Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-14-2021, 08:53 AM   #1

Trouble with JaycoCommand App

We cannot get the JaycoCommand App to update. We have tried multiple times to delete and reload the app....the app opens, but then says it must be updated and when you RETRY it, it will not update. We cannot auto level the back of our 5th wheel. Has anybody else ever had this problem? Our dealer does not even know how to fix this issue. SO we cannot level the camper....any ides helpful.
hoitens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 09:43 AM   #2

following. ty.

davolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 09:43 AM   #3

You'll need a WIFI connection. My camper is close enough to my house to use my home's WIFI. Notice at the bottom of the screen is a triangle, circle and square. Your JayCommand wall panel is a google tablet. click the circle to open 'Home' then drag your finger from the center bottom upward to display all the apps on the tablet. Find 'Settings' and connect your tablet to your WIFI, then look for the app called 'Google PlayStore' it looks like a sideways triangle. Log into Google and visit the playstore, search for BMPro, and when you find it there should be option to update it... there are other things you may want to install/update on your tablet too... I installed RVLife and 'Drive' and even 'Assistant' (so I can talk to my camper).
I've attached the most recent owner's manual. Maybe that can help too.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf JAYCOMMAND-powered-BMPRO.pdf (4.81 MB, 17 views)
PullRite #4452 OE Adapter & #2700 SuperGlide Hitch
Stan&Sharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 09:46 AM   #4

Oh, Welcome to Jayco Owner's Forum from New Hampshire.
PullRite #4452 OE Adapter & #2700 SuperGlide Hitch
Stan&Sharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 05:00 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan&Sharon View Post
You'll need a WIFI connection. My camper is close enough to my house to use my home's WIFI. Notice at the bottom of the screen is a triangle, circle and square. Your JayCommand wall panel is a google tablet. click the circle to open 'Home' then drag your finger from the center bottom upward to display all the apps on the tablet. Find 'Settings' and connect your tablet to your WIFI, then look for the app called 'Google PlayStore' it looks like a sideways triangle. Log into Google and visit the playstore, search for BMPro, and when you find it there should be option to update it... there are other things you may want to install/update on your tablet too... I installed RVLife and 'Drive' and even 'Assistant' (so I can talk to my camper).
I've attached the most recent owner's manual. Maybe that can help too.
X2 what they said
Old 10-15-2021, 07:46 AM   #6

Not sure what you meant about your rear leveling, but I did discover on mine a couple times that the auto level didn’t want to work. I manually used the controls to drop the rear jacks and level. I think what my problem was is that I would lower the fifth wheel after unhooking from the truck and then hit auto level. I was pretty close to level front to rear by doing that unnecessary step of lowering the nose. I think the system figured I was close enough and that is why it didn’t want to auto level. I now unhook from the truck and leave the nose sitting the way it came off of the truck. Hit auto level and it seems to work every time. I did have to reset what it thought was level to what actually was level for the coach from the factory. Easy to do by holding the auto level button while turning the system on and let it beep at you a half dozen times before lifting your finger off the auto level button. Of course you only do this after you have set the correct level of your coach.
Randyman69357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 08:05 AM   #7

Also I had the auto level not work once and learned in this site to look at the EQ panel in the wet bay to see if all the red "leg" lights were lit. If so, I was to hit retract all and after that it auto leveled fine.
Old 10-15-2021, 08:08 AM   #8

Good to know that trick too Jetlag, I’ll keep that info in my bag of tricks to keep this machine operating.
Randyman69357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 08:18 AM   #9

Thanks, someone here set me straight on it, had just gotten home from our first trip and going crazy lol. The entire panel was lit.it actually did it again with my bride in charge of the phone app. I showed her what to do, and voila, it was fixed.