Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-08-2020, 07:14 PM   #21

My buddy pulls his bro in-laws rv down to his camp site each year for the summer and it is an older rv with the short king pin and it bucks and chucks when he pulls it every year, but it pulls smooth as butter with his rv which has a longer king pin. Not sure why. Mine pulls smooth and I have buddy’s with triple axle toy haulers that love the Andersen also.

CURT FACTORY ball with the Andersen hitch
Ringneks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 08:43 AM   #22

I use the AUH with my Eagle HT 30.5 MLOK and a shortbed truck and love it. It can be removed in minutes to have a clean bed. I can turn easily to 75° (maybe more) without getting close to the cab of the truck, the only reason I can't go further is becuase the king pin would hit the side rail of the bed. This maybe be differnt on a Chevy, but the F250 has very high bed rails. I saw Poobears post, which is concerning, but can tell you I purchased my hitch in 2019 and it looks completely different from the one in Poobear's picture. On mine there are 2 flat triangular pieces welded on the right and left, not only one on the cab side as shown in his picture. It must have been redesigned. Used it all of last summer, approx 2000 miles and had no issues.
Attached Thumbnails
Truck and DH.jpg  
Reese Goosebox
Pammac36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 06:21 AM   #23

I used a AUH with my RAM with 6 1/2 bed pulling a Talon TH. switched to slider after damage to cab
twin88cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 07:48 PM   #24

Thanks for the all replies.

2017 Hummingbird 17RK (Sold)
2017 Jay Feather 23RSLW Sold)
2020 Eagle HT 30.5 CKTS

2015 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE (Sold)
2017 Chev Silverado 3500HD Duramax
87Yugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 03:27 AM   #25

I don't know, I was thinking about getting one myself, on Amazon there was a lot of reviews that weren't too good.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 09:27 AM   #26
CAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big1 View Post
I don't know, I was thinking about getting one myself, on Amazon there was a lot of reviews that weren't too good.
I'm not sure which hitch you may have looked at but one has a 5 rating with 160+ buyers and the other is 4.5 with about 40+ buyers.

If you have doubts call Andersen. I found them to be very helpful.

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 09:30 AM   #27
CAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big1 View Post
I'm not sure which hitch you may have looked at but one has a 5 rating with 160+ buyers and the other is 4.5 with about 40+ buyers. One problem with on-line ratings is the "user error" factor with installs, uses, and such. There are a lot of people who cannot spread peanut butter on toast and get it right.

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 12:05 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG View Post
I'm not sure which hitch you may have looked at but one has a 5 rating with 160+ buyers and the other is 4.5 with about 40+ buyers.

Exactly, the majority of us that have them absolutely love them. Ignore anyone that says they bend. There were a couple of pictures floating around the net with bent Andersen Ultimates. But have all been debunked by either being in an accident or the most popular one where a guy turned into a parking lot with his brake cable too short which locked up the brakes on the very heavy fiver while he was on the throttle with a new F450. I would rather have my hitch fail in that scenerio than have damage to the truck or trailer.
Andersen Ultimate w/Andersen Bed Shaft
SeventyGTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 12:11 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG View Post
I'm not sure which hitch you may have looked at but one has a 5 rating with 160+ buyers and the other is 4.5 with about 40+ buyers. One problem with on-line ratings is the "user error" factor with installs, uses, and such. There are a lot of people who cannot spread peanut butter on toast and get it right.

Unfortunately that is very true...
Old 02-12-2020, 02:32 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventyGTX View Post
Exactly, the majority of us that have them absolutely love them. Ignore anyone that says they bend. There were a couple of pictures floating around the net with bent Andersen Ultimates. But have all been debunked by either being in an accident or the most popular one where a guy turned into a parking lot with his brake cable too short which locked up the brakes on the very heavy fiver while he was on the throttle with a new F450. I would rather have my hitch fail in that scenerio than have damage to the truck or trailer.
I guess according to you , those of us that have had a very bad experience with these hitchs are not telling the truth ? I'll go away now on this subject since you think I'm a liar.
poohbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 02:56 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear View Post
I guess according to you , those of us that have had a very bad experience with these hitchs are not telling the truth ? I'll go away now on this subject since you think I'm a liar.
Did you not understand the part where I said "...the majority of us that have them...."?

I never once said NOBODY has had problems with them or even inferred you or anyone else were a liar. Good grief.

Whatever problems you had is definitely in the minority since there are thousands of these hitches out there with relatively few issues.
Andersen Ultimate w/Andersen Bed Shaft
SeventyGTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 10:32 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhop83 View Post
I have the AUH and was a little concerned about this issue. Not sure if I really needed it or not, but I got the B&W 4" offset ball which moves the entire hitch 4" further to the rear, now I don't even think about it when turning tight.
I’ve got the AUH and use the B&W Turnover ball as my gooseneck hitch. So when you use the B&W ball w/4” offset, does that change anything in the way your tow vehicle handles your fifth wheel? Such as throwing your pin weight too far towards the rear of your truck, etc? Thanks!