Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-06-2020, 06:52 PM   #1

power to Haloview MC7108 backup camera

Hello,

I just purchased a Haloview mc7108 backup camera. I also purchased the furrion adapter to plug into the installed plug that came with my 5th wheel. It is a 2021 Northpoint 310rlts. I have plugged in the camera according to the directions, which are sparse, but cannot get power to the camera. I have tested the camera and monitor so I know they work. I also took off the furrion plug and hardwired the plug that came with the camera so I wouldn't have to use the adapter. Still no power. I have not been able to get inside my coach because it's parked on the side of my house and I don't have enough room to pull down the stairs.
Is there a setting, button, or fuse that needs to be activated before using? Any advise would be helpful. Thank you!
Trublu1068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 07:32 PM   #2

My camera only gets power with the tow vehicle lights on, I drive with my running lights on. Yours might be the same

CURT FACTORY ball with the Andersen hitch
Ringneks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 09:18 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringneks View Post
My camera only gets power with the tow vehicle lights on, I drive with my running lights on. Yours might be the same
That was it. Thank you Ringnecks!
Trublu1068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 11:58 AM   #4

That fooled me too for the longest time.

If you want, there is a bulletin from Jayco to install a light switch in the bedroom to provide the power without the headlights. I'll try to find it.

Angus
2019 F350 DRW Lariat CC Long Bed Diesel "Sheila"
3 Chihuahuas and 4 cats
We don't camp, we don't glamp, we LIVE.
Joan617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 02:13 PM   #5

Early units had a switch in the wet bay or elsewhere. Later units went to running lights. Even later units went to running lights with the option of adding a switch in the bedroom. Just depends on the build date of what you have. My 2017 Eagle 293RKDS has the switch in the wet bay.

Earl
Line-X premium
Mopar wheel to wheel steps
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2024, 11:54 AM   #6

Won't Pair

I just bought the Haloview MC7108 and this thing won't pair. I have a little red light on the camera, and it's wired to the trailer lights, the lights are on and there appears to be power with the red light on the camera.

First I tried pairing it while the monitor was in the truck. I tried cams 1 through 4, going into pairing mode and sprinting to the camera to press the little button on the back before the 20 seconds expires. No Signal. I tried holding the pair button down for a few seconds, holding it down for the entire 20 seconds, pressing it once, cycling through each different camera on the monitor over and over again. No Signal.

I then took a 12V battery with a portable outlet, plugged the monitor into that, walked all the way to the back of the camper standing like 3 feet from the camera. No Signal.

I did hear about a "Power Booster" that Haloview sells on Amazon for 20 bucks, so I bought that, but the camera has a red light on. So I really don't think it's a power issue. I could be wrong.

Anyway, I'm about to give up on this and just get a 20 dollar eBay backup camera dashcam that I have in my truck and hard wire it. What a waste of money.
UrbanCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote