Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-20-2018, 05:39 PM   #1

2018 Jayco 338RETS

Hoping so one can give me a little guidance with my new trailer. I have 3 grey handles, 1 - for each of the two tanks grey water tanks, not sure what the 3rd one is? 1 - black handle for black water.

I have not be able to get my Therford Sani-con Waste system to work? I have watched the video twice, but still does not work?

Can't get my fridge to dispense water or make ice, I checked the shut-off value for the ice maker line, checked under the sink could not find a second value?

My dealer is looking into this for me, but has not came up with a answer yet.

Any comments or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
JLFrisby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 07:27 PM   #2

I think I can answer one of your three questions. We own a 330RSTS and we have 3 gray handles also. Your third tank is in front of the trailer. We have a separate monitoring panel with the little red lights on the side of the bedroom dresser.
The other two tanks are monitored in the panel by the kitchen where your hot water heater switch is. Im pretty sure yours is the same.
I think you will love your new trailer.
colaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 06:01 AM   #3

You should have 4 tank valve handles. 3 grey tanks and 1 black tank handle. 2 Grey tank handles near the main sewer outlet and another up front near the front cap. The two grey tank handles by the main outlet are for the bath/shower tank and the other is for the kitchen. The third (up front) is for a washer option. I put on a Thetford twist on gate valve on the main outlet and it not only eliminates any valve leakage while in transit from pouring out when removing the cap, but also allows me to keep both it and the black tank closed while opening all 3 grey tank valves and create one large grey tank. We have a Truma tankless WH and it comes in handy for that.

The residential refrigerators have 2 shutoff valves, one is usually at the base of the refrigerator and in our 330RSTS, you have to remove the drawer under the oven to reach it. I expect your 338RETS is the same. To know for sure where it's located, with the kitchen slide extended, look under that slideout to determine what side of the refrigerator the water line penetrates the floor near the refrigerator and that is where you will find that shutoff. The second one is usually under the sink because it T's off the cold water line for the sink. Ours is behind a false panel that we have to remove two screws to get to. Once you have water running, also make sure the ice maker is turned on by removing the cover for the ice bucket and check the on/off switch.

As for the SaniCon, sorry can't help you there.
Old 05-21-2018, 05:00 PM   #4

Thanks Colaguy. Very helpful. Happy Camping.
Old 05-30-2018, 06:05 PM   #5

Thanks Blujay, your advise was right on. Happy Camping