Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-25-2019, 02:46 PM   #1

2016 Jayco seneca Warranty

Can anyone confirm that the 2016 Jayco seneca has a 2 year warranty on the transmission? Just bout a used one and there is a range inhibit light coming on that is throwing a Transmission code......
AZjayco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 03:03 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZjayco View Post
Can anyone confirm that the 2016 Jayco seneca has a 2 year warranty on the transmission? Just bout a used one and there is a range inhibit light coming on that is throwing a Transmission code......
Can't help you much other than to mention I've heard motor homes generally have a 5-year power train warranty like most autos and trucks that includes the transmission. Could that apply in your case? Especially since we're more than 2 years away from 2016 now?
GL243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 03:31 PM   #3

My paper work is in my unit and I will not be able to check until later in the week and if you still need the information I will look it up.

Regardless I would suggest you you get the vin number and call the following people. Allison, cummins and freightliner. Explain you are buying a unit and want to check on warrentee and recall items on the unit. If it has been serviced by them they will give you a run down and can let you know of the warrentee transfers and if there anything remaining. Any time I get serviced I get a price t out of the service as well as any recall or other service bulletins.
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 04:20 PM   #4

Quote:
JAYCO would not be involved since the warranty only covers the original owner. As was mentioned it would be between you and FREIGHTLINER.
Old 03-25-2019, 05:05 PM   #5

Quote:
I was told that because I registered my unit with Allison when I bought it, the transmission warranty is for 5 years from the original in-service date. I would suggest calling Allison directly and with your chassis VIN they should be able to tell you exactly what coverage you have. If your local Freightliner dealer is an authorized Allison center they should be able to help you similarly.
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 10:44 AM   #6

This got me wondering, so I just confirmed that our 2016 Seneca 37FS has a 5yr 200k mile warranty on the transmission. They asked for the transmission serial number, here is their number 317-242-5000 Allison transmissions

Ed
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
2019 Silverado High Country 4x4 Crew Cab
Australian Cattle dogs Zan & Tre
ed4ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 11:48 AM   #7

Thank you everyone....So here was the deal... Freightliner has a 2 year warranty on the transmission, however with the partner program between freightliner and Allison, Allison adds an additional 3 years so I am covered....
AZjayco is offline   Reply With Quote