Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-31-2018, 08:48 PM   #1

Seneca - Dual Rear Tire Equalization & TPMS

Greetings,

Anyone using rear dual tire pressure equalization systems (i.e. Crossfire by Dual Dynamics or others?)

Also interested in hearing feedback on your favorite TPMS system (all of which I doubt work with a dual tire pressure equalization system).....

Thanks!
JimL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 09:01 PM   #2

I don't use an equalization system, so I can't help there.

I use Minder Research "TireMinder" system. I bought it originally for my prior Class C, transferred it to my Seneca and use it to monitor the Seneca's tires as well as my toad's.

I did upgrade the display a couple of years ago to a newer model that allows me to "disconnect" the toad's tires when it isn't there. That way it doesn't alarm when it can't find those 4 tires! I do have two repeaters to ensure I get a reliable signal all the way from the rear toad tires to the dash of the Seneca. With the proliferation of devices using those frequencies I was getting some dropouts until I installed my second repeater mid-coach on the advice of Minder. I understand they have a more powerful repeater now, so that one new repeater might suffice if a system was purchased now.
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 01:59 AM   #3

Interesting concept and makes sense for big rigs. The video is pretty dated. I am not sure if this something that would provide value for most rv owners. Most rv owners replace tires due to age of the tire not due to mileage. You have to order the valves with preset psi ranges every 5 psi. So you will have to determine your range prior to purchase. It appear that you can order the set up with standard hose fittings that would work with a tpms

I use the RVI brake system on my toad and recently purchased a set of sensors which work on the same monitor as the rvi brake. I like the system as I can toggle back and forth to monitor the brakes and the tires both psi and temperature. Not sure if the alarm is as forceful as I would like but it does work.

Both the temp and psi information on the tpms matches what the air pressure system above discusses, the inside tire get hotter and develop more pressure than the outside tires.
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 07:22 AM   #4

I've seen those setups on semi's and always wondered what they were, now I know (thanks for posting the question). I like the idea that it shifts air between tires based on the relative road surface heights to keep the tire loads equal. I'd be concerned about the braided stainless pigtails and leaks, but perhaps they've worked all that out by now. How much is a setup like this?

I thought 'Super Single' tires as replacements for duals would be the answer, but the trucking community doesn't like them for a lot of reasons.
Crossingover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 08:15 PM   #5

Thank you!
JimL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 06:05 AM   #6

I have a 2004 greyhawk 27ds. The first time I attempted to check and fill my rear tires it took me and a 20 yr old man 1 1/2 hours to get all four tires done. One of the guys at Goodyear turned me on to cateye. It is not a TPMS. But it allows equalization and easy fill. The cats eye tells you whether they tires are at the correct pressure. I love it. Very reasonably priced too. They can be purchased at amazon.
mytidi2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 04:39 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossingover View Post
I've seen those setups on semi's and always wondered what they were, now I know (thanks for posting the question). I like the idea that it shifts air between tires based on the relative road surface heights to keep the tire loads equal. I'd be concerned about the braided stainless pigtails and leaks, but perhaps they've worked all that out by now. How much is a setup like this?

I thought 'Super Single' tires as replacements for duals would be the answer, but the trucking community doesn't like them for a lot of reasons.
Most of the ones you see on Semi Trailers, are connected to the air-systems on the trailer. They actually inflate low tires, deflate overfilled tires and provide a warning system to the driver if a tire is not able to keep pressure.
Here is a little more about them: https://hendrickson-intl.com/Trailer...s/TIREMAAX-PRO
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote