Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-06-2020, 09:40 AM   #21

2018 317 RLOK with Coleman unit

Unfortunately the repair person is not available so we have to tough it out.

John
ninjaz911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 09:53 AM   #22

Our thermostats are Coleman and they have a fuse. I discovered this after hooking up my battery backwards (don't do that). Fuses in both thermostats were open and they were different sized (one is a AC/Furnace control and the other AC only).
Easy to check, pull the thermo cover off and it's right there.
Good luck!

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 10:37 AM   #23

Well you got time and its hot but check the fuse in the thermostat. It will be a very small fuse. Circuit board may have a label next to it. Pull fuse out carefully try not to short out the other contacts and use ohm setting on your multimeter. Choose the lowest scale. Should read zero across the ends of fuse. If its the fuse its a quicker fix for you.
Assuming you have the ducted like mine with no inside chill grille panel to access the bottom side of A/C. If its not the thermostat fuse you have to do the rest from up on the roof and tear the cowling off and then an access panel or lift A/C out to get down to the control board. Not a fun job up there.

RoadrunnerII

TV 2016 F250 Crew Sterling Gray SB 6.7 PS airlift ultimate Air bags
2017 Eagle 321RSTS
Pullrite autoslider
RoadrunnerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 12:55 PM   #24

Same thing happen to me on A/C. Jayco forum help me to find that one pole on the 50 amp outlet on pedestal was out. Thanks to a dirt dobber nest behind breaker. Electrician replaced 50 amp breaker and all works well.
ripples2ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 01:01 PM   #25

We had that issue and checked everything suggested on forum. Finally found a burned wire inside trailer behind the breaker box I think. It was maddening, but finally got it up and running.
Old 07-11-2020, 01:05 PM   #26

On the inside of the trailer pull the cover off the A/c and check all the wires Are the all wires attached and secured if so pull off and reattach. This was my problem with my last 2 units. Loose connection or ground.
Also check you fuse box and inverter
txauditr-ret. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 02:39 PM   #27
MJD

I had a loose wire in my thermostat last year and the A/C would not turn on.
Old 07-11-2020, 04:03 PM   #28

Loose wire?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjaz911 View Post
Set up this weekend during the hottest week of the year and NO air conditioning. Worked fine last weekend. Did all the usual checks such as breaker, fuses and thermostat. Even tried a new run capacitor. No luck. Is there something I am missing. Also checked voltage at my thirty amp service. Was good. Any help would be appreciated.
Jayco doesn’t do a quality job on any connections. If you are not getting power to the unit (the fan doesn’t come on either), it possible the crimp that holds the power wire in place may need to be re-crimped. If it’s not snug, the heat created by the current can cause the crimp to open which breaks the circuit. Use some care (and some force) when you re-crimp the wire.

I have a 2014 Greyhawk and ive had to Make that repair, as well as bending every pin in the refrigerator control unit so it would make contact with the plug. I’ve had to tighten every steel band used in the water system - all caused by careless and qualityless installation. Why use a $1 part when you can find one for $0.97. #lastjayco
andruscp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 04:45 PM   #29

They have step by step videos on YouTube. You changed the capacitor remember capacitors are charged and if touched can knock you on your butt or kill you if your old like many of us. Always discharge a capacitor before working in that area
Bill Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 05:01 PM   #30

I’m guessing 15 amp fuse

If you have power all over and your thermostat is dark, then it may be a 15 amp blade fuse. If you have a newer model RV, then there will be a little red led lit up next to the bad fuse. This happened to me yesterday. Good luck.
Pmeyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 10:02 AM   #31

Curious if you found the solution. I have the same model 5er and hope to know what to look for if it should happen down the bumpy road.
dcdutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 06:47 PM   #32

Just love how we never learn the outcome after receiving so much help from everyone...
Florida 007 is offline   Reply With Quote