Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-10-2018, 04:59 PM   #1

Rear panel delam

I have been a member of this forum for many years but have not really taken part in recent years but an issue has come up and I don't think there is a better place to discuss this than here. I own a 2009 Eagle Superlite 25.5 RK and about 3 or 4 years ago I experienced delamination on the passenger side of the rear panel. The unit was off warrantee so I attempted a repair myself. I won't go into the details of the repair but as time goes on I am seeing MANY of the same era trailers with delam in the exact same place. All the way down the right side of the rear panel. Now my unit is starting to delam in the middle of that same panel. So my question is; is there anyone else on here having the same problem and is Jayco aware that many, many of these trailers are having this problem. Just thought I would inquire here.
Old 07-10-2018, 05:29 PM   #2

Send a message via Skype™ to ALJO
Since the RV mfg. industry went from vacuum bonding to roll/press bonding delamination is at an all time high. In the 80's and 90's and 8 years after the millennium they still used vacuum bonding in many RV plants. Vacuum bonding is a better process but more expensive for mfg's
You probably have seen many RV delamination's on the road on late models.
Seems sidewall stand up better than the front- and back walls.
My 2005 stands up very good, no delamination at all.
Pro Series 1200 lbs. WDH with Double Sway Bar.
Champion 3100/2800 watt Inverter/Generator-Onboard Solar Power
ALJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 05:16 AM   #3

Yes same problem passenger rear side, and now the right side on the back,I had some delamination on the passenger side slide, and driver side wall but it was under warranty and they replaced the walls at no cost.But now I noticed last summer when we got back from a trip that the passenger rear had a few bubbles in it, and right rear, now I'm just feed up with it.
Camperdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 10:52 AM   #4

Same issue started to show about 3 years ago. I thought it was perhaps a leak in the seal material used so I added caulking and the amount of delam seemed to stop its progress. I now have a spot on the drivers side near the top starting. I am also out of warranty and just hoping it wont lead to further problems. I have red that as long as the surface hasn’t cracked or opened up it is ok just unsightly.

2016 F350 PSD
2010 Jayco 30.5 RLS
Bearles is offline   Reply With Quote