Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-06-2022, 03:18 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadman_ks View Post
Thanks for this!!

I was FINALLY able to get my tablet off, BUT I really had to pull on it hard to get it off. It scared me when it came loose, LOL.

That was good advice on the cable. On ours, I was able to pull the cable out about 2', and then let dangle over the edge, and then closed the door on it, holding it there.

I'm currently charging the tablet with a an external high amp charger, but I don't really expect that to be successful. There is something else going on with these tablets...

UGH..

Thanks for you input!
I replaced ours with a 39 dollar tablet from Best Buy. Had to do some software finagling to get it to run the app and needed a micro usb to usb c adapter. The frame was a little too small so I had to modify it as well. Been working perfectly for 4 months. Just got tired of dealing with the old tablet issues. Good luck!
Jakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 06:32 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeman View Post
I replaced ours with a 39 dollar tablet from Best Buy. Had to do some software finagling to get it to run the app and needed a micro usb to usb c adapter. The frame was a little too small so I had to modify it as well. Been working perfectly for 4 months. Just got tired of dealing with the old tablet issues. Good luck!
Jakeman,

That's GREAT! I think that there will be others that would like some more details about your solution.

Could you provide a quick summary (doesn't need to be super involved) about the software issues that you had, and possibly which tablet it was that you used from BestBuy?

If that's not too much work, that would be great!

Thanks!
Old 12-07-2022, 12:59 PM   #23

Our BMPRO did the same thing last fall. I did everything I could think of to fix. I finally called BMPRO for a suggestion. After explaining the issue, they didn't even trouble shoot, they just sent me a new board. I was to keep the old board and send it back to them in the box the new one came in. I think I saw your unit is a 2021, so it is still under warranty. Worth a try.
CoraS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 03:14 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Learjet View Post
have you tried the reset button on the tablet while plugged in to the external charger?
There is no reset button. Even if there was, it wouldn't do anything since the problem is a dead battery combined with a weak charging system combined with a factory software modification that immediately starts a reboot upon seeing just enough voltage to turn itself on, but not enough to maintain the boot up sequence which is why you constantly see the boot screen appear and disappear.
cmikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 04:16 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoraS View Post
Our BMPRO did the same thing last fall. I did everything I could think of to fix. I finally called BMPRO for a suggestion. After explaining the issue, they didn't even trouble shoot, they just sent me a new board. I was to keep the old board and send it back to them in the box the new one came in. I think I saw your unit is a 2021, so it is still under warranty. Worth a try.
Not for sure what "board" you're referencing here, since there is a circuit board on the back of that bezel when you take the whole thing off.

That board is where the "hard" buttons that turn on / off lights, and allow you to operate slides when the tablet is non-functional. That part still works for us.

I think we've all been talking about the actual tablet part that is the part that is not working, and not the board.

I don't recall if the warranty on that stuff is 1 year or 2 years? If 2, we still have one left, in case the tablet craps out on us...
Old 12-07-2022, 05:52 PM   #26

Sorry, I’m referring to the tablet. The complete part you take off. It is warranted. We have a 2021 Pinnacle 321rst
CoraS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 07:15 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoraS View Post
Sorry, I’m referring to the tablet. The complete part you take off. It is warranted. We have a 2021 Pinnacle 321rst
Ah, thanks for the clarification.

It does make sense that they warranty that entire panel, once you get it off, which is a chore in and of itself.
cadman_ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2022, 08:46 PM   #28
CwD

I had a tablet problem that would go black and or have several error codes. had to disconnect the battery and wait a little to get it to reboot. it would error out in a sort time again and again. Batteries were full and on shore power. Also had an issue with the leveling jacks not working. After a few hours of trouble shooting, I traced the problem to a loose ground wire to the frame at the battery location. There were 3 or 4 wires there plus the battery cable on a self-tapping screw. Tightened up all was good.
An improvement that I made was adding a ground buss bar in the general area with a a ground wire to the frame that is bolted. The buss bar also allowed a ground wire from the hydraulic pump to go to vs. the frame, and a good ground to an added inverter.
I suggest checking your ground. Mine was in an electrical space in the front storage on the driver side behind the propane storage. Had to remove a wood panel to get access to this area. Trace the battery cables to it.

CwD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2022, 06:49 AM   #29

I had the same problem. On a FB Jayco site there was a fellow camper who told me to remove the tablet and replace the internal battery. He did his and it’s been working fine. The android table battery drains when RV left sitting not used. He sent me the battery specs off Amazon. I bought it $12.00 and plan to do it. The battery connection has to be soldered. I can’t do that but any electronic repair shop can. Will save about $600 for a new tablet. I read others just bought a cheap android tablet and connected that instead.
Vfoote3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2022, 06:55 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vfoote3 View Post
I had the same problem. On a FB Jayco site there was a fellow camper who told me to remove the tablet and replace the internal battery. He did his and it’s been working fine. The android table battery drains when RV left sitting not used. He sent me the battery specs off Amazon. I bought it $12.00 and plan to do it. The battery connection has to be soldered. I can’t do that but any electronic repair shop can. Will save about $600 for a new tablet. I read others just bought a cheap android tablet and connected that instead.
When you take it in, it would be slick if you could have that person take some pics of the inside of it, so that we could figure out what brand / model it is. Then we could just order that model.

I'm not going to take mine apart until it's fully dead...
Old 12-09-2022, 02:48 PM   #31

Quote:
Jakeman,

That's GREAT! I think that there will be others that would like some more details about your solution.

Could you provide a quick summary (doesn't need to be super involved) about the software issues that you had, and possibly which tablet it was that you used from BestBuy?

If that's not too much work, that would be great!

Thanks!
So here is what I did. Purchased an Amazon fire 7 at Best Buy. (on sale for 39 dollars that week) It is slightly wider than the original one from Jayco so you'll have to modify the back side of the frame to fit it in there. The bottom clips on the frame will still catch but the top will not so I put two screws in the sides of the frame to hold it in place. This leaves just enough room on the side at the top corner to touch the on, off, reset button on the tablet. Just don't drill the holes to high like I did or it will block access to the reset button. (see pics) If that sounds like too much for you then skip the rest of this post. Haha.

Step two: Google "how to turn an Amazon Fire 7 into a true android tablet". You'll find several YouTube videos showing how to download and install the fix. Must be done in the exact order they show for your tablet. You may want to check out the video first before even purchasing the tablet. Just sayin.

Step Three: Download playstore, Download JayCommand. Pair the bluetooth and test it out. Worked perfectly for us.

Step four: Get a micro USB to USB-C adapter so you can use the charging system in your rig. We have a 2020 Eagle. I included a close up but you can barely see the adapter the other pics

Hopefully this helps someone. I tried it as a last resort after all the other fixes.
Attached Thumbnails
20221209_152808.jpg   20221209_152910.jpg   20221209_152916.jpg  
Jakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2022, 07:48 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeman View Post
So here is what I did. Purchased an Amazon fire 7 at Best Buy. (on sale for 39 dollars that week) It is slightly wider than the original one from Jayco so you'll have to modify the back side of the frame to fit it in there. The bottom clips on the frame will still catch but the top will not so I put two screws in the sides of the frame to hold it in place. This leaves just enough room on the side at the top corner to touch the on, off, reset button on the tablet. Just don't drill the holes to high like I did or it will block access to the reset button. (see pics) If that sounds like too much for you then skip the rest of this post. Haha.

Step two: Google "how to turn an Amazon Fire 7 into a true android tablet". You'll find several YouTube videos showing how to download and install the fix. Must be done in the exact order they show for your tablet. You may want to check out the video first before even purchasing the tablet. Just sayin.

Step Three: Download playstore, Download JayCommand. Pair the bluetooth and test it out. Worked perfectly for us.

Step four: Get a micro USB to USB-C adapter so you can use the charging system in your rig. We have a 2020 Eagle. I included a close up but you can barely see the adapter the other pics

Hopefully this helps someone. I tried it as a last resort after all the other fixes.
THIS IS PERFECT!!

Thank you for your input AND pics about your solution. When I was thinking that my tablet was going to be dead, the Fire was one of the devices that I suspected was about the right size.

This information will definitely be helpful to others in the future!!
Old 12-10-2022, 11:53 AM   #33

I have pics the fellow camper sent me. I’ll look for them and send.
Old 12-10-2022, 02:19 PM   #34

Quote:
I have pics the fellow camper sent me. I’ll look for them and send.
That would be awesome!!
cadman_ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2022, 07:31 PM   #35

Bmpro tablet battery info

Attached is the fellow camper that gave me guidance on replacing the $12 andrid tablet battery. Check out his site. He had offered to solder my new tablet battery. Figure i won’t bother him and bring it to an electronics store instead.

Quote:
That would be awesome!!
Attached Thumbnails
71516ED9-6F8B-4E5F-B1C6-01B47F217847.jpg   2D4A3486-FFF8-4819-B745-1B98DB5F2A60.jpg   3406AAC0-5077-4587-81CA-BEEFDC06C7B6.jpg  
Old 12-11-2022, 08:41 AM   #36

Quote:
Attached is the fellow camper that gave me guidance on replacing the $12 andrid tablet battery. Check out his site. He had offered to solder my new tablet battery. Figure i won’t bother him and bring it to an electronics store instead.
I went to his website, and I couldn't see anything specific around the tablet, but he does have a lot of great information there, for sure.

Thanks again for contributing to this thread!
Old 12-11-2022, 08:55 AM   #37

I did some snooping around on Amazon, and I don't want to lose this information, in case my tablet does die, AND also to help others who might already have dead tablets, so I'm posting it here.

These are links to tablets that look like they might work in the BMPro bezel. PLEASE NOTE: I HAVE NOT VERIFIED THAT ANY OF THESE WILL OR WILL NOT WORK, SO PLEASE USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...YP1RDJO0&psc=1

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...QTBUNFAJE&th=1 (this one has the charging port in a completely different location, so could be problematic)

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...MZFZ0L6H5&th=1 (this is about the closest one that I've seen, BUT it is only running Android 6, and I'm sure that would be problematic)

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...G1VML6PA2&th=1

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...SUSY3Q17P&th=1

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...5XZXKM5U&psc=1 (hard to tell where the charging port is on this one, but this looks like it is very close to the same size)

Also, I found some information that pointed to the fact that the BMPro tablet has a Mediatek MT8167A chip in it. I thought that might be a good thing to search on, but most of the tablets do not list what chip set they use. That doesn't mean that another chipset will not work, BUT, I was hoping that it would be possible to find a tablet that was the using the chipset, and the same size, and ultimately find a drop-in replacement.

There's no doubt that BMPro is using an existing model made by someone in China. It is not their own custom hardware. We just need to find that "model" that they are using.
Old 12-11-2022, 09:17 AM   #38

If anyone actually has theirs out of the frame can you measure it to get exact dimensions? That would be the best way to then search for a replacement. Would need length, width and thickness (as close as possible).
Old 12-11-2022, 09:55 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC_AZ View Post
If anyone actually has theirs out of the frame can you measure it to get exact dimensions? That would be the best way to then search for a replacement. Would need length, width and thickness (as close as possible).
Thank you for that reminder!! I still have mine out of the frame, and was going to do that the other day, and then I forgot.

The overall size is 7.375" x 4.25" x .375". The overall screen size from corner to corner is 6.875", so pretty close to 7".

However, one of the issues that I ran into when I was researching them on Amazon, is that the sizes listed in listings are typically NOT correct. Often times they are the size of the BOX that you get, and not the actual size of the tablet. Some of the listings will show the dimensions in the pictures, and that's helpful, but most of them do not.
Old 12-11-2022, 10:36 AM   #40

Quote:
I did some snooping around on Amazon, and I don't want to lose this information, in case my tablet does die, AND also to help others who might already have dead tablets, so I'm posting it here.

These are links to tablets that look like they might work in the BMPro bezel. PLEASE NOTE: I HAVE NOT VERIFIED THAT ANY OF THESE WILL OR WILL NOT WORK, SO PLEASE USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...YP1RDJO0&psc=1

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...QTBUNFAJE&th=1 (this one has the charging port in a completely different location, so could be problematic)

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...MZFZ0L6H5&th=1 (this is about the closest one that I've seen, BUT it is only running Android 6, and I'm sure that would be problematic)

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...G1VML6PA2&th=1

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...SUSY3Q17P&th=1

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...5XZXKM5U&psc=1 (hard to tell where the charging port is on this one, but this looks like it is very close to the same size)

Also, I found some information that pointed to the fact that the BMPro tablet has a Mediatek MT8167A chip in it. I thought that might be a good thing to search on, but most of the tablets do not list what chip set they use. That doesn't mean that another chipset will not work, BUT, I was hoping that it would be possible to find a tablet that was the using the chipset, and the same size, and ultimately find a drop-in replacement.

There's no doubt that BMPro is using an existing model made by someone in China. It is not their own custom hardware. We just need to find that "model" that they are using.
This is actually a little bit SMALLER unit, which should fit with no issues, but you would have to change to USB-C for the power adapter, and it is a little bit more expensive tablet:

https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/p/table...oogle.com%252F