Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-17-2021, 10:03 AM   #361

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75462 View Post
I will have a road test update this weekend!

How do you like the Centramatic balancers?
ebarchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 03:43 PM   #362

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebarchak View Post
How do you like the Centramatic balancers?
Sorry, I’ve been on a lengthy project at work with no extra time.
Our weekend trip was smooth, took the slight shake I was feeling in the steering wheel away. I do hear the shot moving around the ring with the window down up to 20 mph. I only did the front and so far happy.
75462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 06:47 PM   #363

Finally got tired of cloths falling out the back or side of the factory wardrobe drawers in out RB. I decided that it would be easier to build new drawers so I could maximize the space and I was able make them full height and a couple inches deeper as there was plenty of space behind the factory drawers. The drawers also didnt pull out enough to have good access because of the overhang of the cabinet/counter so I used Accuride 3834 drawer guides which have 1" over travel. This will be much nicer on longer trips.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_7844.jpg   IMG_7842.jpg   IMG_7854.jpg   IMG_7855.jpg  

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 06:54 PM   #364

Very nice sir.
johnboye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 06:45 AM   #365

Those are nicely done!

don_kleinschnitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 09:03 AM   #366

Great job!
Betsybseneca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 09:32 AM   #367
Lost in the Woods

Centramatic wheel balancers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75462 View Post
Sorry, I’ve been on a lengthy project at work with no extra time.
Our weekend trip was smooth, took the slight shake I was feeling in the steering wheel away. I do hear the shot moving around the ring with the window down up to 20 mph. I only did the front and so far happy.

Just adding 2¢ here on the Centramatics. I have them on both my Frieghtliners, and all of our Ford Super Duty trucks. We do rodeo across the country besides our work trucks, so our Seneca sees a lot of time in soupy mud. Then the mud dries and we get 5 pounds of imbalance per wheel. Can't really stop on the side of the road and pressure wash the underside of it, so the Centramatics dynamically balance the wheels no matter how much mud is on them. Also, on the work trucks in particular we've seen almost 50% increase in tire life.
RayBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 06:43 AM   #368

Roof Tank Vent Mod/Repair

The black and gray tank through the roof vents were not properly installed at the factory. This resulted in tank odors inside the coach only while driving. Removed vent caps and sealed the hole in the roof around the black vent pipe and reinstalled the cap.
Attached Thumbnails
261B00EC-6A5D-47F5-A27E-B54A64D7458F.jpg   DFCE337A-BF89-4004-A5FE-854730EE49D3.jpg   0758F146-B30D-4E7B-B795-00F99C4F6FFC.jpg   63A84A09-51FF-4244-8B47-D2FE61F6D8C0.jpg  
lawingnutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 03:46 PM   #369

Results of Mods

I did quite a few modification before we left for our two month trip to the PNW. I believe a two month trip is a pretty good shake down.

Here is a list of what I did and the results.

1. AC Duct
One of our favorite. The ACs are much quieter and the increase in airflow was amazing.

2. Airdump
This is my favorite mod. It takes seconds to dump the air and the coach levels much quicker, keeping the front tires on the ground. Also because the coach is starting out lower the jacks don't have to extend as much so it feels much more soild.

3. BBQ rail
A good mod. On our old Seneca I could easily mount the bbq on the side of the coach and cook. Now I can do it with this Seneca.

4. Carefree-awning
Another good mod. The awning retracted 3 times over the past two months because of the wind. I feel this will save the awning for me one day.

5. Outside Fridge fans
Don't know about this. I really can't tell if the fridge is working more efficient or not. All I can say is they don't hurt.

6. Inside fridge fan
This one was good. I can tell the frost is not building up on the fins and our fruits and veggies keep longer. Before I put that fan our fruit and veggies would not last that long. Much longer now.

7. Cab-house squeak
Angels favorite mod. There was a terrible squeak right behind her chair that was driving her crazy. That squeak is now gone.

8. Plastic Plugs in mirror holes
Can't tell any difference.

9. BlueFire
This was the modification I was most excited about. Turned out not to be the best. I have it completely setup the way I want but the DEF trip information is still not working. I MUST say, Mark has been very helpful and he is still working on it for me. I am hopeful that by the time I drive the rig to deer camp he will have it working.

There have been quite a few other modification that I have done over the years but these are the ones I did this year.

If anyone has questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Instagram @wanderingpeaches
www.youtube.com/@wanderingpeaches
repeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 05:14 PM   #370

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpietsch View Post
I did quite a few modification before we left for our two month trip to the PNW. I believe a two month trip is a pretty good shake down.

Here is a list of what I did and the results.

8. Plastic Plugs in mirror holes
Can't tell any difference.
Did you cover the holes in the upper mirror brackets to the door frame? I used plugs initially that protruded a bit from the holes, still had noise. I removed the plugs and carefully applied Gorilla black duct tape. That eliminated the whistle from up there.
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 05:51 PM   #371

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbbyr View Post
Did you cover the holes in the upper mirror brackets to the door frame? I used plugs initially that protruded a bit from the holes, still had noise. I removed the plugs and carefully applied Gorilla black duct tape. That eliminated the whistle from up there.
I put black gorilla tape on the large opening and the plastic plugs in the small ones. What I am thinking is that the ride is quieter because of the Cab/House fix so now the wind noise doesn't seem any different.
Old 09-28-2021, 06:56 AM   #372

Please elaborate on the Cab/House Fix and the BBQ Rail.
lawingnutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 03:26 PM   #373

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawingnutz View Post
Please elaborate on the Cab/House Fix and the BBQ Rail.
The cab/house fix is better documented here:
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...res-80909.html

As for the BBQ rail, I already had my BBQ from my old Seneca. It had a rail to mount the BBQ on the side while camping. I ordered a rail from Amazon and mounted on one of the basement doors under the awning.
Attached Thumbnails
20210703_132925.jpg   20210703_132656.jpg  
Old 10-03-2021, 12:39 PM   #374

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post
Finally got tired of cloths falling out the back or side of the factory wardrobe drawers in out RB. I decided that it would be easier to build new drawers so I could maximize the space and I was able make them full height and a couple inches deeper as there was plenty of space behind the factory drawers. The drawers also didnt pull out enough to have good access because of the overhang of the cabinet/counter so I used Accuride 3834 drawer guides which have 1" over travel. This will be much nicer on longer trips.
I can't believe how poorly the kitchen cabinet drawers are built (37k)! The ones under the cooktop are 3/4" out of square so they don't even slide in and out properly. I am building new boxes that are 3" deeper on these two and 10" deeper for the ones under the sink. The drawer guides are junk too.

The pantry is another spot that needs help. Two large boxes with a divider in the center. Is this so the canned goods can freely roll around wherever they want?
Semix-Hex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 01:07 PM   #375

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semix-Hex View Post
I can't believe how poorly the kitchen cabinet drawers are built (37k)! The ones under the cooktop are 3/4" out of square so they don't even slide in and out properly. I am building new boxes that are 3" deeper on these two and 10" deeper for the ones under the sink. The drawer guides are junk too.

The pantry is another spot that needs help. Two large boxes with a divider in the center. Is this so the canned goods can freely roll around wherever they want?
One of the first mods I did was to build new Pantry pullouts with adjustable shelves and large front lips. I have put the new drawers and guides in the rear bath of our RB, and the wardrobe in the bedroom and the kitchen area will be done this winter.
Attached Thumbnails
EFCC5AC4-CEDD-4D1D-8736-3F91801E152A.jpg  

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 12:16 PM   #376

We are very fixed on our appliances, Insta-Pot, Juicer and a Vitamix, as well as what we eat. It will be fairly easy to figure out shelves and plull outs.
I really like the stand up pantry shelves you built. The washer and drawer cabinets are oddly built but will be my better 3/4's clothes storage with pullouts and shelves.
Semix-Hex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 11:20 PM   #377

Mods

Upgraded the stock headlights to LED's. It made a tremendous difference.

Also swapped out the stock bathroom sink faucet to a Moen brand one with a longer reach. With the stock one, I couldn't even get my hands under the faucet to wash them.

Had the dash stereo upgraded to Kenwood DDX6906S with USB and Line-In jacks.

Added a ScanGauge, mounted just right of the dash.

Swapped out the house stereo to a Sony STR-DH590.

Pulled the front floor mat, addressed a little bit of surface rust and put down KilMat 80 mil. It's helped make the cab a little quieter.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1093.jpg   IMG_0108.jpg   IMG_3981.jpg  
Sony STR-DH590 for surround sound
LED headlights
KilMat on the cab floor & AutoDrive Center Console
JoeyNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 02:28 PM   #378

- Fresh water tank support system

Can you Explain? did you need to add support due to weight of water tank, etc?
nGONZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 02:47 PM   #379

Quote:
Originally Posted by nGONZO View Post
- Fresh water tank support system

Can you Explain? did you need to add support due to weight of water tank, etc?
The water tank just sits on the "compartment" floor spanning the truck frame rails. Both the compartment floor and the water tank are just plastic. When full of water both the tank and compartment floor deflect down in between the frame rails. That leaves water down in the bottom of that swale that can't be drained or used.

In my case I was back at the factory service center and pointed it out to them. They installed square steel tubes on top of the framerails but below the compartment. They prevent the tank from deflecting the compartment floor and the tank doesn't have a low spot anymore.

I added square steel tubes under my grey and black tanks similarly. Although those tanks "hang" from support brackets when full they would also deflect the compartment down. Same problem, some contents couldn't be drained. I also added rigid foam under those tanks to take up the space between the bottom of the tanks and the floors of those compartments to prevent deflection and provide some insulation.
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 07:09 PM   #380

Did you have to remove the backing of other compartments to get access to slide in solid foam panels, or did you do it between the frame rails? My local Jayco dealer denied that the tanks needed support and wouldn't attempt to add additional support. I'll do it myself but I don't have much experience with this coach.
dneeld52 is offline   Reply With Quote