Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-19-2020, 02:07 PM   #1
Wsw

334rlok observations

We have had our 2021 334rlok for a few months now and wanted to post some observations which might help someone thinking about this model.

Towing with a 2019 Ram 2500 megacab 4x4. Coming home from the dealership they installed a 14000 pound equalizer with a 10000 pound ball. We were sitting heavy and way to low with the front end to high, and bouncy. Wondered if I needed a new truck. Nope. Did some research. Love my truck and hated the thought of having a heavier truck when I tow camper only 6 or 7 times a year.

Weight loaded is around 12,800 pounds. Tongue weight is listed at 1435. 14000 pound equalizer would probably do it but it is definitely to low on tongue weight. Better safe than sorry so Ordered new 16000 pound equalizer with 16000 pound ball. Selling 14000 hitch on craigslist. New hitch was a good call.

Put firestone air bags on truck with 20 pounds of air and set up new hitch correctly. Tongue height is 27 inches. I now sit at 26.5 inches when hooked up and ready to go. This is in range equalizer suggests. Several camping trips so far. No issues towing camper at all. No sway when either passing or being passed even at 70 on the interstate. All good with truck pulling trailer with a correct hitch set up. Plenty of power as well. Truck does great.

Installed the furrion rear camera. Works great once I figured out how to flip image around. This camper is 40 feet long and another 14 feet or so to dash. No lag and picture is fine. Items are a little closer than they look on camera though. I adjusted camera so if I see a car, no lane changing. Love it so far. No side cameras yet. Do not feel like I need them. Took me 5 minutes to install camera. Literally 5 minutes.

Installed 3 slide toppers all solara. 90 inch, 150 inch, 162 inch, all black. Took about 30 minutes to put first one on and about 20 minutes for the others. The pre mounts made them a breeze to put on. Need 2 people for the long ones. I put short one on by myself. Everything fit great. $1050 for all 3. They even came with a black rail but I like the white ones already on the trailer and not changing those for sure. We camped one time before I got them in. Under tree and had to go up to roof and sweep off before i could close up slides. No more. The black toppers accent the white camper nicely.

Put some tst 507 sensors on the travel trailer tires just for my peace of mind. I like having a separate monitor sitting on my dash. I did have to wire booster in though as suggested. I tried without it but would sometimes lose the rear tire sensor signal.

I am a little concerned about the bmpro system. I immediately synced it to my wife and my galaxy phones along with a galaxy tablet just in case display goes out in the coach. If the actual bmpro hub goes out I guess we end up with a 13000 pound paperweight. Nothing on this coach works on a switch except for a few lights and the water pump in island. Furnace, air, most lights, awnings, all work on a wireless hub signal. No hub, no nothing. Panel in hall goes out, still use phone for everything. Googled bmpro for parts just in case. Found nothing except must reside in Australia to order. Maybe that gets better. Bmpro hub is behind panel in front cap. I guess in emergency you might jump a hot to the specific plug to get something to work. But that would be a real issue. Wireless signal goes to hub which activates electric to whatever you want done. Hope it works great for a long time. Looks easy to replace hub but probably really expensive. Way of future though as most upper end rvs are going in that direction.

Two issues. There is supposed to be an orange sat cable to main lr tv. Cannot find it. A pink aux one, cable, and roof antenna all I see coming into cabinet through outside kitchen. No biggie really. I plan on putting dish on roof and just dropping cable down into cabinets over couch. Pink aux must be split so much my wally cannot find dish when hooked to it.

Cannot find hot wire for rear furrion camera to put on switch to use as monitor while in coach. Supposed to be behind br switch. No switch there just a bmpro wireless controller. No holes to look in for wire.

Love our trailer. Perfect size for us. We went from 40 foot diesel pusher back to 40 foot travel trailer. Owned various rvs for past 35 years.
Wsw is offline   Reply With Quote