Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-12-2017, 01:48 PM   #1

Voyager backup camera

I am looking at ordering the HT 27.5 rlts soon, and see the backup camera as an option.

I was wanting feedback on people who have and use them - awesome, good, ok, don't bother, etc...

thanks
Old 01-12-2017, 04:21 PM   #2

We ordered our new unit with the wireless bluetooth camera. It works ok. While traveling the signal goes in and out and the video stutters. But when we need it the most backing into a campsite or into our storage spot it works great. I guess there is no inteference with the signal like there would be on the open road. If you only need it for backing into a campsite i say go for it. Our unit also has audio so i can hear the dw guiding me in. These units also have a reverse or mirror image so be carefull using it. Whst looks like someone passing you on the right will actually be on the left.
luvs2camp7164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 04:42 PM   #3

If you want to save $$$ you can order the same unit on amazon and install it yourself takes about 30 mins
sobuck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 04:53 PM   #4

I agree with sobuck1. Mine was a surprise from the dw. She called the dealer and had it added to the order and kept it a secret. Great wife! I did forget to say to rememberto turn off the switch when not in use. The way it comes wired from the factory it will run your battery down. I have not rewired mine to turn off with the battery switch yet but i will. Most units come prewired so the instalation should be easy.
luvs2camp7164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 07:33 AM   #5

Thanks for the replies. I think I will go without for now then. Yes, it would only be used for backing in.
Old 01-13-2017, 09:44 AM   #6

We bought your Voyager camera after we had our trailer for about six months. We had it professionally installed and was told it was a bit tricky by the guy who did it. The result for us has been nothing short of great! We rarely had issues and/or blank screens when traveling. The signal was strong and my wife loved it when she backed up our trailer into parking spots. Overall, we love our camera!

Please note that the wiring of this camera requires two different power sources, if you are planning to use the on/off power switch. This was the tricky part told by our install guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by citgodan View Post
I am looking at ordering the HT 27.5 rlts soon, and see the backup camera as an option.

I was wanting feedback on people who have and use them - awesome, good, ok, don't bother, etc...

thanks
Queen Creek, Arizona
tularockstar is offline   Reply With Quote