Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-02-2018, 07:09 AM   #1

Pantry on pre 2018 37FS Seneca

For those of you that have a pre 2018 37FS, have any of you made a pantry? If so where? If not, where have you been putting your food? I have been primarily using the cabinets above the sofa for my dry stuff, but prefer to have an actual pantry rather than a cabinet.
Old 05-03-2018, 06:34 AM   #2

We are former cruisers in a sailboat and I'm always looking for unused space. Wasted storage drives me nuts.

We had the stove top removed and an oven installed, that lost those two drawers. Major immediate storage of extra food stuff is the drawer under the bunks and under the king size bed. We opened up the area behind and under the pull out island by the entry door. Used a black plastic boat hatch for access, did the same for under the area of the lower bunk bed behind the drawer. Lots of can goods are stored under the forward fold out couch and under the settee seats. Heavy stuff low, light stuff high, so dry goods such as cereal and coffee are kept in the area above the couch. Spices and some items are stored above the sink, but the bride is only 5 ft 1 inch and a stool is needed. Space is around, look for it.
2016 Jayco Seneca 37FS
2016 Chevrolet Traverse
2018 Cheverolet Silverado
rgolding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 07:09 PM   #3

Here's what we did after removing the recliner/catch-all for jackets and such we pondered what to put in its place. We searched various cabinet designs at the big box stores, hoping to find something I could modify or then even redesign and build from the floor up. The other day while at Harbor Freight the wife asked why not a roll-away tool box? I have 3 in my shop loaded down with tools, I thought what a great idea if we can find the right size and look. So here we are with our new pantry, finished the install today. The Kobalt tool box is a locking 5 drawer, 5 yr warranty 100 lb/drawer capacity with soft close ball bearing slides. I added the solid bamboo top and bottom to spiff it up. I used the existing 7/16 dia. holes to secure it to the floor.

Also another little project I finished up today was sealing the gaping holes in the bulkhead area, where the top of the cab and overhead come together. Both sides were not sealed to keep water out. I sealed the holes up and added R13 insulation before reinstalling the cover.
Attached Thumbnails
Pantry1.jpg   Pantry2.jpg   Pantry3.jpg   Bulkhead1.jpg   Bulkhead2.jpg  

Bulkhead3.jpg  
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
2019 Silverado High Country 4x4 Crew Cab
Australian Cattle dogs Zan & Tre
ed4ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 12:33 AM   #4

Cool idea and use of readily available item.

I too sealed and insulated that area. Seams silly that the rest of the unit has insulation and “insulated” windows but this area is not caulked or insulated at all.
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote