Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-17-2018, 07:14 PM   #1

Seneca Pantry upgrade

We I just couldnt stand it any longer after only one two months of owning it and 3 trips. Being a retired cabinet maker and my son still letting me in the shop I had to make better use of the pullout pantries as 2 non adjustable shelves wasnt cutting it. I just made all new pullouts out of 1/2" Baltic Birch which ended up weighing a lot less than the MDF units. We gained 2 more shelves that are fully adjustable. Swap was pretty easy by just swapping hardware over but man, the bottom pullout was really a pain as the factory installed it extremely bad. Last pic is of the slide rear mount, it was attached about 3/4" to high and crooked. I had to replace the slide completely as it was damaged, took me about an hour to readjust everything now they glide in and out with no binding or rubbing. Had to have been a Monday or Friday build
Attached Thumbnails
2.jpg   1.jpg   5.jpg   4.jpg   3.jpg  

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 07:49 PM   #2

Very nice! Now you only need to fill it and then have us over for dinner.
WinnieView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 03:30 AM   #3

Again another project that I did not know I needed. Add this to winter list. Great idea and improvement on the stock unit thanks for sharing.
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 06:54 AM   #4

Be careful posting great work like this... you may be opening up a can of worms! I am sure there are plenty of owners that would pay good money for this upgrade. With your expertise you could easily replicate this and sell it! Then sadly all your time would be in the shop filling orders rather than out communing with a nature in your RV. I recall seeing an upgrade for a great floor/center console that someone had fabricated for their Seneca and so many liked it he started taking orders.
2017 Ford Edge w/Blue Ox Setup
To Yosemite... and Beyond!
MrJackSprat is offline   Reply With Quote