Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-08-2019, 08:48 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Phil2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Moncton
Posts: 108
Pullrite and tripod

Was wondering if anyone who has a Pullrite Superglide are using a tripod stabilizer and do you leave the capture plate on or do you take it off before placing tripod?
__________________
2015 Ford F150 FX4
2018 Eagle HT 27.5 RLTS
Phil2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 09:26 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
AKRUEBBE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Preferred RV Resort, Pahrump, NV
Posts: 2,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil2008 View Post
Was wondering if anyone who has a Pullrite Superglide are using a tripod stabilizer and do you leave the capture plate on or do you take it off before placing tripod?
I don't have either, but I would definitely say that you do NOT need to remove the capture plate. If you did it would be a pain. That capture plate has to be torqued down.
__________________
AL & JANET KRUEBBE
2019 PINNACLE 37RLWS
2018 NORTH POINT 315RLTS (TRADED)
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 10:44 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Nathan S.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Murrieta
Posts: 320
I have a Demco which is similar to the pull rite. You don’t need to take the plate off. I use a stabilizer, it just has a cup on it the pin sits in. I don’t think the pin bottoms out in the cup because of the additional capture plate add on. But the stabilizer then pushes up against the capture plate around the pin and stabilizes the rig. If you don’t want the stabilizer to push on the plate and you want the pin to bottom out you will have to put a spacer in the bottom of the stabilizer cup.
__________________
2020 Eagle HT 30.5 CKTS, MORryde Pin Box, Zamp Solar, Xantrex Inverter (16” wheel upgrade, springs on lower shackle hole)
F-250 4X4 Supercab w/SB, 6.2L,Camper Package, Factory 5th Wheel Hitch, Demco 18K Autoslider

Gone Fishing!
Nathan S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 07:06 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Phil2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Moncton
Posts: 108
Smile

Click image for larger version

Name:	3365_underside.png
Views:	6
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	54639
Here's what is happening. Where you tighten the screw against the pin to hold the plate in place there is no place for the cup of the stabilizer to go around the pin evenly. it will end up on the lock screw on the backside. I have made a "spacer" that will fit around the pin and lock screw that will allow the cup of the stabilizer to sit flush. unfortunately will not be able to test till next spring when the trailer comes out of hibernation.
__________________
2015 Ford F150 FX4
2018 Eagle HT 27.5 RLTS
Phil2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 07:14 PM   #5
Member
 
topline89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Burnsville
Posts: 31
I have a 2020 Pinnacle 36SSWS, with the Pull Rite super glide, with the capture plate, I would just leave it on there, I bought the tripod stabilizer and tried it out, but didn't feel it helped much and decided to go with the JT Strong arms instead. I had no problem putting the tripod in under the plate. Once the capture plate is installed and fastened securely, I don't think you want to be undoing it every time you do your set up.
topline89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 08:04 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Nathan S.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Murrieta
Posts: 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil2008 View Post
Attachment 54639
Here's what is happening. Where you tighten the screw against the pin to hold the plate in place there is no place for the cup of the stabilizer to go around the pin evenly. it will end up on the lock screw on the backside. I have made a "spacer" that will fit around the pin and lock screw that will allow the cup of the stabilizer to sit flush. unfortunately will not be able to test till next spring when the trailer comes out of hibernation.
Interesting, my adapter plate attaches to the pin box in the horizontal plain front and back using the same bolt locations that attach the stock plate using longer bolts. There are no bolts on the hitch surface and the extending part that engages the slider is welded with clearance for the stabilizer cup. That being a universal plate, is there a specific plate for your pin box and pull rite? Might fix the issue if your spacer doesn’t work. But again just making an adaptor that your stabilizer engages has to be cheaper than a whole new specific plate. A piece of black pipe with a slot in it to “extend the pin” beyond that bolt so your stabilizer cup can get around it. You just need that upward pressure. I’m one that believes a pin box stabilizer only adds a little help and based on a discussion in a previous thread only on lite trailers with 4 point jacks. If and when I get energetic I decide to move my spare, then I’m going to the Strong Arms.
__________________
2020 Eagle HT 30.5 CKTS, MORryde Pin Box, Zamp Solar, Xantrex Inverter (16” wheel upgrade, springs on lower shackle hole)
F-250 4X4 Supercab w/SB, 6.2L,Camper Package, Factory 5th Wheel Hitch, Demco 18K Autoslider

Gone Fishing!
Nathan S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 08:37 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
AKRUEBBE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Preferred RV Resort, Pahrump, NV
Posts: 2,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan S. View Post
Interesting, my adapter plate attaches to the pin box in the horizontal plain front and back using the same bolt locations that attach the stock plate using longer bolts. There are no bolts on the hitch surface and the extending part that engages the slider is welded with clearance for the stabilizer cup. That being a universal plate, is there a specific plate for your pin box and pull rite? Might fix the issue if your spacer doesn’t work. But again just making an adaptor that your stabilizer engages has to be cheaper than a whole new specific plate. A piece of black pipe with a slot in it to “extend the pin” beyond that bolt so your stabilizer cup can get around it. You just need that upward pressure. I’m one that believes a pin box stabilizer only adds a little help and based on a discussion in a previous thread only on lite trailers with 4 point jacks. If and when I get energetic I decide to move my spare, then I’m going to the Strong Arms.
Yes, that's how it attaches to a Morryde pin box...........apparently Phil has a different pin box.
__________________
AL & JANET KRUEBBE
2019 PINNACLE 37RLWS
2018 NORTH POINT 315RLTS (TRADED)
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Jayco, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.