Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-04-2019, 08:26 PM   #1

Another question

Besides the the blue ray question, here is another question...I have s tailgater sat. dish, on the past (2) trailers I’ve owned the dish dosent wort connecting to the outside connect, I have always had to route the coax through a window directly into my receiver. Any stories from the same situation? Jayco says it will work but I’m not convinced. Thank you!
Camp david is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 08:46 PM   #2

Had the same thing happen. What I found out is the Tailgater, Wingard [ I have that one] and others will not work plugged into the outside connector. Now if you have tripod and a dish on it the outside connector will work. The reason the tailgater and wingard will not work is those need 12 power to move the internals to change from one satalite to another. The cables in the Jayco will not let this happen. I checked with 6 different rv repair places and they all told me the same thing. What I did on the other Jayco we had was put a connector on the outside and run a RG6 cable from the inside on the connector to the receiver. Now run the RG-6 cable from the tailgater or Wingard to the out side connector that you installed and everything will work as it is supposed to.
2018 Jayco Jayfeather 27 RL, 2002 Ford excursion, v-10, 3:73 gears 4x4 mine. 2020 Buick Encore Hers, Retired Air Force, now Retired.
Parcany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 07:10 AM   #3

My tailgater has worked fine on my last two trailers, a White Hawk and the current Jay Flight. Inside by the tv there are two coax connectors beside the roof antenna connector and one is a direct link to the cable/sat in connector on the outside. Both trailers came with a short jumper to connect them together to supply signal to the outside tv hook up on the awning side if you're on cable. On both trailers the bottom connector is the one to connect to the satellite box. I like the fact that I can leave the TV connected to the roof antenna and connect the dish receiver by hdmi at the same time for whatever locals I can get wherever we are.
bill777x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 08:23 AM   #4

X2 On what Parcany said. However I'm not sure of the difference in running a wire through the window or running another separate wire.

E-9 Anchor Clanker
Full timers since 2010
2017 North Point 381 DLQS
2015 F-250 6.7 w/Timbrens
DonaandDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 03:11 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill777x View Post
My tailgater has worked fine on my last two trailers, a White Hawk and the current Jay Flight. Inside by the tv there are two coax connectors beside the roof antenna connector and one is a direct link to the cable/sat in connector on the outside. Both trailers came with a short jumper to connect them together to supply signal to the outside tv hook up on the awning side if you're on cable. On both trailers the bottom connector is the one to connect to the satellite box. I like the fact that I can leave the TV connected to the roof antenna and connect the dish receiver by hdmi at the same time for whatever locals I can get wherever we are.
Did that and it still would not work. I had a 2011 Jayco 33RLDS Jayflight, A 2011 Jayco Bungalow and now a 2018 Jayfeather that nothing I did and also a rv shop did would make the tailgater work. Also we had a Dish employee come out and he could not get it to work.
2018 Jayco Jayfeather 27 RL, 2002 Ford excursion, v-10, 3:73 gears 4x4 mine. 2020 Buick Encore Hers, Retired Air Force, now Retired.
Old 05-05-2019, 03:13 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaandDon View Post
X2 On what Parcany said. However I'm not sure of the difference in running a wire through the window or running another separate wire.
I used to run a cable thru the where the slide is but did not like that so I put a connector on the outside of the trailer so all I have to do is screw the RG-6 cable in and then press on inside and let the dish do its thing. There is no difference in doing it either way.
Old 05-06-2019, 10:25 AM   #7

Like parcany said, but I just attached the
connector box to the outside of the camper next to the storage door and ran my cable directly from the receiver to the tailgater. When I'm through, I disconnect from the tailgater and pull the wire back into the connector box. Mine goes into the bedroom so I can use the storage door for access.

Then I ran HDMI cable from the receiver in the bedroom into the television in the living room. I tried HDMI splitter to run into both the bedroom and living room televisions but that did not work. So the bedroom runs off of component.
'14 Denali XL
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote