Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-30-2019, 02:19 PM   #1

Fridge and Slides on Seneca 2018.5 not working Help

Help – Electrical Issue with Fridge and Slides
Good day to all. I was trying finalize installing some extra computer fans on my 2018.5 Seneca 37K. I somehow tripped something or blew a fuse. I just can’t find it and need your help. I have no 12V to the Norcold 1210X. NO light on the panel of the fridge. I have 120V to fridge and icemaker outlet. I have 12v everywhere else lights etc, except I have also lost power to both slides bedroom and the living room. I have looked at all the breakers under master bed, and not appeared tripped but I turned off and reset all and non tripped and appear on in good condition. I checked ALL 12V fuses in panel and Ohm tested and all are good, even pulled the two 30 amp 12v for slides and they all ohm test as complete circuit. Checked the other 3 breaker switches in the separate panel under the bed. Am I missing some in-line or a chassis fuse? I’m stumped. I am uploading a wiring diagram and it talks of a 5 amp and 8 amp fuse, which I do not see on the panel under the bed. With the slides not working and the main power line to the refer (white/red stripe) showing no power I can’t believe it’s a fuse internal to refer. When I post this I’m going to check the chassis fuses but cannot believe they would be in the circuit.
Thanks to all who respond. Of course were planning in leaving in two days for a trip!!!!
Gunfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 02:24 PM   #2

Wiring Diagram

Here is the wiring diagram. I admit that I struggle with these.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 1210 wiring.pdf (745.6 KB, 25 views)
Old 09-30-2019, 05:03 PM   #3

Problem Solved

found out it was in fact the #1 15 amp fuse blew. Couldn't figure out as not labeled as having anything to do with fridge, or slides. Also controls the red llight on the Chassis battery disconnect by side door. Many thanks to Slopoke for walking me through some steps trying to isolate the issue. Moral don't believe the labels on your fuse panel.
Old 09-30-2019, 07:10 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunfighter View Post
found out it was in fact the #1 15 amp fuse blew. Couldn't figure out as not labeled as having anything to do with fridge, or slides. Also controls the red llight on the Chassis battery disconnect by side door. Many thanks to Slopoke for walking me through some steps trying to isolate the issue. Moral don't believe the labels on your fuse panel.
And... I learned a little more about our Seneca in the process too....

1) The light on the "main power shutoff switch" that is supposed to indicate that the relay is engaged or not... is actually on the Refrigerator / CO detector / control panel circuit.

2) The slide controllers don't work - when the #1 fuse (the same one for fridge/CO detector and control panel) is blown... in fact, most of the control panel does not work, but the Onan Comand 30 does, as does the Xantrex inverter. It appears that the power comes from the fridge circuit that sends the positive signal to the slide controllers... . I would have thought that the slide controller would have supplied the power for that... but I guess it does not. Yes I confirmed this on our 15 Seneca 36FK.
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2023, 07:09 PM   #5

Send a message via Skype™ to Dave_Jan
This post has solved my issue of three days of troubleshooting my slides not working and the 12v switch at door. changed the blown fuse and slides now work but the switch a=t door does not disengage the 12v power. Just happy the slides work. Thanks to ALL who contributed to this post. This is an awesome forum!!!
97 Jeep Wrangler
Dave_Jan is offline   Reply With Quote