Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-13-2020, 04:50 PM   #21

I have the same crack on mine. It is now 3 months out of warranty. How involved is the fix. We full time in the rv and would hate to be out of it for a month or more.
Jorddarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 06:07 PM   #22

I have the trail saver and still got the crack. The fix is put a relief cut in the side panel and cover with trim.
Jeffur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 06:16 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffur View Post
The fix is put a relief cut in the side panel and cover with trim.
The Factory fix is cut the Filon above and below the slide, remove, reinforce the aluminum frame, replace the Filon, do the necessary fiberglass repair and send to the paint shop. Usually takes about 2 weeks start to finish.

Been there done that..
Old 01-13-2020, 06:46 PM   #24

Shoot..2 weeks is a long time.
Jorddarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 06:48 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorddarb View Post
Shoot..2 weeks is a long time.
When we had our's done getting it into the paint shop was the issue since they had a backlog. Hopefully someone else who has gone to the factory will chime in.
Old 01-13-2020, 07:00 PM   #26

This thread in this channel has a lot of info.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...tup-63985.html
Mine was in twice, once in October 2019 and then again Dec 2019. They have a new engineering approach that was applied to mine that is supposed to be used on future production models.

It's roughly 2 - 2 1/2 weeks at the factory. They will pick it up and bring it back.
2018 North Point 377RLBH, Roadmaster Comfort Ride, Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension, Flexair 21k Pinbox, Victron MultiPlus II 2x120v 12v, power distribution, solar controller, smart shunt, 1000w of solar panels, 4 Lifepo4 200ah batteries
2017 Ford F350 Lariat CC DRW LB 6.7, Air Lift 7500XL with Air Lift dual channel wireless
bill3kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 02:20 PM   #27

Factory fix

Our crack was fixed by the factory. Our rig was at the factory for 4-5 weeks for repairs. We needed several other repairs done at that time so not specific to just the crack. The crack fix from them also included new bracing installed to prevent it from coming back. There is no relief cut needed with their fix...we hope. Although it took a few months to get into the factory, the work done was exceptional. Our contact Michelle was in contact with us during the process and always available. We came over from a Forest River product and had to call every day for 3 months before we were able to actually get through to someone after leaving return messages and e-mails. Quality control for the whole RV industry is lacking. Another issue we have is we have a Jayco dealership 5 miles from our home where we purchased 4 trailers from over the last 39 years. This unit we purchased from a friend out of town. While they don't flat out refuse to fix our unit, any attempt at an appointment is pushed off for at least 6 months because we did not buy it from them.
wersqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 03:21 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by wersqu View Post
Our crack was fixed by the factory. Our rig was at the factory for 4-5 weeks for repairs. We needed several other repairs done at that time so not specific to just the crack. The crack fix from them also included new bracing installed to prevent it from coming back. There is no relief cut needed with their fix...we hope. Although it took a few months to get into the factory, the work done was exceptional. Our contact Michelle was in contact with us during the process and always available. We came over from a Forest River product and had to call every day for 3 months before we were able to actually get through to someone after leaving return messages and e-mails. Quality control for the whole RV industry is lacking. Another issue we have is we have a Jayco dealership 5 miles from our home where we purchased 4 trailers from over the last 39 years. This unit we purchased from a friend out of town. While they don't flat out refuse to fix our unit, any attempt at an appointment is pushed off for at least 6 months because we did not buy it from them.

Was your friend a dealer or private party? If private party did they still fix it under warranty or did you pay out of pocket?
Andersen Ultimate w/Andersen Bed Shaft
SeventyGTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 02:05 PM   #29

Our family friend is employed by RV 1 and works out of the Buffalo NY location.
wersqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 02:36 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
The Factory fix is cut the Filon above and below the slide, remove, reinforce the aluminum frame, replace the Filon, do the necessary fiberglass repair and send to the paint shop. Usually takes about 2 weeks start to finish.
That's what they did with ours. Took 3 months and most of that was waiting on Jayco to approve the repair. I guess there was some disagreement on how many hours it would take. Luckily there was a Jayco rep there when I dropped it off.

If you wanna make an omelet you gotta break some eggs.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_99181.jpg  
G-Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 02:13 PM   #31

We have the same problem on our 2017 North Point 381DLQS, same area. We are currently a few months out of warranty and Jayco denied the claim. Not sure how this is going to end up. Any suggestions?
Navy guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 03:34 AM   #32

We were six weeks out of warranty when our crack was noticed. Our Dealer presented the problem to Jayco and it was approved for repair by the Dealer (with specific instructions on how to repair from Jayco) they had unit for about a month but it was repaired under warranty. I would press the issue with your Dealer to get Jayco to cover this as it is a well known by problem Jayco is aware of!
FireBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 06:31 AM   #33

Our 2018 NP was repaired twice for the crack at Jayco's center in Indiana. Once in October 2019 and again December 2019. We elected to drop it off in October and after we picked it up, it cracked less than 400 miles after we left. In December Jayco picked it up, made the repairs and returned it.

We just settled down after a 3000 miles trip and no crack. We were on rough roads in parts of OK, NM and CO. A few in UT as well. I hope we don't have to deal with it again. But the repair they made looks like new and you wouldn't know it was ever done.

Only difference this time is we added a Flexair 21k pinbox after much debate between it and a air hitch. Don't know if that made the difference, or the last repair technique and really don't care if it never returns The ride is much better with the Flexair anyway.
2018 North Point 377RLBH, Roadmaster Comfort Ride, Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension, Flexair 21k Pinbox, Victron MultiPlus II 2x120v 12v, power distribution, solar controller, smart shunt, 1000w of solar panels, 4 Lifepo4 200ah batteries
2017 Ford F350 Lariat CC DRW LB 6.7, Air Lift 7500XL with Air Lift dual channel wireless
bill3kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 08:56 AM   #34
R&D

We have a 2017 Jayco Eagle HT model 27.5 RLTS with a crack on the frontside of the bedroom slide. Knowing our warranty has expired, I asked Jayco for support on fixing this know issue, their response was as follows: “I have touched base with management again regarding your concern and was advised that due to the issue both not being noted within the warranty period and being almost 2 years beyond the warranty expiration that Jayco respectfully declines participation.” Signed by the Warranty Advisor.

Ironically this follows another issue we had with the unit. We just got it back from a repair facility after having the walls reattached to the frame, per their recommendations. This particular know issue was caused by the use of sheet metal screws instead of the use of more robust “structural” screws put in during manufacturing to secure the sidewalls to the frame. Excerpts from two different customer service emails with two similar answers: “There is actually a known fix for this issue. The screws originally put into your gooseneck to hold the trim on were deemed too short. The fix is to replace with longer screws to better hold that piece to your unit” and “Run 4 inch-6 inch self tapping grade 8 screws into the existing pilot holes and add additional holes in the steel lip between the existing holes and into the frame” The complete failure of these sheet metal screws allowed the side walls to float above the frame. This excessive flex would cause a gap of 1/2” to 3/4” between the sidewalls and the lower trim piece just by putting weight on and off the pin box.

In both cases since the one-year structural warranty had expired, the repair cost was our responsibility. I’m glad to see at least some of you are receiving help.

Question: I have seen where they have recommended putting what is basically an expansion or slip-joint in under the forward side of the bedroom slide out (great picture posted by Kahoneys on 01-16-2019), has anyone else had this done and have you had any issues with this solution? I don’t know what type of trim piece was used in the third picture… could anyone identify what it is? If anyone knows were to get it that would also be helpful.
R&D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 10:44 AM   #35

Reading all this makes me want to put a For Sale sign on ours.
Andersen Ultimate w/Andersen Bed Shaft
SeventyGTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 10:56 AM   #36

They need to add an expansion joint to the front slide corners just like the other manufactures have done. Look at any of the others and you will see it. They think there frames do not flex. Well we know that's not true.
2017 Ram 3500, Big Horn, 6.7, Crew, Long, DRW, Aisin, 4:10. Full timer in a Pinnacle
eagleback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 12:30 PM   #37

I was camping next to a 2017 Keystone fuzion that had the relief cut and he still had a crack running out on a angle. I think its just to much flexing.
2020 F-450 Lariat 6.7l CCLB DRW
rkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 04:53 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkelly View Post
I was camping next to a 2017 Keystone fuzion that had the relief cut and he still had a crack running out on a angle. I think its just to much flexing.

The toy haulers are in a category of their own. We had one and the weights are just crazy heavy.
2017 Ram 3500, Big Horn, 6.7, Crew, Long, DRW, Aisin, 4:10. Full timer in a Pinnacle
eagleback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 10:20 AM   #39

On my last FW that was an Open Range, I had a side wall crack and they approved the dealer to add a relief joint. Did not have another issue with it after that. Jayco should add the relief joint to all FW.
RipinSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 06:49 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahoneys View Post
1st 2 pics are my crack (don't worry it is the crack on our 377 and not really mine) and the 3rd pic is what our local dealer did to remedy the crack, and Jayco told them to do it this way. We were 1 year out of warranty and they didn't even question it they just said we will cover it. They KNOW that it is very common on their units!
I just discovered a crack in mine identical to yours. Looks like I have to start the warranty process. Have you had any other major issues with your unit?
EricGlamper is offline   Reply With Quote