Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-07-2021, 12:53 PM   #1

2013 White Hawk DSRL Sofa Replacement?

Hi everybody!
I purchased my first travel trailer, a 2013 White Hawk DSRL a few months ago after over a year of hunting, and I love it-EXCEPT...
It has the steel frame flip out couch, which has got to be the most uncomfortable piece of furniture I’ve ever encountered. It’s awful. It’s got to go! I’ve been searching RV sofas etc online and just don’t have enough experience with this to know what to do. Having it as an additional sleeping area isn’t that big of an issue, I still have the dinette area I can use if needed.
Any and all advice would be most appreciated!!
SnakeWrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 10:52 PM   #2

Nobody else has had the same problem? I thought this was for Jayco travel trailer owners, isn’t that what a White Hawk DSRL is?

Perhaps I can find another forum out there somewhere! Happy camping
Old 11-09-2021, 07:23 AM   #3

Replace sofa

We just took ours out and put in a reclining sofa. Works fine for us an a lot more comfortable.
Old 11-09-2021, 08:44 AM   #4

We had a similar sofa and I finally bought a set of Thomas Payne theater seating recliners. With an extra pair of hands I removed the old one in pieces and it went to the curb. The TP seats are modular and I bought what would fit the opening, 3 recliners and an extra arm rest/storage piece that I put between 2 of the recliners. For a couple of trips they just sat in their space in one of the slides but they would move around in transit so I screwed them to the slide floor. Look great and are comfy.
Before you tear into it check under and behind your existing sofa to insure there’s nothing installed that will interfere with a new seating like furnace, slide mechanism or ducting.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 01:22 PM   #5

That sofa is awful! We went with the Recpro recliner, check all the reviews, most people prefer over the Thomas Payne which is still way better than stock. Stick with manual, electric is slow and if it gets stuck you are screwed LOL!
hankstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 06:04 PM   #6

X2 on Recpro very happy with the recliners
Old 11-11-2021, 03:50 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankstone View Post
That sofa is awful! We went with the Recpro recliner, check all the reviews, most people prefer over the Thomas Payne which is still way better than stock. Stick with manual, electric is slow and if it gets stuck you are screwed LOL!
I can hardly believe someone thought this would be suitable furniture for an RV. It is truly awful and can’t be classified as “furniture.” What were they thinking??! I’m not worried about having something electric, but I’d like something comfortable to curl up on when watching TV-and this isn’t it!