Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-09-2017, 05:23 AM   #1

2017 jayco jayfeather x213 backup camera wiring

I would like information on installing and wiring a backup camera on a 2017 jayco jayfeather x213 tt. Such as where to connect the power wires and where to mount the camera.
ant21b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 06:24 AM   #2

Not sure about your model. Some TTs have a sticker saying Backup Camera Wiring, mine does not. So after a bit of researching cameras, I decided on a wireless Tadi Bros system. The Furrion seems popular, but the monitor is 4.3" (isn't that like an iphone 5?). Tadi allows me to pick a camera/ monitor package that works for me.
I went with a wireless observation system as opposed to a backup camera. The observation system has a longer range than a system designed for backup as it's designed to run all the time, not just when backing up.
I will mount mine high, just below the center marker. I will tap off of the light, and they will have to be on to power the camera.
I also upgraded the camera for something wider than the norm, just to help when backing up solo.
I will mount the monitor on the dash and hope for a good view of the TT and cars in both lanes, as well as picnic tables at the campgrounds.
deewaltguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 07:28 AM   #3

My jayco jayfeather does not have a sticker even though its a 2017. I already hit a concrete post in front of my house backing up the first time slight damage to the bumper. My model has a rearward slide out and three lights just above that then the roof line so its a tight squeeze to mount anything there. I would like to mount the camera there but need information on wiring and mounting. I will use a wireless system so only power has to be connected to the rear camera. I have a boyo that goes on the license plate but maybe a diffrent one would be better that one may not give a good rear view. I have not mounted anything yet.
ant21b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 08:04 AM   #4

Take a look here, something might work.
https://www.tadibrothers.com/categor...camera-systems
I wanted a higher mount camera to show the traffic as well as posts.
If your camera is wireless, all it needs is 12V. It can get it from the marker lights or the clearance lights, 12V is 12V.
For me, the license plate braket is low and on one side.
Can you not mount a wireless camera above a clearance light or over to the side?
It'd just be a matter of snaking a wire out a hole and attaching the camera to the body. If your body is fiberglass you'll need a ground also.
Old 09-09-2017, 09:08 AM   #5

Good luck with Tadi Brothers! I got one to use with my 30 ft. 2017 28 RLS and my Ford Expedition. Advertised to have range of 60 feet. However, although sold for RV use, is not quite capable of transmitting through the 30 ft. aluminum box. It works, but reception leases a lot to be desired. May be worth extra work and expense to hard wire it!
tomanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 09:34 AM   #6

The one I'm getting has a range of 100'. I have a trip scheduled in a couple weeks and it'll be a good test. If it works, great, if not it goes back. They have a 30 day return policy.
Old 09-09-2017, 10:00 AM   #7

I have the Furrion Observation camera install on our Jayco 232RB by the dealer. It works great, and it's real handy having an always on camera driving down the highway. Makes for easy lane changes. I believe they wired to the taillights which means I have to always have them on for it to work.
markscns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 01:23 PM   #8

Did you do your install yet? I have bought a camera, and plan to mount it high near the clearance lights, but have yet to find the wiring (from the inside). I bought this camera: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 The only initial problem with the camera is that the bracket and the antenna interfere with each other if you try to mount it on a vertical surface. so I bought a $5 90 degree fitting which has solved that issue. Still working on the best way to connect to the 12 volts and have a clean install.
PGPerry is offline   Reply With Quote