Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-02-2023, 06:15 AM   #1

2016 Jay Flight Elite 28RLS

Hi All, new owner of a 2016 28RLS here, bought it used of course and have some questions. I was hoping you could point a newbie in the right direction.

I did do some searches and looked in the manual section before I posted this. I have downloaded the the 2016 28RLS Jayco manual.

The items I wanted to read about the manual deferred to manufacture supplement manual. Well . . . since I bought it used I don't have those. How do I determine the model and where to get the manual for specifically - AC Unit, Refrigerator, Water Heater, and other various subsystems???

Thanks
jim
jimmyp11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 06:32 AM   #2

We owned the same model and I’ll endeavour to answer any questions you have, however when I traded ours in after a year, I sent the manuals with it so can’t help you there.
tnka trk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 06:35 AM   #3

Thanks, nothing specific more just looking for model numbers to google in case I ever needed parts. I suppose in time I can hunt down the models on the unit itself, I just didn't know if there was a way to find the manuals.

Other than my AC question on another thread I started all seems well. Can I ask since you had it what pluses or minuses you found and did you just have the single AC unit and how did it cool?

Thanks
jim
Old 04-02-2023, 10:49 AM   #4
Site Team

snip...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyp11 View Post
Thanks, nothing specific more just looking for model numbers to google in case I ever needed parts. I suppose in time I can hunt down the models on the unit itself, I just didn't know if there was a way to find the manuals. Thanks
jim
Getting the specific model and maybe serial numbers off each is the best way, then you can go to each manufacturers website and hopefully download and print off the manuals. If they don't have downloads, I'd give them a phone call or email asking if they're still available.

Check back if you don't find something, and we'll send out our "detectives" to look in the nooks and crannies for you. Some of us might have what you're needing, and make copies for you.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 11:22 AM   #5

Thanks! Yeah I found the AC model. Coleman 48004-866, went to make sure it was clean up top and got that model. Website had the manual, so agreed, just get a flashlight and go clean and look at each thing I want a manual for.

Most are self explanatory, but some things have helpful info in the manual

jim
Old 04-02-2023, 05:56 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFlightRisk View Post
Getting the specific model and maybe serial numbers off each is the best way, then you can go to each manufacturers website and hopefully download and print off the manuals...
As it sounds like you have already discovered, you can usually find a lot more info by going direct to your appliance to get model and serial numbers and then follow-up with that manufacturer.

It's been my experience that manuals that come with the trailer only provide basic information regarding equipment and appliances your unit may have but not necessarily specific to what you actually have. So going the self-discovery route is usually the best direction to go in. Also, are you sure the previous owner(s) didn't already swap out the original equipment?
Old 04-03-2023, 06:06 AM   #7

From my reading on the internet (which has nothing but truth and accurate info) it is the stock equipment.

jim