the thread on the shower. I was thinking of getting a diverter attachment so I dont have to abuse the plastic threads on the valve unit. Curious if anyone has same setup and what they bought so I don't need to make multiple orders on amazon or trips to Lowes..
Old 09-26-2023, 09:54 AM   #11

Did you ever find the adapters to hook up to the shower?
EddyOsage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2023, 10:10 AM   #12

I did. I'd have to look at it again, but it was at least these two items:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08B4R763T/
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MF75E11/

However, I actually don't put it in the shower. The washer works great, but its heavy at 50lbs and moving it and out of the shower is a pain and its cramped to get things in and out. I actually just take it outside near water feed at the site and run it outside. I'm too afraid to let it run in the RV outside a water pan due to leaks. So when I know we are going to need it, I take it outside and put it near sewer line, hook up fresh water with a splitter, close black and gray tanks and put the drain line in the sewer line with a rock on it so it doesn't go anywhere.

There's one other piece that is a quick connect to attach the washer fresh hose to the T valve above. I need to look at it and see what it is as its not coming up on Amazon orders. I'll take a look later today.
Old 09-26-2023, 06:00 PM   #13

Here's the pics. Pretty sure the quick connect came with the washer. So I needed one of the above silver adapters to connect to the quick connect, the valve and a brass reducer. This looks like the reducer:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FPAPM8

So normally I'd leave the quick connect fitting to the shower brass reducer, but since I stopped putting it in there I have it on the quick connect to connect to the hose outside.
Attached Thumbnails
one.jpg   two.jpg