Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-21-2018, 10:00 PM   #1

aluminum siding issue

Today, returning from our vacation trip, I looked up to notice a bulge in the aluminum siding, about 1/3 of way from top of TT, near the front, driver's side. Reaching up to push on it, I was able to push it in some, it sort of popped a little and went a bit flatter. However, it does not stay in place, and there's still a bit of a bulge, even when I push it back down. I've never noticed this before. Adding to the mystery, it doesn't seem to want to go back completely flat due to something solid behind it right where it bulges the most--around it, there's more give, but not right at apex of bulge. One last note, there is a similar but much smaller bulge on the opposite side, same place which seems to return even after being pushed in, but it doesn't have the same solid spot behind it. What am I dealing with? (I have a 2013 264BHW.)
tdk2765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 10:23 PM   #2

Well, I have an '18 21QB that I've had for 2 months, and have basically the same issue and in the same spot as yours. I did not notice it until a couple of weeks after I had it home. You describe exactly what mine does. I would of had it back to the dealer sooner, but I had some trips planned so it's going in to get it repaired (I hope) in a couple of weeks.

The service guy I talked to said it could be a few different things, like the aluminum section could be a little too long and causing it to bulge, or might of missed the 2x2 when stapling. Hopefully they'll be able to tell me what the issue was after the repair, but of course, it doesn't help with your question right now.
Old 06-23-2018, 02:03 AM   #3
Site Team

A friend had the same thing happen. It turned out that staples were missing causing the siding to bulge out. The dealer removed the siding and re stapled it.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote