Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-11-2022, 08:48 PM   #1

2022 Factory Installed Solar

Has anyone that purchased a 2022 Seneca/Accolade had issues with the factory installed solar system? The panel itself shows volts by using a multimeter when I disconnect it from the wiring at the roof. However when I check the wiring coming from the roof there is nothing. The go power MPPT solar controller is connected to the batteries correctly and the lights are lit showing so, but nothing for the panel. Also the go power section within the firefly system doesn’t show any data as it should and it can’t be configured.

When I took it in to the dealer earlier this week they say it’s just a bad cable going to the firefly system, but I don’t think that will solve the solar panel wiring problem.

2022 Entegra Accolade 37K
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
GibbysWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 06:47 AM   #2

We just took delivery of ours on 2/1 and aren’t seeing the same problem. But, I agree that if you see voltage directly off the panels, but not on the wires at the controller, there must be something wrong with the MC4 connectors or wires.

You could disconnect the wires at both ends, connect the wires together at one end, and then do a continuity check across the entire loop to rule out or confirm a break in the wire somewhere. It’s either that or one of the MC4 ends was assembled poorly and not making contact with the panel.

You shouldn’t *have* to do it to prove to them there’s an issue, but it seems to be the state of affairs.
Old 02-12-2022, 03:46 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GibbysWorld View Post
Has anyone that purchased a 2022 Seneca/Accolade had issues with the factory installed solar system? The panel itself shows volts by using a multimeter when I disconnect it from the wiring at the roof. However when I check the wiring coming from the roof there is nothing. The go power MPPT solar controller is connected to the batteries correctly and the lights are lit showing so, but nothing for the panel. Also the go power section within the firefly system doesn’t show any data as it should and it can’t be configured.

When I took it in to the dealer earlier this week they say it’s just a bad cable going to the firefly system, but I don’t think that will solve the solar panel wiring problem.

I have had zero charging from my solar. The dealer had to re-wire the rig day 1 and they are looking into it now, but the panel shows zero charging ever.
Shodan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 09:10 PM   #4

Same here.

2022 Entegra Accolade 37K
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Old 02-12-2022, 09:49 PM   #5

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...god-90733.html

Its the connection under the roof Jack. It is very common issue.
JayLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 11:27 AM   #6

I’ve taken apart the mc4 connectors for both positive and negative cables going from the roof to the controller and they are correct but I don’t plan on digging any deeper as the junction box on the roof is sealed. The solar controller isn’t communicating with the firefly system and the dealer ordered a new cable for that so when it comes in THEY will dig into the solar wiring since the rig is only a month old.
Old 02-13-2022, 12:48 PM   #7
KTK

No solar data on firefly

I also have this problem on my 2022 Precept. The MPPT controller is lit up but there is no data on the Firefly system. Everything shows 0.0. Amps watts etc. The solar system does not seem to be charging the batteries.
KTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 03:54 PM   #8

But does it look good?

I'm probably more understanding than most about the build quality but not checking for current flow is just unexcusable.