Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-24-2021, 04:43 PM   #1

Tank heater on Pinnacle 38FLWS

While fantasizing about the upcoming season's adventures I was playing with the buttons and gadgets on our new Pinnacle 38FLWS. I noticed on the switch control panel that the button for "tank Heater" was a dummy button. This implies to me that I do not have a tank heater option. Several questions: If you do not have the tank heater option, is the control or power wiring there for a tank heater? If so, what tanks does pertain to? If I do not have the electric tank heaters, is the underbelly heated by the furnace? How hard and expensive is it to add tank heaters and how cold does it have to be to need a tank heater? Many thanks
CraigBU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 04:58 PM   #2

Tank heater refers to the 12v heating pads that are taped to the bottom of your septic tanks and fresh water to prevent them from freezing. It’s an option
Jeffur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 09:54 AM   #3

Your furnace supplies heat to the under belly of rv
billcf7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 06:47 PM   #4

It’s part of the winter climate package. Your furnac alone ( as it cycles on and off) is not enough to keep things from freezing
Jeffur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 07:30 PM   #5

Is the tank heater something that can easily be retrofitted? What is the power draw of a typical tank heater? Is the wiring from the switch panel down to the heater installed at the factory even if the winter package option is not selected?
CraigBU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 09:00 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffur View Post
It’s part of the winter climate package. Your furnac alone ( as it cycles on and off) is not enough to keep things from freezing
If you have your temperature in the rv set to a comfortable temperature your tanks will not go below freezing
billcf7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 12:16 PM   #7

We just purchased a 2020 37dqs and it's suppose to have tank heater pads, but I can't find a button anywhere in the bathroom, and there's nothing on the Jaycommand system for tank heaters.

Can anyone confirm where the switch would be to turn them on? The manual is very vague on where it would be located.

Thanks
NoFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 12:36 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFly View Post
We just purchased a 2020 37dqs and it's suppose to have tank heater pads, but I can't find a button anywhere in the bathroom, and there's nothing on the Jaycommand system for tank heaters.

Can anyone confirm where the switch would be to turn them on? The manual is very vague on where it would be located.

Thanks
On the Jaycommand tablet or the App on your cell, go to the tanks page and it will be there bottom right and will say TANK HEATER
Old 12-19-2021, 12:54 PM   #9

Nope... Nothing there...I would have taken a pic of the screen but my phone won't take pics down to the 1200x1200 Max size.
Old 12-19-2021, 12:58 PM   #10

I would have thought the tank heaters would have been part of the climate package on the rig. Can't find anywhere on the spect sheet, that says tank heaters.... If anyone has their spect sheet that says tank heaters are on their rig, it would confirm their not on ours...
Old 12-19-2021, 01:03 PM   #11

This should be Jaycommand standard, as the App has this as well as the tablet which is the same thing. There should be 4 squares, one saying, " WATER PUMP", to its right "ELEC WTR HTR", below left "GAS WTR HTR, and to its right "TANK HTR". Below that you should see the tank gauges.
Old 12-19-2021, 01:22 PM   #12

And unless I am mistaken, the tank heaters are part of the extreme weather package, which is an option. It includes the tank heaters, holding and black water tanks, water lines wrapped and an interior switch. It was a $743 option on m ine.
Old 12-19-2021, 01:58 PM   #13

Rgr that Jetlag.... I'll contact Jayco rep to ask if this was installed...I don't see that package on the spec sheet..
Old 12-20-2021, 05:07 AM   #14

The "window sticker" that came with our unit shows the package added as an option.
Old 12-20-2021, 05:50 AM   #15

Thanks again Jet! I just found out last night our kitchen grey tank was not winterized so now the sani con pump and line are frozen solid. .. that would explain why I can't empty the kitchen tank... Hopefully the turbo heater can thaw it out enough to drain, and it didn't damage the massinator pump...
Old 12-23-2021, 06:45 PM   #16

It maybe for the Gerard Tanklless option that you don't have. I have the option and have a heater switch to turn the system on inside the main panel.
Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2021, 09:36 AM   #17

Hi Donna,

Yeah, we have a 10 gal tank (for now)... We had the Gerard in our other rig and I loved it.... I'll be getting one for our new home, in the next future.

I did ask Jayco directly; which they did confirm the "extreme winter" package was an option that was not installed on mine... So I ordered all the heater pads and pipe heaters and will install them myself....