Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-27-2019, 01:24 PM   #1

Seneca Norcold 1210 installation issues?

We have a 2018.5 Seneca FS with a Norcold 1210 frig. I've been troubleshooting a "not getting cold enough" issue. For reference, on this rig, the refrigerator vents out the roof.

I just found a copy of the service manual online. In the service manual it shows two fans mounted on the top of the absorber coils. My unit has no fans on the absorber coils. Of course, I am wondering if this is a mistake and now I'm curious: Does anyone else have fans mounted on the top of the absorber coils on the back of their Norcold 1210 in a roof-vented configuration?

I also noticed that the manual shows two baffles being installed for roof-vented units. One baffle is 3-4 inches above the intake vent and one is 3-4 inched below the condenser fins. It says these are required if the space between the outside wall and the frig is more than 1". This would force air to move through the coils and condenser versus just moving around the coils and condenser. I am sure we have more than 1" of space between the outside wall of the rig and the refrigerator. Does anyone have baffles installed between the outside wall and the frig on a roff-vented Norcold 1210?

Thanks!
ralett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 04:35 PM   #2

not so cold frig

Did not know some 2018.5 Seneca's had a roof top vent. Our 37 ts has side wall exhaust and I added 4 small fans to get good venting and now cold frig. Often thought roof top vent would have solved poor circulation. Getting heat out will be your challenge
tallcott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 04:39 PM   #3

I agree. I installed two small fans (less than 100 cfm each) in the roof vent and that helped. I'm taking those two out and installing four larger ones (125 cfm each) tomorrow along with a temperature controlled switch. We'll see if that makes a difference.
ralett is offline   Reply With Quote