Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-21-2020, 05:30 PM   #181

Wisconsin State Parks canceled thru 4/30 ANDnot accepting new reservations. I know got one cancelled etc...
LarryJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 05:41 PM   #182

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tg310 View Post
Good morning all,
Has anyone heard of campgrounds closing due to this mess. Im on Long Island and its mass hysteria!

Thanks
Tom
2017 Jayco Eagle HT 29.5BHDS
Here is a link in what is open and what is closed.

http://portal.criticalimpact.com/go/...473c7b9fa19141
hamerjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 06:34 PM   #183

I had a trip planned on Memorial day weekend but the site (Army corps of engineer ran site) is closing from May 20-June 1 so they canceled and refunded the money.

(In Texas)
Dragaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 06:38 PM   #184

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragaxx View Post
I had a trip planned on Memorial day weekend but the site (Army corps of engineer ran site) is closing from May 20-June 1 so they canceled and refunded the money.

(In Texas)

Based on what is going on those dates for closing seem kinda stupid...

pward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 07:06 PM   #185

We've been planning a cross country trip on May 1. My concern is camp grounds that are closed. I'd rather stay away from Walmart and be in a safe place. I got a bad feeling that this virus problem is not totally going away anytime soon. hope I am wrong
artie p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 07:40 PM   #186

We’re from Long Island also had a trip planned for marathon at grassy key rv. Was informed that campground would be closing tomorrow Sunday March 22. We cancelled.Hoping this Corona crap resolves sooner rather than later. Hoping everyone stays healthy.
Metsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 08:32 PM   #187

Received an email from Virgina Nova park that my reservation on late May was canceled. Seemed too quick to me. SC State Park Campgrounds are open as we have plans for this week.
Old 03-21-2020, 08:54 PM   #188

Just came back from an Arizona trip. Grand Canyon was still open but many shops closed. All the campgrounds and sites at Death Valley were closed. The private campground on the southwest entrance was open.
bam1429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 09:30 PM   #189

Public land camping in Iowa

I have spent many weekends in the public land / hunting parking lots . There’s usually fishing there or close by. I can dry camp for a weekend even a 3 day weekend with my generator and full fresh water tank ! And every rest area in Iowa has a dump station so you can clean out before getting home! Closing campgrounds won’t stop us lol ! And it’s legal ! I do carry a metal fire ring for nights and I lock everything up if we go fishing or for walks. I’ve had a couple spooky nights though with a pickup truck who kept coming back about every 30 mins until I clicked on the lights outside of the camper. But they left and never returned and the exact same thing about 35 miles away ! Both times I got plate numbers and handed it off to the county sheriff in case they had anything going on in parking lots of public grounds ! But I’ll tell you we’ve had the most fun in these areas learning new lands finding arrowheads and artifacts great fishing holes and breathtaking hikes we wouldn’t have ever known about !
Big Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 09:58 PM   #190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tg310 View Post
Good morning all,
Has anyone heard of campgrounds closing due to this mess. Im on Long Island and its mass hysteria!

Thanks
Tom
2017 Jayco Eagle HT 29.5BHDS
I only know for sure that Fort Wilderness at Disney World is closed.
Hcutler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 10:10 PM   #191

Oregon has shut down the campgrounds also. I am so sorry that a lot of other states have done the same. We had plans to go to Lake Oswego OR on our yearly trip im may, but think that is out for now. I still plan to boondock it that weekend around here. I cannot skip a summer without at least going out one time. I will find a road to pull off from and stay for a few days.
Duke4857 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 10:52 PM   #192

I am on a web site that keeps me informed of campground closures. How I got on that one is beyond me. But I do know PA has closed it campgrounds. KOA is shuttering a few in spots. I know SC is still open but I am going to say call the state police on where you are thinking of going or goggling and seeing if anything is open. Michigan does have open campgrounds or least in some spots. Good luck if you are thinking of heading out of dodge. I do know Canada is opening campgrounds early for their snow birds. Otherwise forget Canada. They are only letting their denizens in and no one else. IMO? I would out of NYC faster then a speeding bullet.
spark of insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 11:01 PM   #193

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdb View Post
Well here in BC they closed the Provincial Campgrounds while making public transportation FREE! Go figure.

Michigan did the same thing. The DDOT and MDOT bus workers were ready to walk off if something wasn't done. So they gave riders free rides and the drivers wipes, gloves, masks and hand sanitizer. Go figure. Believe it or not
Old 03-21-2020, 11:05 PM   #194

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeRJuliian View Post
The Florida Keys are closing to visitors, as of Sunday,
Hotels and CGs are not taking any new reservations at this time
If you are already in a CG, and your reservation is for longer than 28 days, you will be allowed to stay until the rental is up.

Source: Florida Keys News Bureau

In the Keys, they are uniquely able to enforce such a restriction, they only have one road in and out. Close Highway 1, and that's as good as pulling up the drawbridge :-)

Thanks for the reminder. I just heard the Outter Banks of NC, Ocracoke Islands are closing to visitors. They are putting the island on quarantined. No one in or out. The KOA there is also closed as well.
Old 03-21-2020, 11:28 PM   #195

In Las Vegas, Valley of Fire SP is closed, KOA downtown is closed, Red Rocks closed, even Nellis AFB FamCamp is closed. “Social distance but don’t go to campgrounds,” apparently.
Fourkids&abeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 11:56 PM   #196

Camp grounds closed due to corona

I just returned to Alaska from visiting relatives in Titusville, Florida. Two campgrounds have been closed by the county. One is right in the Titusville area and the other is the Jetty Park complex including the campground. Jetty Park is located by Port Canaveral. In both case all of the campers were given two days to clear out.
Bob
Chena257 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 07:04 AM   #197
Site Team

Most all the beach communities around here have restricted entry due to spring breakers ignoring the social distancing requests.
It makes it hard since that was the last option for those that can’t stand to be with themselves. All state boat landings are also closing for the same reasons.
We camped for 5 days last week and had a great time without being in close contact with anyone.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 08:32 AM   #198

It will be interesting to hear some “full timers” stories. Not having a sticks and bricks because you’d planned on campground traveling and now campgrounds being closed could be a problem. I’m aware that most everyone has a friend or relative to borrow some driveway space from but it still has to be stressful. I’m not too upset we rented a country farmhouse last summer to take a breather from full time. It’s nice to still have the rigs parked here in the back but the room/square footage to stretch our legs in a house.
430 amp/hr 6v battery bank
1000w Renogy hard wired inverter
2011 F350 Lariat, DWR 4x4, 6.7 turbo diesel
2017 Open Range, Mesa Ridge 374BHS
Screwby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 09:11 AM   #199
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwby View Post
It will be interesting to hear some “full timers” stories. Not having a sticks and bricks because you’d planned on campground traveling and now campgrounds being closed could be a problem. I’m aware that most everyone has a friend or relative to borrow some driveway space from but it still has to be stressful. I’m not too upset we rented a country farmhouse last summer to take a breather from full time. It’s nice to still have the rigs parked here in the back but the room/square footage to stretch our legs in a house.
This is a really interesting point. We have had many discussion on this forum about the decision to keep or sell the home while full timing. Nowhere in those discussions do I ever remember anyone thinking that campgrounds would be closed or limited by a situation like this. It certainly gives us all something to think about.
2015 MB Sprinter 2500 Passenger 2.1L Diesel
2007 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins 5.9L G56

Midnightmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 09:18 AM   #200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightmoon View Post
This is a really interesting point. We have had many discussion on this forum about the decision to keep or sell the home while full timing. Nowhere in those discussions do I ever remember anyone thinking that campgrounds would be closed or limited by a situation like this. It certainly gives us all something to think about.
I’d imagine most full timers are older, and not set up for boondocking with solar and big battery banks. Most full timers, aside from the few YouTube celebrities, I’ve ever met were older, retired couples. This would be a double whammy as they are in a higher risk group for getting sick and can’t just go sit on BLM land and wait it out with their big unsustainable 5th wheels. Then there is the issue of storage. My biggest problem when we went “full time” was losing all my pantry, and deep freezer space I used for surplus food. Now you’ve got people in campers with no contingency plan, very little food storage room for long term, and if they were camp hosting or travel working for money they have no income.
430 amp/hr 6v battery bank
1000w Renogy hard wired inverter
2011 F350 Lariat, DWR 4x4, 6.7 turbo diesel
2017 Open Range, Mesa Ridge 374BHS
Screwby is offline   Reply With Quote