Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-29-2020, 08:09 AM   #1

Andersen WDH

I'm preparing to purchase a 2020 Jay Flight 28 BHS. I want to look at an Anderson WDH, and for the selection of the model I am missing a measurement from the TT. Any one have...I need measurement "A" blue arrow in attached screen shot.

Thanks in advance
Mike
Attached Thumbnails
Trailer photo.jpg  
Mike_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 09:54 AM   #2

Measure the width of the tongue frame where you see the red line with arrows. You can call Andersen directly and they will guide you thru any questions you have. Very good customer service . It's best to have tow vehicle and trailer together for all measurements if possible. There is also a video of setting it up chosing the correct one. Goodluck and enjoy your TT
deano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 09:38 PM   #3
mdb

Get the dealer to measure the frame rail dimensions for you. That is what you need. You will probably end up getting the universal mounting bracket kit.
That being said, I feel the Andersen wdh is not a good match for this trailer. I have one for my Hummingbird 17BH towed by a diesel Chevy Colorado. Works well but it doesn't transfer weight to the front very well. It is a heck of a lot quieter, cleaner and easier to handle than the Fastway E2 I had before. I would seriously consider a trunnion bar style wdh with a 30+ foot long trailer.
mdb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anderson wdh, towing systems