Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-28-2021, 01:22 AM   #1

New 2021 37L - checklist help

Hello Friends!

My wife and I'll are going to pick up our new 37L this week in San Diego from the dealership. We are wondering if you could please reply with your top 10-20 items needed when you drive away from the lot. Excluding the standard living items that we have from our travel trailer times.

Also, before we drive away from the dealership... what are some much checks that seem to be the major issues. I've read the side door, mud flap, slide out. Anything else major?

Lastly, your help on any comfort suggestions when driving with our 4 kids and 1 dog.

Thank you all in advance! Cheers! Mike
mikebinarizona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 12:19 AM   #2

There is a thread on all the items that can and have gone wrong. What I would recommend is taking it out and testing everything right away. As far as comfort for the family, I installed a 32” TV on the wardrobe right by the door with a blu ray player. That lets the three kids either watch it from the dinette, couch, or in the overhead bunk. That, plus lots of snacks and drinks keeps my 3 happy.
dopplemeyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 07:23 AM   #3

check everything before driving off. They will most likely rush you to sign. I took 6 hours to inspect it and found plenty but they were fixed immediately and I haven't had to take it back, which if you do you will be in a long waiting line and they will keep it longer than you will like.
Flashdman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 02:28 PM   #4

Big one for the new models: make sure the main entry door does not flex outward at the top when at highway speed, mine flexes outward - even though locked and deadbolted. Light, noise, wind, and water get in. I've read posts from others having the same problem.

Many little things you can fix yourself. This one, not so much.

They are great coaches, though!!!
EricM22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 03:55 PM   #5
Drv

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricM22 View Post
Big one for the new models: make sure the main entry door does not flex outward at the top when at highway speed, mine flexes outward - even though locked and deadbolted. Light, noise, wind, and water get in. I've read posts from others having the same problem.

Many little things you can fix yourself. This one, not so much.

They are great coaches, though!!!
Absolutely check entrance door. My buddy received his 2021 37l last fall and had the same issue with house door. The dealer replaced it and he still has the same problem, just not as bad. For some reason the new style doors they switched to in 2021MY are poor fitting. Looks like they traded poor latching traditional style RV door that fit/maintained seal with a better automotive style latch and poor fitting door!

Like your trailer before and everyone else has said Run EVERYTHING multiple times and dont let dealer rush you.
Good luck and enjoy your new ride!
Drv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 08:45 AM   #6

I had the gap at top of door. Easy fix with old school method…. I put a hunk of wood between the door and frame by the latch, then a 4-foot piece of 2x4 at an angle to hold the bottom of door in place(protect the paint with a towel), then got on a ladder and pushed the top of door in to “bend” the door in at the top. Push it in a bit, then check fit. After 2 tries, problem fixed! Took 10 minutes.
Firewrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 01:44 PM   #7

Check the full length slide. Make sure it has lots clearance from the floor. Mine has been a issue from day one. They fixed it and when on trip started doing it again. It's a big heavy slide. Driving down the road with all the bumps seems to knock it out of alignment every time.
seneca323 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
37l