Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-08-2022, 03:56 PM   #1
CBL

TV Cables on 351RLTS

I just bought an 2011 Eagle 351RLTS. The TV in the bedroom does not get a signal. The previous owner used a Satellite hookup and had that TV out when we purchased it. Were should a distribution box be located and/or where does that cable terminate? The only thing I see in the cabinet next to the fireplace is the Antenna Booster switch/led and an A/B coax outlet for a jumper. I'm guessing I'll have to dig into the area behind the fireplace but hoping for a simpler answer

Thanks.

2011 Jayco Eagle 351RLTS
CBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 10:03 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBL View Post
I just bought an 2011 Eagle 351RLTS. The TV in the bedroom does not get a signal. The previous owner used a Satellite hookup and had that TV out when we purchased it. Were should a distribution box be located and/or where does that cable terminate? The only thing I see in the cabinet next to the fireplace is the Antenna Booster switch/led and an A/B coax outlet for a jumper. I'm guessing I'll have to dig into the area behind the fireplace but hoping for a simpler answer

Thanks.
my bedroom TV only works when the LED is lit on the switch. The same for the outlet in the basement.
kirkelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 06:51 PM   #3

My guess is on the back of the amplifier/antenna booster there should a coax coming from the antenna and one from the cable connection. There is likely an output that goes to the TV near the amplifier and another output that goes to either a 3 way or 4 way splitter. That will be the source for the other TV's. Now the million dollar question you have is where is that splitter located. My guess is near the amplifier/antenna booster.

The antenna signal to theTV will work best if it is turned on. But if you connect to cable you will need to turn it off. It's magic when it works. Hope that helps.
Demco 18K Autoslide Hitch and Timbrens
2019 Ford F350 SB 6.7L Diesel (Gone)
Radar57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 05:16 AM   #4
CBL

Thanks for the replies. I guess I’ll have to squeeze myself into that cabinet and start removing panels to find it.

2011 Jayco Eagle 351RLTS
Old 01-13-2022, 07:10 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBL View Post
Thanks for the replies. I guess I’ll have to squeeze myself into that cabinet and start removing panels to find it.
the amplifier and and A/b switch is actually part of the wall plate with the switch behind TV. If you carefully remove that wall plate you can reveal it. The replacement part is on Amazon. You'll have to de-mount your TV to get room for access. I actually put a door on mine and ditched the factory mount

https://www.amazon.com/Winegard-RV-7...s%2C161&sr=8-8
Old 01-13-2022, 09:41 AM   #6
CBL

Thanks again... however I dont suspect anything is wrong with the amp or the a/b switch...I'm simply trying to find the end of the cable that runs to the bedroom tv. Sounds like the splitter is behind that wall plate with the amp. I was just hoping it would easier to access.

2011 Jayco Eagle 351RLTS
Old 01-13-2022, 10:07 AM   #7

Yup,, the splitter is behind that wall plate, in fact it all part of one unite. Everything is crammed in there pretty tight so have some patience pulling that bess out. Good Luck
Old 01-13-2022, 10:10 AM   #8

found this if it is any help: Good Luck

this one is better:
http://www.user-manual.info/758301/p...ply-rv-7542/2/
Old 01-13-2022, 11:53 AM   #9
Site Team

Have you checked the antenna outlet in the front bedroom closet to see if there is a cable terminated?
Mine terminates in a coax outlet in the right side of the front closet.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 05:02 PM   #10
CBL

No but I thought about that. It’s winterized now and I will not be back to check on it until the first part of April. Thanks for all the suggestions.

2011 Jayco Eagle 351RLTS