Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-25-2020, 11:39 PM   #121

It's a cowboy cadillac lol. Got more bells and whistles than I wanted but I took the wife truck shopping this time. Will post up when my hitch gets here.
Pullrite Superglide.
Mikayles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 07:50 AM   #122

Lol, okay please do, I can’t wait I would love to see it.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 05:32 PM   #123

MORryde & Andersen Ultimate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big1 View Post
My question is do they recommend the Anderson Ultimate hitch on a MorRide kingpin or do anybody have one that have the MorRide kingpin? I have been hearing good reviews so I was thinking that maybe, just maybe this will work so what you guys think?
Our 2018 Jayco Eagle 28.5 RSTS HT (10,130 GVWR) has a MORryde kingpin rated at 18,000LBS that mates with an Andersen Ultimate 5th wheel hitch. The Andersen is rated at 24,000LBS GVWR / 4,500LBS tongue weight. Maxed out, we're only looking at about 50% rated tongue weight and we'll run out of payload before we run out of capacity on this setup. We've been very happy with this setup. The bonus is the Anderson is only about 40#, so you can take in/out easy! I wouldn't trade it for anything!

Good Luck
Old 05-26-2020, 05:42 PM   #124

Gooseneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pope View Post
I was thinking of converting over to the 'gooseneck' hitch. I also show horses and my other trailers are gooseneck. Any known issues with that conversion on a RV? It also gives you more room in the truck bed.
We use an Andersen Ultimate Hitch with our MORryde kingpin. The truck has a B&W turnover ball for gooseneck. After this configuration, I'm envisioning a gooseneck "extension" from the kingpin to the ball. I understand there are kingpin adapters that allow this type of extension (like a horse trailer), but I've read it can cause undue stress on the 5th wheel frame. I suppose if I was looking for that type of connection, I would check with the manufacturer to see if they offered it from the factory or if it voids the warranty. I've seen a few nasty torqued out trailer pics. Do your research.

Good Luck!
Old 05-27-2020, 01:44 AM   #125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packerbacker_TX View Post
Our 2018 Jayco Eagle 28.5 RSTS HT (10,130 GVWR) has a MORryde kingpin rated at 18,000LBS that mates with an Andersen Ultimate 5th wheel hitch. The Andersen is rated at 24,000LBS GVWR / 4,500LBS tongue weight. Maxed out, we're only looking at about 50% rated tongue weight and we'll run out of payload before we run out of capacity on this setup. We've been very happy with this setup. The bonus is the Anderson is only about 40#, so you can take in/out easy! I wouldn't trade it for anything!

Good Luck

Awesome, yeah a lot of people that are running AUH love them, be safe out there.
Old 05-29-2020, 05:02 PM   #126

My hitch is late....got a message it may have been damaged in transit. Lot of time to think about this so I called Moryde and had a good conversation with them about Superlite and the AUH setup.. They want their kit #RPB 77-006 installed because it adds additional support on the load bearing rods and the rubber snubber that are supporting much of the load. The kit has additional nylon blocks that the rods run thru so they are not taking all the load because of the additional 2" added forward/rearward of the central hitch pin location. The bottom plate is also thicker to add additional support. It DOES NOT lock up the benefits of the Moryde hitch I was told ...but I cant see how it couldn't impact its performance somewhat. I included Big1's pic of his install...hope this is ok Big1...as it is a good shot of the way the ball adapter has moved the load away from the centralized hitch pin location forward a couple of inches. Not using this kit can shorten the life of the rubber snubber and possibly damage your pinbox. There are many testmony's here of miles traveled with no incidents without this addition on the Moryde pinbox and the AUH or Superlite hitch....just wanted to post this to sort out some confusion about either needing it or not according to Moryde.
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN3364.JPG  
Pullrite Superglide.
Old 05-29-2020, 10:38 PM   #127

Yeah, no problem when I call Pullrite they told me it will work so it will be interesting to see what they say and if I have to install the added hardware I can do that let me know what they say.
Old 05-30-2020, 08:57 PM   #128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikayles View Post
My hitch is late....got a message it may have been damaged in transit. Lot of time to think about this so I called Moryde and had a good conversation with them about Superlite and the AUH setup.. They want their kit #RPB 77-006 installed because it adds additional support on the load bearing rods and the rubber snubber that are supporting much of the load. The kit has additional nylon blocks that the rods run thru so they are not taking all the load because of the additional 2" added forward/rearward of the central hitch pin location. The bottom plate is also thicker to add additional support. It DOES NOT lock up the benefits of the Moryde hitch I was told ...but I cant see how it couldn't impact its performance somewhat. I included Big1's pic of his install...hope this is ok Big1...as it is a good shot of the way the ball adapter has moved the load away from the centralized hitch pin location forward a couple of inches. Not using this kit can shorten the life of the rubber snubber and possibly damage your pinbox. There are many testmony's here of miles traveled with no incidents without this addition on the Moryde pinbox and the AUH or Superlite hitch....just wanted to post this to sort out some confusion about either needing it or not according to Moryde.

That kit goes on something like this in the pic here that might be
a little different. https://www.amazon.com/MOR-ryde-RPB7.../dp/B007XY9YGC
Old 05-30-2020, 10:30 PM   #129

Yep Big1...I should have checked the part #out before I posted that up. I'm starting to wonder if the folks you talk to at the manufactures really know what they are talking about. I specifically told him the pullrite superlite and he acknowledged that hitch but the pic you are showing isnt anything like it but is a gooseneck extension. This is confusing to say the least.
Pullrite Superglide.
Old 05-30-2020, 10:54 PM   #130

I totally agree the couple of times that I use mines was perfect I love it and compare to the B&W I had is like night and day as far as weight. I can take it out and put it in all day and that's is what I wanted but right now I don't have a need to remove it out of my bed but if I need to I can.
Old 05-31-2020, 06:55 AM   #131

Quote:
I totally agree the couple of times that I use mines was perfect I love it and compare to the B&W I had is like night and day as far as weight. I can take it out and put it in all day and that's is what I wanted but right now I don't have a need to remove it out of my bed but if I need to I can.
Big1 I have no adapter plate and have been pulling for 12 months with no issues. The dealership installed the hitch and said nothing else is required or needed. Pullrite told me the same thing and guarantees it.
rkymntsno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 12:04 PM   #132

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkymntsno View Post
Big1 I have no adapter plate and have been pulling for 12 months with no issues. The dealership installed the hitch and said nothing else is required or needed. Pullrite told me the same thing and guarantees it.
Thank you sir, and this is what I gather so do you still like it?
Old 05-31-2020, 01:19 PM   #133

Quote:
Thank you sir, and this is what I gather so do you still like it?
Yes, I love the Pullrite Superlite. I have no reason to even consider a bulky, heavy fifth wheel hitch. If it wasn't the Pullrite, it would be the Anderson Ultimate, either one. But so happy with the Pullrite Superlite. So easy to hitch and unhitch, and know it's locked in when it's hitched.
rkymntsno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 03:23 PM   #134

I'm kinda out of my lane here, but has anyone looked at Blue Ox Superlite 5th Wheel hitches? They have an adapter plate that hooks to the gooseneck ball or directly to the bed and are modular. 3 pieces that come apart, weigh 180-210 lbs total. I looked at them when I was thinking of buying a 5er.

Ron
Wyldink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 06:36 PM   #135

No, I don't think that I seen one or I just don't remember I have to check it out and no sir you're not out of line.
Old 05-31-2020, 08:59 PM   #136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyldink View Post
I'm kinda out of my lane here, but has anyone looked at Blue Ox Superlite 5th Wheel hitches? They have an adapter plate that hooks to the gooseneck ball or directly to the bed and are modular. 3 pieces that come apart, weigh 180-210 lbs total. I looked at them when I was thinking of buying a 5er.

Ron
That's a pretty cool setup. Never heard of em.
Pullrite Superglide.
Old 05-31-2020, 10:17 PM   #137

Yeah, that is nice they starting to make some good lightweight hitches.
Old 06-06-2020, 09:35 AM   #138

Thanks for all the great information. Does anyone have experience with the F350 Ford hitch prep system? We currently pull our 2017 Pinnacle 36FBTS with a Pull Rite 18K slider I like having the peace of mind the cap wil not bust out my truck window when going 90 degrees or more(which we have had to do periodically). I love the hitch but do not like how much it weighs. I always have to ask for help removing when I need the bed. I like the look and weight of the Anderson Ultimate but it does not slide. We are looking at the 2020 F350 short bed. Will I have an issue with the hitch not being a slider? Thanks in advance.
kliney1016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 09:39 AM   #139

Quote:
Originally Posted by kliney1016 View Post
Thanks for all the great information. Does anyone have experience with the F350 Ford hitch prep system? We currently pull our 2017 Pinnacle 36FBTS with a Pull Rite 18K slider I like having the peace of mind the cap wil not bust out my truck window when going 90 degrees or more(which we have had to do periodically). I love the hitch but do not like how much it weighs. I always have to ask for help removing when I need the bed. I like the look and weight of the Anderson Ultimate but it does not slide. We are looking at the 2020 F350 short bed. Will I have an issue with the hitch not being a slider? Thanks in advance.
My dealer added the hitch prep to my 2017 shortened. I use an Andersen pulling my Eagle HT without issue. The Andersen is installed with the cone facing forward.
madmaxmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 09:41 AM   #140

Stupid spell check....
madmaxmutt is offline   Reply With Quote