Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-10-2013, 10:35 PM   #1

2013 314bds first use.. Have some questions.

Hi everyone. The wife and i took our new 314bds out for the first time last weekend and have to say we love it. This is our first TT and alot newer than our 94 eagle 5er we come out of. We have a seasonal site and spend most of our time in one place. But anyway, i have a few questions. First off, is their a level anywhere on this trailer, i couldn't find one and would be surprised if jayco didn't install one from factory. Also, the TV in our camper is able to turn from living room into the bedroom, however i could not figure out why the sound will not come out of the tv itself. i turn the volume up and get nothing. if i use the sound zones on the stereo it only gives me living room,bunkhouse,outside speakers. this is kind of a pain when the wife wants to watch a movie in bed and we have to crank the living room speakers to hear it. anyone know what to do?? Also if anyone has any useful tips or mods feel free to let me know, i would appreciate it. thanks everyone.

Alan
sledneck84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 05:18 AM   #2

First of all welcome to the forum. Most trailers actually don't come with levels. They are cheap and easy to put on. I just keep a torpedo level with me and place it on my counter top and that works great for me. As for the sound on your TV. Go into your menu program and turn the internal speakers on. They usually have to be turned off when external speakers are being used. Hope this helps.
Locky66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 06:11 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locky66 View Post
First of all welcome to the forum. Most trailers actually don't come with levels. They are cheap and easy to put on. I just keep a torpedo level with me and place it on my counter top and that works great for me. As for the sound on your TV. Go into your menu program and turn the internal speakers on. They usually have to be turned off when external speakers are being used. Hope this helps.
Congratulations and enjoy the new camper.

2X on the advice above.

Tracy from Central PA

2010 Jayco 17Z Ex-Port
2004 Ford Explorer V8 with the tow package
2010 Camping Stats
Nights Camping 132 - Nights Camping in My Z 102
2011 Camping Stats
Nights Camping 107
2012 Camping Stats
Nights camping 133 - Nights camping in my Z 128
2013 Camping Stats
Nights Camping 66 Nights
tlhdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 01:31 PM   #4

I installed my own levels.

My TV has sound. I can get sound through the stereo/sound zones, or, I can turn up the volume on the TV. I would definitely make sure you dont have an issue with your TV.

PS - make sure you are turning up the volume on the TV remote vs. the stereo remote
pbohart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 05:31 PM   #5

2013 314bds first use.. Have some questions.

I think there should be a setting on the tv to turn off surround. I will ask my teenager when i get home. Lol
Enjoy the new camper.
Robert
lx22f/c is offline   Reply With Quote