Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-22-2020, 04:48 PM   #1

Setting Up 5th Wheel

Anyone know the height of The pin plate to ground and the over hang above the pin plate to ground of a JaycoHt25.5REOK with 16" tire up grade. I am looking to buy this trailer and I want to set the height on my fifth wheel.
Traverler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 06:28 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traverler View Post
Anyone know the height of The pin plate to ground and the over hang above the pin plate to ground of a JaycoHt25.5REOK with 16" tire up grade. I am looking to buy this trailer and I want to set the height on my fifth wheel.
Set it high and you will will be good and can adjust it after. Or adjust it during your self pdi/taking delivery.

Breezewood, PA?

Earl
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 06:54 PM   #3

Traveral

Thanks Earl I was in hope of getting a little closer first time around. Because we are making a long trip to pick this thing up. Thanks again
Old 02-22-2020, 11:24 PM   #4

Congrats and welcome to the forum.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 06:41 AM   #5

Is this a new unit 2019 or 2020? With the 16" wheel upgrade you have to look carefully to be sure the suspension (spring shackles at front and rear) bolts are located in the bottom hole of the 2-hole brackets. This is crucial for wheel well/tire clearance, but also raises the trailer slightly to increase bed clearance on your tow vehicle. To give you accurate measurement guidelines, it would also depend on the specific pin-box you have on that unit.
It also depends on what truck you tow with, some models have higher bed-rail heights than others. You will need to pay attention to the bed-rail clearance. I have a 2020 HT 30.5 CKTS and tow with a 2019 F-250. I had to move the suspension to the lower holes to raise the trailer so it rides level and has enough bed-rail clearance. The pin-box itself is adjustable, so you will need to know what setting it has.
On my HT, the standard Lippert pin-box was about 11" lower than the underside of the overhang. If you want at least 5" of bedrail clearance, that means you want your hitch plate set at about 6" lower than your bed-rails.
According to Jayco's spec for the HT with 16" wheels the pin-box height is 50 3/4" but I did not find this to be accurate.
I would highly recommend you try to get the specific measurements of the unit you are purchasing.
2020 Eagle HT 30.5 CKTS Modern Farmhouse (16" wheels, spring shackles set on lower hole of frame, SumoSprings TSS-107-40, standard kingpin, B&W Companion slider, TST-507 TPMS, Progressive Industries hardwired 50A EMS HW-50C)
2019 F250 SRW SuperCab 4X4 SB 6.2 (10,000# GVW) 3.73 Axle 18" wheels
Nature Ist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 06:50 AM   #6

You can also find the Jayco specifications for 2019 and 2020 models by getting the "Jayco Sales Tool Kit" app for smartphones. It has the specs for almost all dimensions of the entire model line of Jayco units.
2020 Eagle HT 30.5 CKTS Modern Farmhouse (16" wheels, spring shackles set on lower hole of frame, SumoSprings TSS-107-40, standard kingpin, B&W Companion slider, TST-507 TPMS, Progressive Industries hardwired 50A EMS HW-50C)
2019 F250 SRW SuperCab 4X4 SB 6.2 (10,000# GVW) 3.73 Axle 18" wheels
Nature Ist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 07:09 PM   #7

I want to thank everyone and I will try and get some true measurements from trailer. Thanks to all. Soon to have a new 2020 Chev. 2500Hd 6.6 gas. Should be in soon. Then going to pick up my new Jayco HT 25.5REOK
Old 02-23-2020, 09:39 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traverler View Post
I want to thank everyone and I will try and get some true measurements from trailer. Thanks to all. Soon to have a new 2020 Chev. 2500Hd 6.6 gas. Should be in soon. Then going to pick up my new Jayco HT 25.5REOK
Can I ask which hitch you are going to use?

CURT FACTORY ball with the Andersen hitch
Ringneks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 09:44 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature Ist View Post
You can also find the Jayco specifications for 2019 and 2020 models by getting the "Jayco Sales Tool Kit" app for smartphones. It has the specs for almost all dimensions of the entire model line of Jayco units.
Thanks for mentioning that app.........I didn't know it existed. Really gives a lot of specs that you can't find anywhere else.
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 01:31 PM   #10

Ringneks The new 2020Chev. 2500Hd has a standard bed with a OEM Puck system. I am using the B&W BWRVK3710 fixed hitch because the new Jayco HT 25.5REOK has a MORryde (Orbital Rotating Rubber Pin Box) aand to make this work you must use a wedge behind the Pin so the pivot point is at the pin box and not the hitch. The Reese SWW-06 (5th Airborne Custom Wedge) works with the hitch and pin box. Thanks Denny
Old 01-15-2023, 11:37 AM   #11

Many thanks!!

I know treads a little old, BUT!! Totally found the pin box height too on the app!! Same situation, I don't have the unit yet and traveling aways to buy it. I want to set up and ready to roll after the long day of this and that..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature Ist View Post
Is this a new unit 2019 or 2020? With the 16" wheel upgrade you have to look carefully to be sure the suspension (spring shackles at front and rear) bolts are located in the bottom hole of the 2-hole brackets. This is crucial for wheel well/tire clearance, but also raises the trailer slightly to increase bed clearance on your tow vehicle. To give you accurate measurement guidelines, it would also depend on the specific pin-box you have on that unit.
It also depends on what truck you tow with, some models have higher bed-rail heights than others. You will need to pay attention to the bed-rail clearance. I have a 2020 HT 30.5 CKTS and tow with a 2019 F-250. I had to move the suspension to the lower holes to raise the trailer so it rides level and has enough bed-rail clearance. The pin-box itself is adjustable, so you will need to know what setting it has.
On my HT, the standard Lippert pin-box was about 11" lower than the underside of the overhang. If you want at least 5" of bedrail clearance, that means you want your hitch plate set at about 6" lower than your bed-rails.
According to Jayco's spec for the HT with 16" wheels the pin-box height is 50 3/4" but I did not find this to be accurate.
I would highly recommend you try to get the specific measurements of the unit you are purchasing.
JDsRVcrzy is offline   Reply With Quote