Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-27-2019, 07:09 PM   #1

2016 jayco 264bh mystery leak

Hi all, we bought our unit last summer and got a great deal (used, private party). We enjoyed it for almost a year until we discovered a leak at the head of the queen bed. A slow water drip coming from the middle interior seam right above the bed. Only leaks when it rains or water is running over top. So naturally we had the entire roof re-sealed. All seams re-sealed as well as lights and vents,etc. Well it's still leaking!! We/ as well as the trailer people cannot figure it out. It's a slow leak and we are in california so thank goodness we caught it early and can fix it before winter, but has anyone has this issue. We had the entire front seam re-done as well.... Very stumped.
JAYCO264BH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 08:40 PM   #2

A friend of mine had a leak in a similar 26BH and it wound up being the caulking around one of the front clearance lights.
Iraqvet05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 09:32 PM   #3

Tonight we ran a hose over the nose of the trailer being sure not to wet the front seam up top. Sure enough water still came through. Thinking it's either the clearance lights or the side wall seam.
Old 05-29-2019, 11:54 AM   #4

Our 2018 26BH had a leak straight of the lot around where the gutters, roof and front panels meet. There was some black sealant around the area... A couple holes in that black sealant, patched them up and all was good after.

I will try to take pics tonight when I get home as I have to climb up there for my annual inspection anyways.
Neo1130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 12:11 PM   #5

We resealed the lights and have already had the top seal completely redone. Ran water over it this morning, still leaks... seriously so frustrated. there are two pieces of trim that run across the back wall behind the queen bed, an upper piece that is about a foot down from the ceiling and a lower piece about a foot above the bed. The upper piece is not leaking.. which we think is strange since the lower piece is where water is dripping from. So the leak is going past the first piece of trim and leaking out of the second piece. I will mention the the rv repairman about the gutters.. we love this trailer but getting so frustrated.

Tags
jayco 264bh leak, jayco front leak, jayco roof leak, leak