Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-01-2020, 08:16 PM   #1

2021 Eagle HT Auto Leveling

I’m going to be ordering a 2021 Eagle HT with the auto leveling feature. Does anyone know what system these come with? I can’t find any specifics.
jsc1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 09:16 AM   #2

My 2020 Eagle HT came with Ground Control 3.0, I love it!

My Smoker Adventure:
I bought a really cool small smoker, if interested PM me.
Spower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 12:33 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spower View Post
My 2020 Eagle HT came with Ground Control 3.0, I love it!
Thanks!
Old 09-03-2020, 06:24 AM   #4

My 2021 Eagle HT 29.5BHDS came with ground control 3.0 as well. So far I love it!
Psucivil13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 06:50 AM   #5

Had it on my HT and on my Eagle. Learn it’s idiosyncrasies and it’s great.
2024 Chevy 3500HD DRW
TxLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 08:22 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxLoser View Post
Had it on my HT and on my Eagle. Learn it’s idiosyncrasies and it’s great.
From what I’ve been reading/watching it’s best to start with a fairly level trailer.

If your not on a relatively flat site, level it the old school way first, then hit the auto level button.

I have some of the Andersen levelers so that should be easy enough.
Old 09-04-2020, 08:36 AM   #7

That’s it. If I’m in a really off level site, I throw some leveling blocks down on the low side. Additionally, I always put a fair number of leveling blocks under the rear jacks to avoid an out of stroke. With that, I’ve only had two issues with the system. Once when using the system to lift one side for tire change(bad idea) it got all screwed up...took a few resets to fix that. The other time, I had to manually retract one of the front landing gear a small amount to get it working. Somehow it got bound up. Worked fine since.
2024 Chevy 3500HD DRW
TxLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 08:41 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxLoser View Post
That’s it. If I’m in a really off level site, I throw some leveling blocks down on the low side. Additionally, I always put a fair number of leveling blocks under the rear jacks to avoid an out of stroke. With that, I’ve only had two issues with the system. Once when using the system to lift one side for tire change(bad idea) it got all screwed up...took a few resets to fix that. The other time, I had to manually retract one of the front landing gear a small amount to get it working. Somehow it got bound up. Worked fine since.
Excellent info, thanks!

I was thinking of buying one of these to go under each leveling Jack. I have one I used on the hitch jack of my old camper. They seem pretty solid, but a little expensive.

https://andersenhitches.com/Products/3608m--trailer-jack-block.aspx
Old 01-11-2022, 11:28 PM   #9
DVD

I have a 2021 Eagle HT 280RSOK and the auto leveling system has never worked. I’m still trying to get Jayco to fix it. I can only control it using the Jayco App. The LCI Smart Jack Ground Control 3.0 TT system gets close to being level and then always goes completely out of level and gives an error (extreme terrain). Then some of the jacks can’t even be moved manually until system is reset; and how to do a reset is a mystery too. There is no BU control option for the leveling system on the interior electronic control panel. There is no hardwired LCI manual push buttons control panel either. It should have a BU method, but does not. Not happy! Does anyone else have this problem? Is there a fix? Thanks.
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 06:33 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD View Post
I have a 2021 Eagle HT 280RSOK and the auto leveling system has never worked. I’m still trying to get Jayco to fix it. I can only control it using the Jayco App. The LCI Smart Jack Ground Control 3.0 TT system gets close to being level and then always goes completely out of level and gives an error (extreme terrain). Then some of the jacks can’t even be moved manually until system is reset; and how to do a reset is a mystery too. There is no BU control option for the leveling system on the interior electronic control panel. There is no hardwired LCI manual push buttons control panel either. It should have a BU method, but does not. Not happy! Does anyone else have this problem? Is there a fix? Thanks.
Mine never worked all season. Even on paved sites that were pretty much flat. It would get it somewhat level then just go bonkers and lift the axels off the ground and then start throwing error codes of extreme grade or something.

I brought it in for warranty at the end of the year. It turns out the clowns at Jayco had the system wired backwards. All the front sensors were wired as if they were in the rear and the rear were wired as if they were in the front. I’ll have to read the sheet and see if they had them wired in the wrong sides too.

I could never get my AC’s to cool right either. The main cabin one would always shut off but the bedroom unit would run constantly. The same idiot must have wired these because the sensors were wired opposite here too.
Old 01-12-2022, 09:33 AM   #11

Sounds pretty much the same as my 274CKDS. Took it in at end of season. Been there over six weeks for a laundry list of warranty items including the autolevel. Supposedly everything fixed except autolevel, waiting on parts.

I have dual AC and had trouble with that in the beginning. Eventually discovered the bedroom temp sensor and the outdoor temp sensor were reversed. Was able to fix that myself with some forum help.

But yes, autolevel would appear to be working, get the unit to what looked like level and then take off into no man's land for some reason, run a jack to its limit and declare extreme slope
2017 Silverado 1500 DC 5.3L 4x4 LT (sold)
2021 Sierra 2500 SLT CCSB 4x4 (gas)
E4 16/1.6 hitch
Wxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 10:58 AM   #12
DVD

Thanks, that helps.
I had the AC issue too. Dealer said it was working fine. By putting my finger on the main living area wall thermostat temp sensor, I showed them it was controlling the bedroom AC. Sensor wiring were switched. Main AC area is still a challenge. You said there is an outside sensor too?
Are you able to control your auto leveling with the electronic control panel on the interior wall? I cannot, but was told my wall control panel is a lower end model and different than what normally is delivered on the Jayco Eagle HT.
Does anyone know if I can get the LCI hardwired control panel and wire it directly to control the leveling system?
Thanks.
Old 01-12-2022, 11:16 AM   #13

Nope, no auto level control on the panel inside the camper on the 2021. Either front Jack or the app as far as I know. I typically used the phone app.

The 2022 have the nicer panel and those may have auto level control.

Hopefully it works for me this next season. I would have saved a lot of time and cussing if I would have just had manual stabilizers and my Andersen Levelers. Lol
Old 01-12-2022, 05:01 PM   #14

No, I cannot control any jack or leveling from the interior control panel either. I have the phone app and some controls on the tongue jack. I have gotten by with individually controlling the jacks with the phone app. No problem with that, just nothing AUTO would work.

I was just in contact with service writer today (TT been there six weeks) and mentioned the crossed wires for the autolevel sensors. He assured me their most senior tech was working it with factory and that they wanted to order parts.

Yes, at least on the 274CKDS there is an exterior temp sensor. I have no idea where it is. The only place I have ever seen it displayed is in the upper part of the app home screen. It does seem to be fairly accurate. I don't know where the system may use that input.
Originally on mine it was obvious the bedroom sensor was not reading correctly. With help of forum I discovered where the sensor wires connected to the module. The inputs were labeled well. I just switched the wires for the exterior and bedroom sensors. Voila, temp readings were correct and the ACs worked as I expected.

Good luck!!
E4 16/1.6 hitch
Old 02-24-2022, 04:26 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsc1979 View Post
Mine never worked all season. Even on paved sites that were pretty much flat. It would get it somewhat level then just go bonkers and lift the axels off the ground and then start throwing error codes of extreme grade or something.

I brought it in for warranty at the end of the year. It turns out the clowns at Jayco had the system wired backwards. All the front sensors were wired as if they were in the rear and the rear were wired as if they were in the front. I’ll have to read the sheet and see if they had them wired in the wrong sides too.

I could never get my AC’s to cool right either. The main cabin one would always shut off but the bedroom unit would run constantly. The same idiot must have wired these because the sensors were wired opposite here too.
Just got my unit back home today. I had already mentioned my outdoor temp sensor and the bedroom AC temp sensor were reversed. Turns out the AutoLevel problem was the same. The front and rear sensors were reversed at the controller. Took them forever to figure it out.

At one point I had even given the service writer your fix to a similar sounding probelm. Wasn't the first thing they looked at.
E4 16/1.6 hitch
Old 04-09-2022, 08:43 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wxman View Post
Sounds pretty much the same as my 274CKDS. Took it in at end of season. Been there over six weeks for a laundry list of warranty items including the autolevel. Supposedly everything fixed except autolevel, waiting on parts.

I have dual AC and had trouble with that in the beginning. Eventually discovered the bedroom temp sensor and the outdoor temp sensor were reversed. Was able to fix that myself with some forum help.

But yes, autolevel would appear to be working, get the unit to what looked like level and then take off into no man's land for some reason, run a jack to its limit and declare extreme slope
Think our 2022 294RKBS and 2022 Chevy 2500 gas is close to your setup. We ordered the truck and haven't received yet but wondering how yours tows. We did purchase an equalizer hitch. Thanks
sgw1064 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 10:32 AM   #17

I am happy with my setup, I use Equalizer hitch as well.
I previously had Silverado 5.3 DC and 6500 lb Keystone Passport 19RB. I would rather tow this new bigger trailer with bigger truck.
Truck is also my daily driver, almost 50-50 split between driving or towing camper/boat. Very happy overall with the 6.6 gas and HD truck.
E4 16/1.6 hitch
Old 04-09-2022, 01:30 PM   #18
DVD

Eagle HT Autolevel

Glad to hear they finally fixed it.
My Jayco dealer tried to fix our Eagle HT TT LCI Control 3 auto leveler twice, but it is still not working (added 2nd battery for voltage, rezeroed system, updated software verified wiring). Unfortunately, they are a smaller Jayco dealer with zero repair experience with this new leveling system. Then, I could not get my Jayco camper into any other bigger Jayco Service Centers since they refused to do Jayco warranty work if we did not buy it from them (claim they lose money). Tried 5 St Louis area IL & MO Jayco dealers. Same story. Not much of a warranty when Jayco dealers refuse to work on them??? I was able to get it in at Camping World, but have not heard anything; fingers crossed. Jayco company agreed to fixing it at Camping World even though this one is not an official Jayco service center. However, Jayco has to approve the repair estimate first and I have to cover if price is too high and for diagnostic time. Not really fair, but I'm so tired of dealing with this and need my camper back for the camping season. TBD.
Does anyone know if I can just get the LCI hardwired control panel and wire it directly to the LCI leveling system controller? I called LCI and they said to call Jayco. Jayco had no answer and said I have to go thru a Jayco Service Center or I void my warranty. No help. I think bypassing the Jayco App and BMPro JayCommand controller will simplify this auto leveler issue significantly.
Thanks.
Old 09-07-2022, 06:16 PM   #19
DVD

Update: Third time is a charm. My LCI electric auto-leveling was finally fixed by Camping World after a year of issues starting the day we purchased the 2021 Eagle HT (great customer service by Wentzville MO Camping World after Jayco dealer failed). They simply ended up replacing the control module. It works great and I can now even control auto leveling with the nose jack (vs JAYCOMMAND App).